“Excellent!”
Review of Holiday Inn Yakima

Holiday Inn Yakima
Ranked #9 of 24 Hotels in Yakima
Reviewed 6 May 2014

This was a great hotel. I was there for a meeting and the hotel was wonderful. The indoor pool and hot tub are open 24 hours, the room was clean. The restaurant served a great breakfast. I would definitely return and bring my kids.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Jill L
BrittDOS, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Yakima, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

Hello Jill L,

Thank you for taking your time to give us a wonderful review! We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and would love for you to bring your family to visit Yakima! We are looking forward to seeing you next time.

Reviewed 15 March 2014 via mobile

Checked in and quoted 154 for a king, asked about a suite option and was suggested a two bed queen suite for 189. Upon entering the room it was a standard two bed room. Called down and asked and was told yeah we don't have suites. That's our best room. Too tired to worry about it. Spent the night listening to the girls volley ball team jumping around. Anyway here is my issue. I checked out and explained that I wasn't happy and felt the value I received was very low to the price I paid. Other than a sorry I received nothing more. So Holiday Inn, I am returning the favor, so sorry but I won't be staying in your hotels anymore.

• Stayed: March 2014
3  Thank Winedogs3
BrittDOS, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Yakima, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2014

Dear Winedogs3,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property. We truly appreciate the chance to take your feedback and use it as a training tool for our staff. I apologize that you do not feel you received the value you paid for. We train our front desk agents to never let the guest leave upset. I apologize that this was not the case for your issue. I ensure you we will retrain on this policy. As for the noise, we did have a full house of sports teams this weekend, but quiet time is 10pm. Our staff is very good about enforcing this, but as always, we welcome a call should you feel the guests around you are being noisy.

Thank you again. I hope next time you are in Yakima you will give us another chance to show you our value and customer service!

Safe travels!

Reviewed 3 March 2014

A relatively comfortable hotel, with not much more to say about it than that really. No problems as such, but the one thing not so good was breakfast. How many hotels these days are table service rather than a buffet? Limited choice of cereals, and unless you remember to ask for: marmalade you get jam; skimmed milk you get full milk; etc.

Room Tip: No particularly wonderful views to try for.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Yakima, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2014

Dear JohnHerring,

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to provide feedback. It was great to read you had a comfortable stay with us. We are constantly striving to provide our guests with the highest level of service that they have come to expect from our hotel. I apologize the quality of breakfast that was served did not live up to your expectations. Your feedback is greatly appreciated as it aids us in ensuring such issues are resolved. I do hope you decide to give us another chance for a future stay.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 23 January 2014

Actual rating = 3.5

We wondered why the parking lot at the Holiday Inn was secure. After reading a prior review that mentions a crime problem in Yakima, I guess we now know. Still, crime a problem in Yakima, maybe we will skip that town next time. Anyway, the Holiday Inn is quite new and very clean. A nice place to stay but nothing special, like many mid level hotels. The staff at the front desk were friendly enough, but, again, nothing special. There is no reason not to stay at the Holiday Inn Yakima, just don't expect to be wowed.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank protravel1
BrittDOS, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Yakima, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2014

Dear protravel1,

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I'm so disappointed we were not able to wow you. Your post states you stayed in March 2013 and I'm pleased to inform you we've made many really good changes in both the front desk and restaurant since than. The sole purpose of the gated parking was and is to save the hotel's parking lot spaces for the hotel's guests.

I do hope that next time you are in town you will give us a try again!!

Reviewed 5 December 2013

Have stayed here twice for business. Although I did not use it, I understand it is close to a walking/jogging path. Fenced parking in the back. Keurig coffee cups in room.

It is not the Ritz Carlton, but I would stay here again. As others have mentioned, breakfast not automatically included (and I did not get a voucher through my deal). However, as award points member, I did get a couple of bottles of water and a bag of chips.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Dear golfdc,

Thank you so much for taking time out of your day to review our property!! I am so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and would return!! We are indeed close to a paved walking/running/biking trail that follows the Yakima River.

