“Visiting for a local festival”

Hilton Garden Inn Yakima
Ranked #4 of 24 Hotels in Yakima
Reviewed 10 October 2013

We were on a short stay in Yakima and saw online that this hotel was near the site of the event. All experiences, from an initial phone call to arrival and check-out were very positive and friendly/helpful. Room was clean and spacious, wifi worked well and garage access was easy for in/out with car-no valet or difficult parking circumstances. Would def. stay here again if back in Yakima. (If looking online through a travel site and see this hotel is not available, call in person-they were able to help me.)

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
lisa_vallejo, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Yakima, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2013

Thank you so much for sharing such great travel tips for other travelers coming to visit our hotel. It is so great to hear that you had a wonderful experience from start to finish. We strive to provide our guest with a memorable experience when visiting so that they look forward to coming back to visit. We hope that you will come back and enjoy our beautiful city again. Thank you for sharing your experience and come back again soon!

Reviewed 8 October 2013

made-to-order breakfast eggs are always a hit. quiet rooms, comfortable beds, but a slow Internet connection. Was on help desk call for 20 minutes as they figured out a WiFi/Router channel configuration problem in the room zone of coverage (yeah - that was a bit geeky, but all true...). The good news is that they were able to make some settings changes remotely that brought the WiFi connection up... The bad news is that it ate up about 35 minutes of time between me trying different options on my devices first, calling the front desk, sending up a maintenance guy who really couldn't fix the issue...

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

I sincerely appreciate you sharing your experience while visiting the Hilton Garden Inn Yakima and apologize for your unsatisfactory internet connection experience. I am very happy to say that we should be just a couple of weeks away from complete installation of a new and improved WIFI system and service provider. We have added many new access points to ensure that we have strong connection throughout the hotel. We are currently at the mercy of our service providers but are anticipating completion soon. I am so sorry to hear that it was such a long process to get it repaired but am happy that there was a final solution. I am thrilled that you enjoyed all other aspects of your stay and hope to have you back again soon. Thank you again for sharing your experience.

Reviewed 7 October 2013

Made a trip to Yakima for business and had 2 days to spend in wine country. Hotel staff supplied directions to some of the best wines we have ever had met a lot of growers who went out of their way to help you and make you feel at home.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to share your experience. It is so great to hear that you were able to come visit Yakima and enjoy some of the local attractions and wineries while visiting. There are some great companies that offer nice Limousin tours if you prefer to bring some friends during your next visit. We hope to have you back again to enjoy our beautiful city!

Reviewed 3 October 2013

Seriously, my stays @ this property exceeded 100 nights within a consecutive 5 month time frame in 2013!

I am a die hard loyal Hilton patron and strive to stay in a Hilton property above all others if available. However, due to being a road warrior and spending very few nights @ home, if a property does not meet my expectations, Hilton property or not, I will not spend my time or money there.

This property exceeded my expectations. I was impressed day one with the cleanliness of the property from the lobby to the restaurant to the hallways to the rooms. Often one finds the rooms cleaned regularly but not the common areas. In this property it is all consistently cleaned and inspected.

It is easy to see that the team members are expected to perform well and with the customer in mind. And they do so very sincerely and happily.

I credit the overall success of the hotel to the owner and his management team. The owner is a hands-on owner, often on site several times a day. Lisa, the General Manager and Trina, one of her Asst Mgrs, are spot on regarding all aspects of customer service. All other employees follow suit each and every day.

I would highly recommend this hotel and staff for any stay, business or personal, for a traveler that has plans for coming to the beautiful WA wine country. I rate this hotel many levels above any other hotel in the Tri-City area of WA.

If I could make one small improvement it would be to try to clone the full time chef. He is there majority of days serving up custom made to order breakfast for the guests. There is a difference in breakfast when he is off for the day. The general buffet and service remains great when he is out but the custom food prep is never the same quality as he provides. This is the only hotel where I have ever directly tipped the chef for a custom made breakfast but the fabulous huevos rancheros was so worth that tip!

