“I previously lived in the area. My family used this hotel...”

Howard Johnson Plaza Yakima/Near Convention Center
Ranked #21 of 24 Hotels in Yakima

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Port Orchard, WA
Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for a girls weekend and were pretty disappointed when we arrived and were sent to a building across the parking lot for our room. It was old and needed some attention. The tv didnt work but with a call to the front desk it was fixed pretty quickly. I will say the staff is what earned this place our approval. Everyone was very nice and helpful. We needed a wine bottle opener and the front desk went out of their way to get us to the restaurant (which was closed) to borrow one. We went to the pool but it was way too crowded (no chairs or towels available) but again the front desk was quick to get us some towels. The continental breakfast is okay. Not the best selection but certainly better than some and they have a really big seating area which was nice. Again, not the best place but if I return to yakima I will stay there because of the staff

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
UK
Reviewed 21 June 2014

We stayed here for one night as part of a road trip, the motel is fine, its clean, cheap, and the staff were friendly and helpful. It was around 40C when we stayed and having the pool to cool off in was nice.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 June 2014

To begin with, the room smelled funny, like industrial strength cleaner. The Wi-Fi never worked. In the morning, breakfast was supposed to begin at 6:30, but the door was not open until nearly 7:00. But the real kicker was when 6 out of our group of 30 got food poisoning at dinner. Staff couldn't care less it must happen often.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank HeatherH6

Travellers are raving about these Yakima hotels

Prosser, Washington
Reviewed 18 June 2014

This is a good motel. I have stayed here every year for the last six years for our convention. The only thing that would make it better is if there were a restaurant on the premises.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Puyallup
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

Warning!!! I made an error on my reservation and no one would help me. The represenative blamed me for not reading the fine print. Paid for three nights, didnt show because of the wrong date- so my room reservations were paid and they rented my rooms to another guest. I'm out over $300 and still have no place to stay.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Tammy R
Travellers also viewed these Yakima hotels
Holiday Inn Yakima
Hilton Garden Inn Yakima
Days Inn Yakima
Days Inn Yakima
#11 of 24 in Yakima

Been to Howard Johnson Plaza Yakima/Near Convention Center? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Howard Johnson Plaza Yakima/Near Convention Center

Property: Howard Johnson Plaza Yakima/Near Convention Center
Address: 9 N 9th St, Yakima, WA 98901-2522
Region: United States > Washington > Yakima
Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Room Service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #21 of 24 Hotels in Yakima
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:3 star — Howard Johnson Plaza Yakima/Near Convention Center 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Booking.com, Southall Travel, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your Howard Johnson Plaza Yakima/Near Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Howard Johnson Plaza Yakima Hotel Yakima