“Enjoyable stay”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Yakima
Apple Country Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 7 Yakima B&B and Inns
Reviewed 18 August 2013

We booked this B & B on the phone with no problems after checking a few places out online about a week to 10 days before we left home. We were on our way to Bend, Oregon so only stayed for one night but if we had more time we would have stayed longer. We deliberately booked this place because it was a little out of the city of Yakima and so we thought it would be quieter. We booked the king room as it was on the second floor and it had a lovely view over the valley and the orchards in the area. The bed and pillows were comfy and the room was huge. We arrived early evening and Shirley gave us recommendations for a quick dinner in town and then we relaxed in our room watching the thunder and lightening storm. There was no traffic noise and we had a great night's sleep.
Coffee was delivered outside our room in the morning which was lovely and it was delicious. We then wandered outside until breakfast was served in the gazebo. It also was delicious. We picked a few peaches for the road.
All in all we would highly recommend this B & B for a quiet, peaceful, and comfortable stay with a good, tasty breakfast.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank visitor08Vancouver

Reviewed 12 July 2013 via mobile

Stopped for just one night passing through the area on our way to Idaho. It was great to be able to check in the late evening. Really enjoyed the ice tea @ check in - refreshing and tasty. We had a large room with a sitting area overlooking an orchard and territorial view which was very relaxing. Bed was comfortable and private bath most appreciated. Although we did not need it there is anther room in the same area of the house that would be great for a family traveling together - you would share the one bathroom ( we were told that room is only rented in conjunction with the room we had ).

Breakfast was good and plentiful.

The overall atmosphere was more like visiting your grandmother's house than going to a manor. Having said that I doubt my grandmother would have delivered morning coffee to my upstairs room so I could have fresh coffee when I woke up!

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank JZZJ
Reviewed 12 November 2012

This was my second stay at Apple Country B&B in Yakima. Though they have traditional rooms, for up to four people in each, I really like their "picker shack". They have converted a small building once used by apple pickers into a wonderful, cozy, antique-filled cottage. Apple Country's place sits right in their apple and pear groves a few miles east of downtown Yakima. I stayed three nights this time. The first two mornings I had time for one of their fabulous breakfasts. I had an early departure the last morning, so they delivered good hot coffee and continental breakfast to the door of my cottage. I know of no nicer place to stay when anywhere near Yakima.

Room Tip: Try to get the picker shack if you can, but all their rooms are nice.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Kerry S
Reviewed 27 September 2012

The proprietors, especially Shirley, are warm and pleasant hosts. The highlight of my stay was definitely the wonderful breakfast. I also enjoyed our conversations as well. The night I was there I was the only guest, so they graciously upgraded me to the comfortable cottage behind the main property and let me pick some apples from there working apple orchard to take home. I highly recommend this home away from home.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank rjr0810
Reviewed 21 August 2012

Once again we made our August trip to Yakima for peaches and stayed at the Apple Country B & B. This year we stayed in the main house having stayed in the cottage last time. Both accommodations were delightful. Even though it was a 97 degree day our room was cool and made for great sleeping. Breakfast was delicious as usual and Shirley sent us home with some peaches from the orchard. Thanks for making us feel at home.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sharon S
Reviewed 23 July 2012

Shirley & Mark are such great hosts. We've been to see them a couple of times over the years & it never disappoints. Located on the side of a hill overlooking the valley in a working apple orchard, it is just the most peaceful setting! The cottage in the middle of the orchard is where everybody wants to be, but we couldn't get in this last time, so we stayed in a small room in the main house. Although not as cozy as the orchard cottage, it was very comfy and plenty large, even tho they call it the small room. Breakfast is always yummy with fresh fruits and jams and Shirley's famous egg cups. Very affordable for the comfort it offers. We'll be back!

Room Tip: Orchard Cottage, if you can get it!
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank PtOrchardKev
Reviewed 28 August 2011

We stayed here overnight during our weekend escape to Yakima and it was lovely! After a long day of vineyard-hopping, it was a joy to come meet Shirley at the B&B. She was just coming back from the market, so we waited on the porch in the swinging chair gazing out at some very ripe looking apple, pear, and peach trees - until we decided to go pick some.

We stayed in the smallest room and it was just right. The bed takes up most of the bedroom and there was just a little crack to squeeze into the bathroom, but the miniature living room we had was perfect. Right outside our own private entrance was a little area to sit in the shade and look at the orchard. Shirley gave great recommendations for food and other other wineries to visit as well.

We slept like logs too. And right on our little mini-porch we hung out before bed and counted all the stars.

There were a couple of friendly dogs wandering about too and they loved being petted.

Breakfast was phenomenal! We ate in this adorable little gazeebo that's covered in vines and it was a great 3-course meal lovingly made all that morning. AND there was a big pitcher of coffee waiting just for us on the mini-patio when we woke up!

Definitely recommended to anyone looking for a place to stay on an adventure in the Yakima area.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple