“Stay here, you'll be glad you did”

GuestHouse Inn Yakima
Ranked #13 of 24 Hotels in Yakima
Port Townsend, Washington
“Stay here, you'll be glad you did”
Reviewed 12 September 2013

I missed the turn to get back to this great motel (from E. Yakima Ave, turn north at Union St and right on A), but when I got back over the freeway and pulled in, I already felt relief. Nice, clean exterior, very helpful front desk staff ready to answer all questions. I jumped on the PC in the lobby, figured out a few places to go and staff gave me not only a Google map they printed when I told them where I wanted to go, but good directions with landmarks. The room was very clean, and large enough to spread out. The room was inexpensive and I'll bet better than anywhere else in town.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Brett N
rachael m, General Manager at GuestHouse Inn Yakima, responded to this review, 26 September 2013
Brett, Thank you for the great review we love guests that our happy with their stay. We hope to see you again!!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Orem, Utah
Reviewed 4 September 2013

This trip we were just looking for a budget priced motel and found it with this motel In Yakima.
It was a little difficult to find since it is not a big name chain. It would have helped if we had known it was right across the road from Holiday Inn Express and close to the Howard Johnson motel. Once we found it however we were pleasantly surprised. The desk staff were very helpful letting us know that because we forgot about the change to Pacific Mountain Time the evening cookies and milk for guests were still available. The beds were good and the TV had many more channels available than we expected. Before getting on the road in the morning we had the free breakfast which was considerably better than expected.

Room Tip: We have no additional information on room selection but recommend that bargain motel shoppers do not...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for staying with us we glad you enjoyed your stay!! I know it is a bit dificult to find. We do hope to have you back if you come through Yakima....
Salem, Oregon
Reviewed 23 August 2013

I thought this place was a great place.The staff was very friendly from the front desk to the maids. I searched around checking prices and the hotels next to the guesthouse inn and they where so high priced i checked 3 different places all in the same area and they were all over $100 I just couldn't believe it the one right across the street was $130 and you had to pay extra if you wanted breakfast. I was happy that I came across the guesthouse inn. The rooms are very clean the beds were comfy.The breakfast was free and they had cookies and milk at night free wifi and i will defiantly stay here again!

Room Tip: we stayed in the king above the office and it is a great room
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
rachael m, General Manager at GuestHouse Inn Yakima, responded to this review, 24 August 2013
Thank You very much for your review we do try and keep our rates low and give you all the bigger branded hotels give you but at a much lower price. We hope to see you again. We are glad you liked us!!!
Dryden, Washington
Reviewed 16 August 2013

I stay here every time I come to Yakima at least 3 times a year and I love this place the staff is very nice they always remember me and make me feel like family. The rooms are very clean and comfy. Good breakfast close to down town. Oh and evening cookies right out of the oven

• Stayed August 2013
Rebecca, We enjoy you and we always remember you because you are such a awesome guest!
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 10 August 2013

The Guesthouse Inn had Great customer service. very inviting staff. love the rooms clean and quiet.. The breakfast was good too. Very affordable!! will be back. Thank you I will def be back to stay here with you guys.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
rachael m, General Manager at GuestHouse Inn Yakima, responded to this review, 16 August 2013
Jessica, Thank you very much for your review. It makes us very happy when our guests enjoyed thier stay.We look forward to seeing you again!!!
Wenatchee, Washington
Reviewed 8 August 2013

I stayed here last night and the staff was friendly and helpful. They gave me detailed directions to the places i needed to go which was helpful. The rooms were very clean. Breakfast was good and the place was very reasonable!!

Room Tip: Stay here the price is right if you are on a budget clean comfortable and great staff
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
rachael m, General Manager at GuestHouse Inn Yakima, responded to this review, 15 August 2013
Jim Thank you for your review. I am very glad you enjoyed our motel and our front desk staff helped you with directions and questions. We hope to have you back soon!
Chehalis
Reviewed 4 August 2013

I'll start by saying that if you don't need a handicapped accessible room, the room we were in (#114) would've been fine. Clean, average sort of hotel room. I would've given it 3 or 4 stars. However #114 is one of their "handicapped accessible" rooms. It fails totally to meet the minimum standards for that. There is less than 2 feet of space between the ends of the beds and the other furniture. There is no way you would get a walker or wheelchair through the space. You can't even pull out the chair at the desk far enough to sit in it because there isn't enough space between it and the bed. There is no hand-held shower in the bathroom. The "closet" hanging area is right over the safe--so even though it's set lower for a handicapped person there isn't any place to hang things because the safe is underneath it. If you need a handicapped accessible room, look at the room and be sure these things have been corrected before renting.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
rachael m, Front Office Manager at GuestHouse Inn Yakima, responded to this review, 7 August 2013
I am sorry that you were told this was a handicap room but it was not our handicap room and I am sorry you thought it was. You told our front desk gal you had knee surgery so she put you in a room with the bars in the shower and around the toilet our handicap room was occupied by another guest and this was the first time this front desk clerk worked by herself.

Travellers are raving about these Yakima hotels