“Good bed, shopworn furnishings”

Hilton Garden Inn Yakima
Ranked #4 of 24 Hotels in Yakima
Reviewed 16 March 2013

Furniture and carpets show lots of wear making the room feel less than luxurious which I think is their goal. The wireless didn't operate in our 5 th floor room. They offered us a cable but that doesn't help with iPads and phones. Yes, they agreed to move us but, come on Hilton, how hard is it to get wifi to work in every room? Can't comment on value because my husband made the reservation. Staff was nice and while I've had rock hard pillows at other Hiltons ( like another reviewer), this time they were fine.

Breakfast was exactly like other Hilton properties. Omelets, variety of meats, potatoes and bakery items. Lots of fresh fruit...yum. Pool was clean but not worth trying to swim laps in...a square shape and short.

Room Tip: If you need wifi, make sure it works in the room you are given when you check in.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 509traveler
lisa_vallejo, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Yakima, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Hilton Garden Inn when visiting Yakima. I apologize that you were having issues with the internet connection during your stay. It does seem to be a problem with iPads and I have discussed this with our provider. They are currently investigating solutions. I am happy to say that we are currently in the process of making changes which will improve our internet services within the next few months. We do understand how internet is a vital factor in daily traveling and can assure you that we are working diligently on making these improvements.
It is great news that you were able to enjoy our wonderful breakfast while you were visiting and that you were satisfied with our pillows.

We hope to have you back again soon! Thank you again for taking the time to review your stay.

Reviewed 15 February 2013

The Hilton Garden Inn in Yakima, WA has been my first choice to stay when business takes me to Yakima. But when I'm relaxing in a hotel room, I like to view the "Golf Channel". The HGI of Yakima has chosen not to include the GC in their in-room television channels. I've spoken to the hotel management about this previously, so it's not like they have never heard about this.
The hotel is clean and comfortable. The on-site restaurant serves great meals. If you don't mind one missing television channel, the Hilton Garden Inn of Yakima is excellent.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank tghiemstra

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Hilton Garden Inn Yakima. I also appreciate you allowing me to follow up with you after your stay and explain our situation. In our current contract we do not carry the Golf Channel but have noted this request when negotiating with our new provider coming in a few months. We do have many requests for a variety of channels and do our best to accommodate as best we can. I appreciate your patience and understanding and am happy to hear that you enjoy our hotel and will be back! I appreciate your kind words.

Have a pleasant evening and safe travels!

Reviewed 10 February 2013

This hotel has a great location - within easy walking distance of many cute restaurants as well as shops. The staff is overly friendly and helpful. I ended up just getting dinner from the restaurant onsite (salmon) because I was too tired to go out and was very pleased. I would easily stay here if ever in Yakima again.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for your wonderful comments. Our staff is always trying to provide all of our guests with excellent service ~ it is great to hear that we accomplished our goal.
It is so nice that you tried our restaurant as it is a hidden treasure in Yakima. Our Chef fillets our fresh fish and steaks to ensure the best experience for our guests. He creates his menu with only the freshest products so I am happy to hear that you enjoyed it.

I do hope that you will be back again to visit and appreciate you taking the time to share your experience.

Reviewed 6 February 2013

I like to stay at the Marriott normally, but there is not one in Yakima so I booked with the Hilton worst night of sleep, beds/pillows are hard as a rock. My husband and I both woke up with back and neck aches. Although the room is clean the furnishings are dated and for the price it is not worth the extra money you pay for the name.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Jodi L
lisa_vallejo, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Yakima, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2013

Jodi,

Thank you for sharing feedback on your recent stay wit us via TripAdvisor. We are sorry to hear you were not comfortable in our bedding as we know how important a good night's rest is while traveling. We will keep your comments in mind as we constantly look for ways to improve our guests' satisfaction and we hope you will give us another chance to show you the quality comfort and accommodations you deserve should you return to our area in the future. I also want to let you know that in all of our guest rooms we provide both feather and synthetic pillows so please feel free to request additional pillows of your preference and we would be happy to deliver.

Reviewed 31 January 2013

Everything you expect from a great hotel, Hilton is always a good choice no matter where you go.
I have enjoyed every visit. The staff and management go above and beyond to be helpful and friendly. Location is great. I would recommend this hotel tho anyone.
I travel a lot and if Hilton is not available it's either Staybridge or Coastal.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience on Trip Advisor. It is great to hear that the staff was friendly and went "above and beyond". We appreciate your continued dedication to our Hilton family and pride ourselves on providing a consistent level of warmth and hospitality to all of our guests. We look forward to your next visit to Yakima!

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 24 January 2013

Comfortable hotel and all of the staff have a pleasant disposition. The breakfast is great and not the cardboard shrink-wrapped stuff you get other places. I'm always pleased when the staff have a smiling face and sincere conversation with me too. All that counts when you're on the road!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
lisa_vallejo, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Yakima, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2013

I sincerely appreciate your comments regarding your stay and our staff. I will never stop saying that our staff is one of our greatest assets. Over 50% of our staff has been with us since we opened in 2006. They are truly dedicated and enjoy what they do and I believe it shows. I look forward to sharing your comments with them. Thank you for sharing your experience while staying with us. It truly means a lot!

Reviewed 23 January 2013 via mobile

Stayed at the Yakima HGI late January, 2013.
Great to have underground parking, (no ice scraping).
Great breakfast buffet-try the awesome bacon
Good room, and very good bed.
Only down side is wall mounted heat/cooling unit that was loud as it cycled on and off during the night.

• Stayed: January 2013

I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience while staying with us in Yakima. I am thrilled that you chose to stay at the Hilton Garden Inn when visiting the area. It is great to hear that you had the opportunity to enjoy our breakfast and complimentary underground parking. I have to agree that those are very important features when traveling. I do apologize that the heating/cooling system caused an inconvenience for you. The system does turn on to circulate the air to eliminate any condensation settling which keeps the air fresh for all of our guests. During future visits please don't hesitate to contact the front desk and we would be happy to have maintenance shut the system off for you during the evening. We understand that the noise could be disruptive to your sleep. I truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience as it is very valuable for us to receive feedback.
Come back again soon! I will make sure that the Chef saves you some of that good bacon:)