Please be sure to tell Lisa, Trina and Joe "hi" for me when you visit as I will miss them until such a time that my travels take me that direction once again.

J Lee

Room Tip: I prefer top floor in the back. More secluded and quiet.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business

Your wonderful review truly brought tears to my eyes. It was such a pleasure getting to know you during your stays with us in Yakima and we are all so sad that you were relocated to another state. I read your review to our team and you could tell that it touched everyone's hearts. We all cheered and clapped for Enrique when you noted that he should be "cloned" because we agree and wish that we could clone him too:) I agree that we have a wonderful team and appreciate you recognizing them. I firmly feel that each team member is so very valuable and not one of us could do it without the other. It is so important that each team member knows their value and because of wonderful people like you, they have been recognized!

I appreciate the additional tips for other travelers and have to agree that the juevos rancheros is the best! We will all watch for your name to come across our arrivals screen in anticipation that you will be back to visit us again soon!

I have told the "coffee boys" and Joe all Hi for you and our lovely Trina as well. We look forward to seeing you again soon... so it isn't a "good bye" but an "until next time". Thank you again for your wonderful and kind words...you are truly missed.

Warmest Regards,

Reviewed 3 October 2013

We annually attend a function in the Yakima area. Every year we always return to the Hilton Garden. There are several choices in the area but for the comfort, value and great dining we always come back.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for continuing to be a loyal guest when visiting Yakima! We appreciate your dedication and look forward to having you back again soon! Thank you for sharing your experience with others! We sincerely appreciate your kind comments!

Reviewed 29 September 2013

Had a nice weekend stay. There are several new hotels in town, but we enjoyed our stay at the Hilton Garden Inn. Good beer at the bar. Kind of crowded for breakfast but the hotel was full so to be expected.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

I am so happy to hear that you had a great time while staying with us. Our owner would appreciate your kind comments regarding the beer as he is a Hop farmer:) We hope to have you back for another fun weekend here in Yakima. Thank you for your great review!

Reviewed 26 September 2013

Stayed here one night in September 2013. The room was sufficient in size, the bathroom was tiny. The bathroom door opens out and blocks all access to closet & main door to the room when open. The window curtains are mediocre for blocking outside light. Bed was hard as a rock, I noticed however they do offer rooms with adjustable firmness mattresses...next time. I followed a tip from another patron to bring your own pillow, so I did not try theirs.

Our room was on the second floor on the Yakima Ave side. Not a lot of traffic noise generally, but a few cars stopped at the nearby stoplight blasting 1,000 watt stereos with extra bass amplification, shakes your innards. Great bakery around the corner, Essentia, excellent cappuccino and baked goods for the road!

Breakfast was very good, but overly crowded on that Sunday morning when several parties were forced to take breakfast to their rooms. The waitstaff was attentive and pleasant. $12 per person buffet style with a chef for egg specialties. I had the very good french toast with all sorts of fruit toppings and rediwhip available. Also steel cut oatmeal with all sorts of toppings. Halfway decent coffee too!

Parking was not a problem, we got in late and scored the last spot in the above ground lot. There is an underground lot that we did not utilize.

Spacious lobby, lemon water & cookies provided on arrival, coffee and hot chocolate in the AM.

Room Tip: A room away from Yakima Ave might be more quiet.
2  Thank hackney1

I appreciate your time in reviewing your experience while staying with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Yakima. I am so sorry to hear that the bed was not comfortable for you during your visit. Our garden sleep system beds are equipped in all of our king rooms which may be more comfortable for you during your next visit. These beds consist of air baffles so that you are able to adjust the knob on each side of the bed to your comfort level. Also, in regards to the pillows, we have feather and synthetic pillows in all rooms so that you have a choice. They are actually quite comfortable and we can bring additional pillows if needed.
I am so happy to hear that all other aspects of your stay were satisfactory. I do appreciate your valuable feedback and hope to have you stay with us again soon!