“Good value”

Ranked #13 of 24 Hotels in Yakima
Perth, Australia
“Good value”
Reviewed 26 August 2014

The room was huge and I liked the way the basin was outside of the toilet/bathroom. This allows a partner to brush teeth and stuff while someone is in the bathroom. Breakfast was adequate with eggs included. Staff were friendly. The place was clean and included a couch. So it was a relaxing place to stay for 3 days.

Room Tip: The wifi was dodgy at the furthest rooms from the office.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Willliams Lake BC
Reviewed 16 August 2014

Got in late, not a problem. Room was clean, if small. Beds were firm, bathroom was good. Fridge worked well, no loud noises. No road noise even though we were near the highway. We had a dog with us, not near a dog park, but the Kiwanis Park was nearby. Breakfast was cereal, english muffins, doughnuts, bagles, waffles and the option of making a breakfast sandwich with chopped ham, shreaded cheese and and egg patty. Desk personnel were very nice and accommodating. All in all a nice experience.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Subaru_Road_Trip2014
El Monte, California
Reviewed 10 August 2014

The second time I stayed at this hotel, I had to change my room twice because the first one smelled strongly of smoke and the second one of marihuana. So much for a smoke-free hotel. The night clerk was rude, he told me I should have my nose checked. I'm sorry he doesn't have a problem with the horrible smell, but I do. My family does, and this hotel won't be an option for us anymore.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Mel R

Travellers are raving about these Yakima hotels

kALEDEN bc
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Travelling by motorcycle we found this place by chance and we were very happy.. clean rooms, great staff,everything you could need in the rooms.. Free breakfast and cookies and milk in the late afternoon,, nice and thoughtful touch,, beds were great and lots of pillows for all..close to the mall and target store

2 Thank Jan L
Northern California
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I had a hard time finding this hotel. My GPS could not find it. I called the hotel and the very pleasant staff member gave me directions. The room was reserved through Expedia and was a fair price. However, the hotel & furnishing were very tired and stains were obvious. Disappointingly there was no in room coffee but it was available in the lobby at 6:30 AM. In the future I will find a different hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 22 July 2014

This motel is easy on and off of highway 82. It was a well furnished room with a couch where I could sit and watch TV and a coffee table for my laptop. No good plug for it, so I had to choose between the clock radio and the bedside lamp. I especially like the sink outside the bathroom with lots of counter space.There is a refrigerator and a microwave. They have a good breakfast, but if you are gluten free, I suspect the egg patties may have flour in them. Something affected me both days I had the eggs, so on the third morning I had my own gluten free cereal with me. The staff is friendly and helpful. If I must complain about something it would be the TV remote. It only changes channels. It doesn't power on or off or change the volume and there is no sleep timer. And I hate the sink faucet. It is one of those big ugly balls that are very hard to adjust and impossible if your hands are soapy.

Al Ain, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 13 July 2014

I was pleasantly surprised at this hotel. I had never been to Yakima before and was not sure of the lay of the land, so to speak. We decided on this hotel based on the price, which was very affordable. We had a double room and each bed had 4 pillows, which I loved. The room itself was a nice size and very, very clean. There was a TV, with cable, a dorm sized fridge and even a microwave. The bathroom was also very clean and had plenty of towels. The room has an AC that you can easy control so you either do not sweat or freeze at night. The best part was that the room was quiet at night! The hotel offers a free breakfast and it has a good selection including cereals, yogurts, and even a do it yourself waffle maker. In the evenings they have milk and cookies in the lobby and when we got there the cookies were still warm from the oven! The hotel in behind the Target, Big Lots, Dollar Tree, and Pizza Hut and you can walk quickly there (3 minute walk). The area also has a nail salon and a liquor store, too. You can walk to the Yakima Visitor's center, which is across the street from the Target. This hotel was a prime location for us as we were in Yakima for the Wineries Express day tour and they meet at the Visitor's Center or can pick you up at your hotel (we got dropped off). If I find myself back in Yakima, I would stay at this hotel again and I would also recommend it. I found the staff very helpful and they even looked up the timing and location for the Yakima Folklife Festival and then gave us very good directions.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
rachael m, General Manager at GuestHouse Inn Yakima, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
I am so happy you enjoyed your stay. I hope you had fun on your wine tour bus i didnt see you to hear how it was. We love having nice guests like you two it makes my job worth coming to work. We hope you come back again and Thank You for the review......