“Well run hotel in prime downtown location”

Ranked #3 of 24 Hotels in Yakima
Ellicott City
“Well run hotel in prime downtown location”
Reviewed 23 August 2012

I would gladly stay here again. Prime downtown location two blocks from 2nd Street, the liveliest street in downtown Yakima. Free parking in both the underground garage and the small open-air lot on the side of the hotel. Hotel is less than ten years old and feels nearly new; everything worked in room and maintenance standards are high. Entire first floor is restaurant, gym, pool and other amenities. Second floor is meeting rooms. Sleeping rooms are on floors 3, 4, and 5.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
lisa_vallejo, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Yakima, responded to this review, 15 January 2013
Thank you so much for your wonderful review of our property. I am happy to hear that you had a great time while staying in Yakima and that you were able to have the opportunity to enjoy the beautiful downtown area. I appreciate you sharing your experience and hope to have you back again when visiting Yakima.

Lisa Vallejo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
  • Korean first
Danville, California
Reviewed 13 August 2012

I was here as part of a group and we got in early so our rooms were not ready. The check-in could have been better but the poor woman at the front desk was overwhelmed since the hotel was sold out. But I am not sure why I got a handicap room and she would not switch it for me. My shower really sucks and I would have loved to experiment the new beds. When it's my choice, I will stick to Starwood because I am a Gold member and they are more flexible.

The room itself is big and I have 2 beds. I think in the rush to check us in, I found half used bottles in the bathroom but everything else was okay. The location is great.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
lisa_vallejo, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Yakima, responded to this review, 16 August 2012
I appreciate your candid review of your recent stay at our property. I apologize for the room assignment not meeting your expectations as comfort and safety are my highest priorities for our guests. In this sold out situation, handicap accessible rooms were assigned for overflow guests, I’m very sorry if the room modifications disrupted the comfort of your stay. I invite you to stay with us the next time your travels bring you to the area so that we may show you the best our property has to offer.

Monmouth, Oregon
Reviewed 3 August 2012

I was impressed by this hotel. It is right downtown in the heart of the city. It is either newly remodeled or a new hotel. The parking is free. The restaurant and bar was good. Breakfast was only average (sausages weren't very good) but I was impressed with the dinner (crusted halibut was awesome). The gym was decent, they had new cardio equipment and a new weight machine (no free weights). Families will really like the indoor pool and hot tub. There was also free wifi and cookies.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the 5th floor for best views.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank nomadic4fun
lisa_vallejo, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Yakima, responded to this review, 17 October 2012
Thank you so much for your kind words regarding your stay with us while visiting Yakima! I completely agree with your experience in reference to our Pecan Encrusted Halibut - it is my favorite!! I have shared your comments regarding the sausage with our Director of Food & Beverage and can assure a much better experience during future visits! I am happy to hear that all other aspects of your stay were "Great" and hope that we will get the opportunity to have you and your family back to visit again soon!

Warm Regards,

Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 29 July 2012

Stayed at the hotel for two nights while touring wineries in the Yakima Valley. Front desk staff were efficient and helpful. Room was large and well maintained. Breakfast was very good with a chef cooking made to order eggs. Would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
lisa_vallejo, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Yakima, responded to this review, 21 September 2012
What a great review of the Hilton Garden Inn Yakima! We sincerely appreciate your positive feedback about your experience and for taking the time to share with everyone. Our location is perfect with being in the heart of downtown Yakima and the wineries are definitely worth coming to visit. We have many tasting rooms within walking distance so come back again and see what new wine's the vineyards are bringing in!

We look forward to having you back again soon!

Shelton, Washington
Reviewed 10 July 2012

My husband took part in a Civil War Reenactment in Yakima on June 16th. He sleeps in a tent with no floor and that is not really my style. I had a good friend join me at the hotel. We found the accommodations to be very nice and also safe. The location was perfect. We had dinner at the Olive Garden which was within walking distance. I would recommend this hotel and will plan on staying again if he decides to take part again next year.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
lisa_vallejo, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Yakima, responded to this review, 23 July 2012
Thank you so much for sharing your great experience on Trip Advisor. I am happy to hear that your husband was able to participate in the Civil War Reenactment here in Yakima and am sure that it was an exciting experience. I agree that sleeping in a comfortable hotel is a great preference for you and we are excited to hear that you will be back again to visit during your next adventure to Yakima. We sincerely appreciate you sharing your experience and hope to have you back again soon.

Warm Regards,

Tampa
Reviewed 9 July 2012

I am a frequent traveler with HiltonHonor rewards and walked in to the Yakima, Washington Hilton Garden Inn to check availability and book a room for a night after returning from an Alaska cruise out of Seattle. I was treated less than politely, in fact what I would deem discriminatory. One front desk clerk was relatively polite and started to answer my questions, and the other one butted in and said "we don't do walk ins". I said more or less, that's funny because when I'm vacationing, especially sightseeing and camping without a set agenda, I don't know exactly where I'll end up from one night to the next, so I generally check on availability once I arrive at my stopping point for the night. Even after suggesting they check my rewards status, the story suddenly changed to "we're completely full" which I know not to be true because the parking lot was virtually empty, then I called the toll free reservations line to find plenty of availability. I am pissed at being treated so shabbily, so I will never stay at a Hilton again, ever!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jennifer C
I am very sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality of services you deserve. This is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. I have tried to contact you offline to discuss this incident but have not been successful in getting a response. Please feel free to contact me by calling the hotel at 509-454-1111and asking to be transferred to extension 121. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will consider staying with us during your next visit to Yakima.