“Always Nice”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Yakima
Ranked #9 of 24 Hotels in Yakima
Reviewed 17 December 2012

I've stayed at Fairfiel Inn half a dozen times while coming to town for business and pleasure. Conveniently located near restaurants and shopping and just of the freeway, this hotel is always clean and friendly.

The complimentary breakfast is not elegant but it is a nice way to get going in the morning- waffles, cereals, microwave sandwiches, fruit, etc is variety enough to satisfy most regular folks.

The staff is always friendly and the hotel is immaculate.

And always a bonus when I travel with family, it is pet friendly.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo

Reviewed 15 December 2012

Front end and breakfast staff were very friendly and helpful, room was clean and roomy (king suite) breakfast was ok, price seems a bit high $129 (apparently best rate for that night) for the slow season but Yakima seems to be pricy if you want a hotel that is clean or a bit above average and there is not alot of choices. Location is good overall, just what you would expect for a Fairfield Inn.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 October 2012 via mobile

Best bed in the hotel business. Greeted with smile..very friendly...had spare cell phone charger that I could borrow. breakfast was adequate. across from Target and biglots. Restaurant/bar in adjacent parking lot. Ask for room that on the backside, front faces I5....

• Stayed: October 2012
Kenneth C, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Yakima, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2012

Dear cipollavin,

We are so grateful to hear back from you and that you have enjoyed your stay with us! We are very glad that we were able to meet your expectations and provided you with an enjoyable stay. The entire staff appreciates you taking the time to give us your feedback and see that all their hard work did not go unnoticed. We hope to see you again if you are ever back in the area.

Reviewed 8 October 2012

I had a one night stay in the Yakima area, and there are not many choices around. The Fairfield Inn is one of the nicer experiences I have had in the area.

The lobby and rooms are the standard Fairfield experience. Nothing fancy, but functional. My room has a small fridge and microwave, which can be very hand on a longer business trip.

The fitness room as was, but had a bike, an elliptical and a treadmill. It was enough to get the job done.

I am usually not a fan of the Fairfield breakfast offerings,since it is usually a microwave sandwich, waffles or cereal. I noticed something new for the first time at this Fairfield- a microwave breakfast quesadilla with egg whites and turkey sausage. It was much healthier than the other usual microwave options, so I hope this is a fixture at all the Fairfields soon.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business

Dear InHouseCounsel,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review, as we love to hear from our guests. I am glad to hear we were able to meet your needs! We are always looking for ways to improve our service for our guests and make every stay a comfortable one.

We hope to have an opportunity to serve you again in the near future.

Reviewed 17 September 2012

I am a premium Marriott member, so I got upgraded to a "suite" which was a larger room with 2 TVs and a refrigerator. The room was well furnished, everything worked, actually had a window that opened up fully so you could get plenty of fresh air..the A/C worked well. I did not use the pool or hot tub or the workout room...but they all LOOKED good. The breakfast was slightly above average, they cooked their own oatmeal which I really appreciate....I dont like being forced to microwave the packages in a styrofoam bowl. The staff is very helpful, there was always a supply of newspapers available in the lobby. Across the parking lot is a nice casual restaurant called "Bobs burgers and brew"..I ate their 3 times...get the steak salad or the Guacamole burger...really good fries. THis location is kind of strange, but it works well. There is a shopping center across the street that has a target..and its literally less than a 5 minute drive to the Yakima Convention center...dont want to walk to the convention center though...kind of a strange neighborhood you have to go through.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business

Dear Texas_Phil,

We are very grateful for your encouraging comments. It is a great pleasure to hear that our staff was very friendly and helpful to you. We appreciate hearing from you and have let the entire staff know that their efforts have not gone unnoticed.

We hope to serve you again on your next visit to the Yakima area.

Reviewed 8 September 2012

I am a platinum premier member and I recently was a guest at the Fair Field Inn property in Yakima Washington.
I am in this property every 3 months and I was treated well while a guest at this property during this stay. The front desk staff was very professional and made me feel valued. I want to single out Becky she should be commended for her professionalism.
This property was well maintained and I feel it would be a great property to get upgraded and renovated. I do enjoy staying in the rooms which have a microwave and fridge.The beds for my taste are a bit too firm. Since I have to be in too early to try the breakfast I can’t provide a comment on that.
This property does have an indoor pool it’s a bit small thought.
The hotel is located in a plaza which has a bobs burger sand brew restaurant and in an area which is near a highway downtown and a target and a walmart. During my stay I met the manager and seemed to care about my experience at this property.
I hope these comments help you and I hope you have safe travels.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business

Dear Triangle_Traveler13,

We are really glad to hear that you had an enjoyable experience on your last visit and that we were able to meet your expectations.

We hope to see you again on your future visits.

Reviewed 1 September 2012

I was dissapointed with this property. Beds are low to the ground and if you are a big guy it makes you feel like you are sleeping on the floor. Very small towels too. Located in a tough area of town.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business

Dear Gubulldogfan,

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us your review! I apologize for the issues that you had experienced during your stay. Please know that we take every feedback very seriously and are doing everything we can to improve what we offer to our guests.

We hope to see you again on your next visit to Yakima.