“An excellent stay”

Best Western Plus Ahtanum Inn
Ranked #2 of 24 Hotels in Yakima
Reviewed 9 April 2013

Linda Sue on the front desk gave us a warm welcome upon our arrival and was extremely helpful. We enjoyed a 4 day stay in a spacious suite with balcony and kitchenette, really nice.

Each morning breakfast was exceptional. Hotel location next to Outback restaurant and shopping within walking distance. A short drive to wineries. Be sure to bring your BW points card with you, it will pay off.

A great place to stay and good value for money.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
BWPlusAhtanumInn, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus Ahtanum Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2013

Thank you very much for your kind words about our hotel property! We were delighted to have you as our guest.

We take pride in the warm welcome that you received from Linda & our front desk staff, and are very pleased that you enjoyed our suite too. At 700+square feet in size, our suites are very spacious, comfortable, and accommodating.

We're also glad that you enjoyed our full hot breakfast. We've been working on it for the past couple of years & are now proud to be able to offer our guests a delicious full hot breakfast, very similar to what you would receive at a restaurant.

Once again, thank you for your thoughtful review of our hotel property!

Reviewed 8 April 2013

This Hotel has been good to us the last three years,we have made it our primary place to stay in the Yakima area. However! Be advised to any smokers... They have remodeled the smoking wing of the hotel so as to give all the smoking rooms doors onto the parking lot. I am personally uncomfortable with rooms that have exterior doors. These rooms are now such that when you open the door,you run into a bed and there is now excess,useless space in the room where the door used to be. You would really feel cramped in one of these rooms now. We were fortunate that the hotel had other rooms available,we took a suite on the second floor (nonsmoking) for a lot more money and were happy to do so as the smoking rooms are now essentially useless. Otherwise a great hotel for a well maintained older property! The staff was very considerate and prompt to change our room to a habitable one.... We will look here first for our next stay in the Yakima area.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
BWPlusAhtanumInn, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus Ahtanum Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2013

Thank you very much for your patronage to our hotel property! We are honored to be your “hotel of choice” whenever you are in the Yakima area. We also value your feedback regarding our smoking rooms, and will always try to offer you your “room of choice” whenever you may stay with us. Once again, thank you for taking the time to evaluate our hotel property, and for your kind words about the hotel and our employees.

Reviewed 18 March 2013

I checked into this hotel for a single night in March 2013 while working my way from Washington Wine Country back to Seattle. In hind sight a room rate of around $100 should have told me all I needed to know - you get exactly what you pay for.

The hotel is aging, the bed very worn and saggy and the breakfast a typically poor Best Western effort. All of this is part of the 'buyer beware' experience with a cheap hotel and I take full responsibility for my decision.

What I don't take responsibility for is the desk staff making a copy of my credit card number and using it (along with my home address and cell phone number taken from the check-in form) to make a $600 online purchase within hours of me checking out. This particular card hadn't been used in weeks and was used only once on my trip - at this hotel.

There are 15+ hotels in Yakima - stay somewhere else, please!

Room Tip: Pick a room in a different hotel
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
BWPlusAhtanumInn, General Manager at Best Western Plus Ahtanum Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2013

Thank you for your business and for expressing your concerns. The condition of the bed and dissatifsfaction with our Full Hot breakfast are issues we need to know about. It is difficult to address concerns about our hotel if we are not given a chance to resolve these issues when they occur. If we had known the bed in the room 221 was less then you expected, we could have moved you to another room or supplied you with a bedboard. We have not had any other feedback regarding the bed in that room.

What specifically was unsatisfactory about our breakfast? We built a large new breakfast area last year and we work very hard to make our FULL HOT breakfast selections of the best quality, and prepared and served with excellence.

I am sorry to hear unauthorized charges have been made against your credit card. However, you make very serious accusations against our entire establishment which I would like to fully investigate. Our systems are PCT compliant, which means they only permit us to see the last 4 numbers of your credit card. There is no opportunity for our desk agents to amass enough information from your credit card to attempt any type of unauthorized usage.

If you feel we have broken our trust with your financial information, please allow us the opportunity to investigate your damaging accusations by sharing the evidence you have to justify the misuse of your credit card. We have not had any other incidents of this nature imputed to us. My desk staff has an extremely low turnover rate, so it would be unusual for a problem like this to suddenly appear.
That being said, if you will please call me at (425) 760-6848, I will be certin to investigate all the details and report back to you.

Respectfully

Thomas Deats

Reviewed 29 October 2012

This hotel was very clean and nice. We were there for a dog show and it was nice to have the hotel welcome our well mannered pets and with no pet fee. This hotel had the best breakfast that I have ever had at a hotel.

Room Tip: the inside rooms have a huge view of the courtyard and pool
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
BWPlusAhtanumInn, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus Ahtanum Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write this review, and for staying with us! We hope to have the privilege of welcoming you back again in the future.

Reviewed 20 October 2012

Great hotel with average Best Western Standard. No suprises - neither positive nor negative. Big rooms, standard interior equipment. Hotels is directly near an Outback restaurant and a mall.

Breakfast room is very big with enough tables for many guests. Breakfast was not particular, but ok.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank Paso.Doble

Reviewed 10 October 2012

Love this Hotel!! We stay at least twice a year as we have a very large family. The beautiful green courtyard gives the kids plenty of room to run and play, and The swimming pool is always a hit!! The rooms are very up kept and remodeled.. Excellent variety at the continental breakfast in the morning and The staff is always friendly, and very helpful! I recommend this hotel to all my friends and family! We' ll continue to stay here when ever we return to Yakima.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank ErinHouse44

Reviewed 9 October 2012

I travel on business to Yakima one week a month for the last nine years. I have stayed at the Ahtanum Inn the entire time. There have been occasions when I didn't make reservations and the staff always seems to find me a room even when they appeared to be at full capacity! The staff has always been polite and helpful. Rooms have always been neat and clean. They have recently enlarged the breakfast area and enhanced the complimentary breakfast. They also have replaced all the counter tops in all the rooms with granite and updated all the T.V's!
I have read reviews from other customers of bed bugs, fleas, and such. Over nine years of staying here I have never experienced any such thing (and I think I would have by now!!). I also read that they have no elevator. This is true but it is only a TWO floor hotel!! If you are too lazy to walk up one flight of stairs, maybe you should ask for the first floor!!!!!!
I will continue to stay at the Antanum Inn and have recommended them to my friends and family! Over the years, the staff and management have treated me more like family than just another customer!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write this review, and for staying with us! We hope to have the privilege of welcoming you back again in the near future.