“The reviews are correct....Breakfast rocks!”

Backwoods Country Fare Cafe
Ranked #23 of 253 Restaurants in Yakima
Cuisines: American
Lenore, Idaho
“The reviews are correct....Breakfast rocks!”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Found this place on Yelp! while visiting Yakima last week. Their breakfast menu is vast and varied...authentic Mexican breakfasts...the refried beans were out of this world---had something a little crunchy in them, but couldn't tell what. Would highly recommend. Dora, the owner, is great...and the wait-staff, highly efficient!

• Visited August 2013

Yakima, Washington
“Yakima's Best Kept Secret”
Reviewed 28 July 2013

This place is simply amazing. Me and my family tracked down this place for brunch after seeing a picture of their logger burger a friend of mine posted. I was impressed as soon as I walked in the door. Lovely country atmosphere and servers were super friendly. First of all you need about 10 minutes to decide what you want because EVERYTHING on the menu sounds so good to order and it is very difficult to decide on just one thing. Drinks never went unfilled and someone was always checking on us. We finally ordered the Logger Burger, Ranchero Omelette, and the Monte Cristo and each dish was unbelievable. It was great having the owner Dora take our order, suggest menu options, and even socialize with us so we felt welcomed. The Logger Burger is hands down the BEST BURGER me and my sister ever had. The Ranchero Omelettes enchilada sauce brought a smile to my dads face and the fried jalapeno was a great touch. My little brother loved his Monte Cristo and my mom couldn't believe how big the portion sizes were. The food was delicious, portion size superb, and can't beat good food at those prices, well worth the wait. We were already planning what we were going to have the next time we come which I know will be very soon. P.S the beaver jalapeno mustard is yummy to put on the burger and fries!

• Visited July 2013
Yakima
“THE place for breakfast in Yakima.”
Reviewed 29 June 2013

Consistent homemade breakfasts, beats anything else available in Yakima. Everything is freshly made and hot from the kitchen, Service is pleasant and accurate even in busy times. I've eaten at all the breakfast places in Yakima and this is the one I return to. Simple seating, homey décor but the quality of the food is what's important. Don't let anyone kid you. This beats any franchise breakfast. Prices are reasonable considering that the chef who is cooking your breakfast knows what he (or she) is doing.

• Visited June 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Unfortunate choice...”
Reviewed 12 May 2013

This place is like a very average Denny's with poor service, especially on Mothers Day...
The back country French toast was Disappointing, hard and not all that tasty.
The only saving grace was the bacon...

• Visited May 2013
Putnam, Connecticut
“Very good breakfast in an unassuming location”
Reviewed 21 August 2012

This is a family-run place located in a strip mall that has seen better days, but the interior was furnished nicely and they served us a really good breakfast. Service was a little slow, but we arrived at the tail end of a morning rush, so it was understandable. We loved the food and the prices were decent.

• Visited August 2012