“Nice find for us workers . .”

GuestHouse Inn Yakima
Ranked #13 of 24 Hotels in Yakima
Tacoma, Washington
“Nice find for us workers . .”
Reviewed 30 September 2013

Found it on Priceline, but found out the weekly rate is below $40, so I'm planning on being back next year. Clean, basic spot for 10 days of work. Tip: book direct, stay upstairs, avoid their washer/dryer.

• Stayed September 2013
rachael m, General Manager at GuestHouse Inn Yakima, responded to this review, 19 October 2013
Thank you for your review you guys are great and we hope to have you back again!!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Oakland
Reviewed 21 September 2013

Stayed one night in room 100. I was running late that night and called ahead and stated when I would arrive. Upon arrival had to wait 4 minutes while staff was outside talking to her boyfriend. There was no one else in the lobby. I even went back outside to get her attention. She just looked at me and ignored me. I went back inside and loudly rang the bell. Then she came in and asked how she could help. Key cards (2) did not work in door. Back to lobby to ask for help. She told me that the cards do not always work and to try it again. I told her that I had tried both cards multiple times and did not see the benefit of trying again. She reprogrammed the cards and went with me to see if they would work. They did and she left. Curtain was off the track and could not be closed (I fixed it). Toilet had not been cleaned, dirty brown splatters in bowl. Smoke detector was hanging from ceiling by wires. Dry folded washcloth laying in the sink. It was late and I was tired so I let it go. When checking out I talked to the manager who apologized but took no note of the problems and did not seem to expect any changes. She said it was a problem to get good help. What a silly excuse for poor management practices. This is a community with very high unemployment. This was not the least expensive lodging in town but that room was quite possibly the worst. Hotel owners should look closely at these reviews and ask themselves why this can happen and if it is indeed what they desire.

The rest of the hotel services were as described in other reviews and I possibly just got the short straw this time, but it made me not want to stay there again.

Room Tip: When making the reservation, ask what the policy is for an unacceptable room.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Randy H

Travellers are raving about these Yakima hotels

Reviewed 18 September 2013 via mobile

I have to say that this place was great for the money. The staff was so upbeat and helpful. They have a decent breakfast bar and also milk and cookies from 5pm-7pm. The room was immaculate and very accommodating. Internet service was quite adequate. $72.10 for my 5-person family in one room (two Queens and a good hide-a-bed sofa) on a Saturday night!

• Stayed September 2013
rachael m, General Manager at GuestHouse Inn Yakima, responded to this review, 26 September 2013
Mister Simpson, Thank you for your review we enjoyed having you as our guests. We do keep our rates low for our guests that our on a budget...Hope to see you again.
Port Townsend, Washington
Reviewed 12 September 2013

I missed the turn to get back to this great motel (from E. Yakima Ave, turn north at Union St and right on A), but when I got back over the freeway and pulled in, I already felt relief. Nice, clean exterior, very helpful front desk staff ready to answer all questions. I jumped on the PC in the lobby, figured out a few places to go and staff gave me not only a Google map they printed when I told them where I wanted to go, but good directions with landmarks. The room was very clean, and large enough to spread out. The room was inexpensive and I'll bet better than anywhere else in town.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Brett N
Brett, Thank you for the great review we love guests that our happy with their stay. We hope to see you again!!
Orem, Utah
Reviewed 4 September 2013

This trip we were just looking for a budget priced motel and found it with this motel In Yakima.
It was a little difficult to find since it is not a big name chain. It would have helped if we had known it was right across the road from Holiday Inn Express and close to the Howard Johnson motel. Once we found it however we were pleasantly surprised. The desk staff were very helpful letting us know that because we forgot about the change to Pacific Mountain Time the evening cookies and milk for guests were still available. The beds were good and the TV had many more channels available than we expected. Before getting on the road in the morning we had the free breakfast which was considerably better than expected.

Room Tip: We have no additional information on room selection but recommend that bargain motel shoppers do not...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for staying with us we glad you enjoyed your stay!! I know it is a bit dificult to find. We do hope to have you back if you come through Yakima....
Salem, Oregon
Reviewed 23 August 2013

I thought this place was a great place.The staff was very friendly from the front desk to the maids. I searched around checking prices and the hotels next to the guesthouse inn and they where so high priced i checked 3 different places all in the same area and they were all over $100 I just couldn't believe it the one right across the street was $130 and you had to pay extra if you wanted breakfast. I was happy that I came across the guesthouse inn. The rooms are very clean the beds were comfy.The breakfast was free and they had cookies and milk at night free wifi and i will defiantly stay here again!

Room Tip: we stayed in the king above the office and it is a great room
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
rachael m, General Manager at GuestHouse Inn Yakima, responded to this review, 24 August 2013
Thank You very much for your review we do try and keep our rates low and give you all the bigger branded hotels give you but at a much lower price. We hope to see you again. We are glad you liked us!!!
Dryden, Washington
Reviewed 16 August 2013

I stay here every time I come to Yakima at least 3 times a year and I love this place the staff is very nice they always remember me and make me feel like family. The rooms are very clean and comfy. Good breakfast close to down town. Oh and evening cookies right out of the oven

• Stayed August 2013
Rebecca, We enjoy you and we always remember you because you are such a awesome guest!