“Yakima seems to have a lot of "old school" eats”
Review of Waffles Cafe

Waffles Cafe
Ranked #85 of 264 Restaurants in Yakima
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Waffles Café is another old school coffee shop. Thankfully they make little effort to be anything else. If that is the breakfast or even lunch experience you want then head on down. We were there with a number of families for a teen & pre-teen sports event and a number of families talked about this place.

I had the veggie crapes (? yes, I know I said old school coffee shop but hey) and they were very good. I had a taste of their waffles and bacon too. Just what you'd expect. The service too was very good with a waitress constantly coming by with coffee refills, just like they used to "back in the day."

Reviewed 7 July 2014

Easy on and off the freeway makes this the ideal place to eat when going through Yakima. Just get off on the North 1st Street exit from either direction and be prepared to be amazed. Breakfast is out of this world and for lunch...the hamburgers are to die for. I have yet to get a questionable meal here and we stop every time we are in Yakima for breakfast or lunch. We have not tried a dinner yet because we really like the Yakima Outback for that but I am sure that you would not be disappointed. The service is fast, friendly and efficient. Nothing you choose will be a mistake so check out the extensive menu and find out what all the fuss is about. Even when crowded they are very quick to get your order to you.

1  Thank JesseGriffin
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I have been to Waffles before and loved it. On Easter Sunday we went and had such a great experience. The server was delightful and the food exceptional. I had the Country Benedict and it now one of my favorites. One of the boys decided to have lunch and said it was the best BLT he has ever had - and that is saying something. I promise you won't be disappointed if you have breakfast here!

Reviewed 10 October 2013

So I had made a pilgrimage to my mothers home town of Toppinish and had spent the night in Yakima, well she was actually born in Spanaway but Toppinish is where she graduated from High School. I am heading out of town toward Seattle on the old highway and am hungry so I am looking for a place for breakfast, Waffles Cafe well that looks like an idea.

I pull in and there are people waiting outside for a table, that is a good sign. I find a seat at the short counter, maybe 5 stools next to a guy in full leathers with a motorcycle helmet, I make a crack about sitting next to a biker and he announces that he may ride a bike but he was never a biker and he may have driven trucks but he was never a trucker. We hit it off and have an excellent discussion through breakfast. I have a poached (or what was like a poached egg I did not quite understand what the waitress said) egg, toast and corned beef hash, all was very good.

The conversation was enjoyable and the non biker paid for my breakfast. He left before me and I left $15 with the waitress for his breakfast tomorrow morning (he is apparently a regular). Not often that you can run into a place as friendly and as good as this when you are on the road.

When you do you are obligated to honor it.

Reviewed 27 September 2013

We sure took the right exit. It led us to a breakfast that we all enjoyed. The menu was so large it was hard to make a choice. The portions were large and the cost was very reasonable. Would eat there often, if we lived in Yakima.

Been to Waffles Cafe? Share your experiences!