“Very nice hotel, but they didn't honor the room on my reservation”
Review of Holiday Inn Yakima

Holiday Inn Yakima
Ranked #10 of 24 Hotels in Yakima
Newtown, PA
“Very nice hotel, but they didn't honor the room on my reservation”
Reviewed 17 August 2013

I booked this Holiday Inn months in advance using Priority Club points. I reserved an executive king that included a jetted tub in the room description. Much to my surprise we were given a standard king upon arrival. After returning to the front desk after seeing our room, the staff had no idea how to handle the situation. Their explanation was the executive rooms were already occupied. This should never happen. I did call the main office at IHG and at least they redeemed some of my points. However, it doesn't make up for the original error.

In fairness, we stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Chehalis and the Candlewood Suites at the Portland airport on this trip and had great experiences at both places. I have reviews posted on both hotels. I don't want it to seem like I'm bashing the IHG brand. They have been a good chain for us over the years.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Yakima, responded to this review, 6 September 2013
Dear relayer,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry about the reservation confusion. We will look into this point. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Woodinville,WA
Reviewed 15 August 2013

Convenient location, modern hotel in heart of downtown. Clean, and well maintained, friendly staff, free secure fenced parking, Very nicely decorated room offering comfy beds. Have stayed here before and would do so again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
BrittDOS, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Yakima, responded to this review, 19 August 2013
Dear luvgr8trvl,

Thank you so much for taking time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor. We know you are busy, but genuinely enjoy hearing from our guests! I am so glad you had a great stay.

I'm so happy to hear that you have stayed with us before. We love seeing familiar faces!! Thank you for your kind words about our rooms. I will pass your words along to the maintanence and housekeeping staff.

We hope to see you back with us again next time you are in Yakima!!

Hood River, OR
Reviewed 14 August 2013

Very pleasant stay! The room was lovely and the beds were great for a good night of sleep! The breakfasts were very good. This hotel is close to the convention center. I'm looking forward to staying here again

Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
BrittDOS, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Yakima, responded to this review, 15 August 2013
JudyHG,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor! We truly appreciate your kind words. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and found our bedding to be comfortable. I hope you and your friends had a great time in Yakima!

We hope to see you again next time you are traveling to Yakima for pleasure or business!!

Thank you again for choosing the Holiday Inn Downtown Yakima.

Reviewed 5 August 2013

We are on our honeymoon just stopping through and needed a place for the night. We didn't stop by until 10pm to see if there were rooms available. To our luck there was and the front desk was really nice and got us in to a king size standard room for very reasonable. The 24hr pool was clean and nice. The room itself was nice as well. The decor wasn't out of date and made you feel cozy.

• Stayed August 2013
BrittDOS, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Yakima, responded to this review, 7 August 2013
Dear Mpircey,

Congratulations on your marriage! We are so glad that we were able to play a small roll in your honeymoon! Thank you so much for your kind words about our hotel and front desk staff. I will be sure to pass your message along to the front desk manager to share with her staff.

I am pleased to hear you enjoyed our pool, rooms, and decor. We truly appreciate it and strive to offer continued excellence!

We would like to wish you many happy years in the future together and hope to see you again next time you are in or traveling through Yakima.

Friday Haror
Reviewed 1 August 2013

Stayed here one night traveling through. Found reviews on TA and booked ahead. Great hotel, great location. Lobby was nice, front desk super helpful. Secure parking a plus. The rooms were spacious, clean and comfortable. Nice bar and restaurant, through didn't eat there, it's definitely a plus. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
BrittDOS, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Yakima, responded to this review, 5 August 2013
Dear Gardenia02,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at our property! I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay while in town!!

I am pleased your found our front desk helpful. I will be sure to pass along your kind words to them. I am happy you found your room spacious and clean and enjoyed the lobby.

We look forward to having you stay with us next time you are in town! Thank you agian for choosing the Holiday Inn while you were in Yakima.
Spokane, Washington
Reviewed 8 July 2013

My daughter and family booked us in since we were at my granson's first swim meet in the area. Needles to say, my wife and I were very pleantly surprized at the setting and the room make up. Our room had the bed and a very nice hide-a-bed couch with the usual coffee (a Kuerig) and a refrigerator. The temperature was well maintianed th eroom was very good shape. The free breakfast with our package waas very nice, better then the usual make your own waffle and cereal. Gated parking was an added feature.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Bimster69
Manager802, Manager at Holiday Inn Yakima, responded to this review, 12 July 2013
Dear Bimster69,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay! I am so happy to hear that you and your wife enjoyed your time here, and I hope that your Grandson's swim meet went well!

I am glad that you enjoyed your room, including the Keurig coffee maker, sofa sleeper, and comfortable room temperature. I am also glad you enjoyed your team breakfast that was part of your group's package!

Thanks again, and we look forward to having you here with us the next time you are in town!

Jenny J.
Manager
oklahoma
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Was there for one night while on a road trip of nearly 5,000 miles and my husband and I both agree the Yakima Holiday Inn was one of the best places we stayed. We got a good rate for it on Priceline. The front desk clerk was very friendly, the lobby was nicely decorated and everything was clean, fresh, and new. We appreciated the secure parking area and free wifi. It was very hot when we visited Yakima but our room cooled down quickly. There is a Target within walking distance and even though many other businesses are nearby we had a quiet, restful night's sleep. If I ever return to the area, this property would be my first choice.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Dear soonermom,

Thank you for the review of your recent trip! We are so glad you chose to make us a part of your long adventure!

I am delighted to hear that you and your husband enjoyed your time here, and that you found the hotel to be clean and new, with a friendly front desk staff.

I'm also glad to hear that your room cooled down nicely, and that you had a quiet, restful night's sleep.

We look forward to having you all back with us the next time you visit Yakima!

Jenny J.