I hope to see you back next time your travels bring you through Yakima!!

Thank you!

Reviewed 22 November 2013

At one time, this was my favorite hotel to stay in while on business to Yakima. It is a newer facility that offers nice rooms, very comfortable beds and a gated parking lot. I appreciated that additional security feature. I recently stayed in this hotel for three nights and the experience was far diminished from what I had experienced before.

On the positive side, the rooms themselves were still very good - flat screen TVs with plenty of channels, a comfortable bed and the mini Keurig coffee maker was a nice choice.

And then there were the negatives:
1. Front desk staff - The check in experience was less than optimum. For some reason they didn't have me in the system for the first night of my three-night stay. While they eventually found me a room for the night, the demeanor of the staff could have been better.
2. The hotel is an energy-efficient facility. Each room requires you to slide your room's card key into a slot on the wall as you enter your room in order to turn the lights on. Since I was by myself and had two key cards, I left one in the wall slot and kept the second one in my pocket. When I arrived back to my room on the second day late in the evening, the card in the wall slot was gone. This caused me great concern that the cleaning staff had walked out with my room key that could allow anyone in possession of it to get back into my room while I was gone. When I wandered back down to the front desk at 11 pm the helpful woman at the front desk said that this was hotel policy. Since the hotel has no inventory system that would enable them to know if some hotel keys are going out the back door for use by someone to break into the rooms, I can not understand why they would authorize their cleaning crew to remove the card keys from the rooms. Yakima is known for its high crime rate which is why the hotel offers a gated parking lot. So why in the world do they allow this key removal policy. Until this policy is changed, I will not be staying at this facility.
3. Beware of getting a room directly above the hotel restaurant's kitchen exhaust vents. Every time the heater/air conditioner turns on, it sucks the restaurant exhaust into your room. Ask for rooms on the front side of the building or on the ends to avoid this situation.
4. When I got back to my room on the last night of my stay, I found that room service had left me three bath towels, but no bath mat, face towels or hand towels. A minor inconvenience but just another frustration.

If you are going to Yakima, I would recommend you consider staying at the Ledgestone Hotel a short distant away.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank KeenWalker0625
BrittDOS, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Yakima, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2013

Dear KeenWalker0625,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We truly appreciate the feedback and use it to grow as a hotel. I first want to thank you for your kind words about your room. We strive to provide safe, clean, and relaxing experience.

I apologize your experience at check in was not to your expectations. I am working with the front desk manager to continue training of staff. We want each guest to feel that their issues are taken seriously and corrected in a timely manner.

I have forwarded your concerns about the hotel keys to the general manager to discuss the key policy with the housekeeping. The front desk can always re key keys for you to deactivate any key you may have misplaced. We will review this policy with management.

Our gated parking has nothing to do with the perceived crime rate in Yakima. It was decided to have gated parking to keep the Convention Center's overflow parking from taking parking spots from our guests. We are glad however that it gives you an extra sense of security.

I have also forwarded this review on to our head housekeeper to use as a training tool. Our guests should never be left without a full stock of towels or anything they may need.

Thank you again for your review. I assure you we will work on the issues you presented. I hope next time you are in Yakima, you give us another try!

Reviewed 13 October 2013

We enjoyed our one-night stay in this hotel. The secure parking was important to us and very convenient. The staff was friendly and competent. The room was very nice and comfortable. Our deal included vouchers for $10 each for breakfast in the restaurant which bought us decent but not elaborate meals. Wish the selection of pillows was better but the bed was nice.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Frank60616
BrittDOS, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Yakima, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2013

Dear Frank60616,

Thank you for your review of our property! We really appreciate the feedback!

I am so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Our gated parking is one of our most complimented amenities and I am happy you were also able to enjoy it. I have passed your kind words onto each of our managers to share with their staff. We value each one of our staff members and how well they perform their duties.

Thank you for your compliments on our beds. As for the pillows, next time you stay in a Holiday Inn request a pillow menu. There are few more options available other than what is placed on the bed.

I hope to see you back with us next time your travels take you to Yakima!!

Brittany U.