Howard Johnson Plaza Yakima/Near Convention Center
Ranked #21 of 24 Hotels in Yakima

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights. Room was outdated, small and floor was atrocious. Shower head was made for people 4ft and under. Sliding patio door barely worked. Free breakfast tasted like rubber but it was free so can't complain. Pool was nice from 2ft-8ft in a circle. Hot tub was closed due to a floating captains log. Older lady kept complaining to staff of kids having fun at the pool and splashing, really?? It's a pool get used to it or don't go to the pool. Wont be staying here again.

Stayed July 2014
WA state
Reviewed 6 August 2014

I stayed here last week for an academic conference at the Yakima Convention Center. I was not expecting much after reading negative reviews on TripAdvisor. However, my room was very nice. It looked like it had recently been remodeled and was very clean. The TV was an older model but worked fine. One of my colleagues said her bathroom had some mildew and spider webs but mine was spotless. The desk clerks and housekeeping staff were very nice and professional.
However, my colleagues and I had a strange experience checking in. The desk clerk was very nice and efficient but asked all of us for our cellphone numbers in case we forgot something after we checked out. Even my female colleagues were asked to say their phone numbers out loud so she could put them in the computer. I don't think women should ever have to give out their phone numbers. The hotel could easily ask everyone to write their numbers on the registration form so they would not have to say them out loud. Even more strangely, the clerk gave one of my female colleagues her room key saying, "Room 145. You're all set!" so that everyone could hear. I haven't heard anyone do that in years. Most hotels keep everyone's hotel number private. The room number is written on the envelope with the keys/cards. There is no reason to say it out loud. Women should never have their room numbers announced to the public. There were several men in line behind us so it seemed a little scary. Of course, 99.9% of the time, nothing would happen, but I think people deserve privacy at hotels, especially women traveling alone. I talked to the clerk later about this possible safety problem. She was very surprised I even mentioned it and said it was common practice to say room numbers and phone numbers out loud. I think Howard Johnson's really need to update their security procedures for the safety of their guests. I am curious to see what other reviewers think about these issues.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Travellers also viewed these Yakima hotels
Holiday Inn Yakima
Hilton Garden Inn Yakima
Days Inn Yakima
Days Inn Yakima
#11 of 24 in Yakima

Been to Howard Johnson Plaza Yakima/Near Convention Center? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Howard Johnson Plaza Yakima/Near Convention Center

Property: Howard Johnson Plaza Yakima/Near Convention Center
Address: 9 N 9th St, Yakima, WA 98901-2522
Region: United States > Washington > Yakima
Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Room Service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #21 of 24 Hotels in Yakima
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:3 star — Howard Johnson Plaza Yakima/Near Convention Center 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Priceline, Southall Travel, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Howard Johnson Plaza Yakima/Near Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Howard Johnson Plaza Yakima Hotel Yakima