After a few of the last reviews, we weren't sure what to expect when deciding to stay at the Fairfield in Yakima. We were pleasantly surprised at how comfortable our stay was. My husband, 2 teen boys and I stayed for 4 nights over Christmas.
Attention to detail:
First thing I noticed is that they are not using the old style typical bedspread that never gets laundered. Like many of the high end hotels, the Fairfield has gone to a bed sash at the bottom of the bed for decor so that you know your bedding is all fresh and clean.
Then onto the bathroom. Clean, clean, clean. The shower has GREAT water pressure! There is nothing like a nice strong shower to wake up to, and we all took a little longer in the shower each day. The bowed shower curtain again is another plus that we often don't see except in the high end hotels. We love these and the extra room they allow while showering. The shampoo and conditioner were in smart thin little containers, no sense of waste with these. Towels were limited to one for each of us, so we asked for extras and were accomodated with immediate response from housekeeping. We only asked once, and extra towels were supplied each day for the rest of our stay.
The room was ample. Two queen beds, a bedside upright chair, a desk and chair, dresser w/TV and a closet. For the 4 of us, we found it to be quite comfortable. It wasn't oversized, but we weren't in a suite either. Having recently stayed in NYC, we felt the room was plenty big for us.
Finally, we get to the rest of the hotel. The staff was very friendly and helpful each time we encountered them. From calls before our stay, to the check-in, to encounters at breakfast and needing change for the vending machines, we were met with a smile and customer service attitudes. The breakfast was much more than we have found at other hotels that boast a complimentary breakfast. There were, from left to right, waffle batter and maker; fruit; danishes; toast and bagels; oatmeal w/raisins, cranberries and brown sugar; hard boiled eggs; bacon or sausage w/egg and cheese biscuits; yogurt; milk, chocolate milk, several juices and coffee. No matter how tight our time was with family, we never skipped breakfast during our stay. There is also a nice seating area off the lobby that has a fireplace and TV; we used this area one night and felt like we were home in our own family room.
Overall we were quite pleased that our visit to Yakima was made more comfortable with our stay at the Fairfield. Yes, there are higher end hotels with more "luxury", but for us, the Fairfield hit all the right spots with the cleanliness, their friendly service, and making us feel at home. Next time we have the need to visit Yakima, we will definitely stay here again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mobile check-in is now live! We finished renovating the entire hotel in Nov. 2013. Located just west of exit 33A, on I-82, we are close to the convention center (27 seconds), wineries and the valley mall. "Get Air" (trampoline park)is right behind us! The Sundome is only 2 minutes away. Shopping and places to eat are within walking distance and we are located near downtown. Corporate/family travelers and teams have the advantage of getting to their destinations quickly and easily.Experience the difference while in Yakima! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Marriott, Expedia, Ebookers, Priceline, Booking.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Fairfield Inn & Suites Yakima reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairfield Inn And Suites Yakima
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Yakima Hotel Yakima
- Fairfield Inn Yakima
- Fairfield Yakima
- Fairfield Inn Hotel Yakima
- Yakima Fairfield Inn