“Great Food!”

Ranked #10 of 261 Restaurants in Yakima
Price range: US$10 - US$50
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Carousel Restaurant adds elegance and ambiance to Yakima. Providing traditional French Cuisine and Bistro options, pairings and fine dining. We offer catering and special events as well. Reservations preferred for dining room and event availability.
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Wonderful food - my husband especially enjoyed the onion soup, and live music in the bar after dinner.

2  Thank jtowner

Reviewed 20 September 2013

We intended to dine next door at La Melange, which we have often driven four hours (from Seattle) for special dinners. Unfortunately, our choice was closed -- booked up for a Kiwanis dinner -- so we tried Carousel. Interesting decor...part of the old Yakima opera house apparently. The wall painting reminded us of the cave drawings in France. Little else did. The music was '60s North American and the staff were all non-French. My wife had the duck...it was really render and tasty, but not quite as good as that at La Melange. I had coq au' vin. Very ordinary...brown gravy had no taste of wine and could have been prepared to top a cut of beef or veal. My wife's wine, an Oregon red, was exceptional and was the result of the server's recommendation. I had the house white. Unfortunately it tasted just like what it evidently was: the dregs of several bottles of white wine mixed together. Truly unpleasant. Service was polite but fashionable slow (that at least reminded us of France). Over-all, it certainly wasn't a horrible evening by any means...but unlike Melange, we will not be driving four hours to eat there again. If we are in Yakima (a really nice city, by the way) we likely will eat here again...as a second choice. I will be having the duck.

2  Thank CdnSteve
Reviewed 31 August 2013

The Carousel really has the feel of a small French bistro - dimly lit, cozy, intimate - we went in summer, but it would be a perfect winter outing. Start with bread, warm & toasty - best thing we had. Crab cakes were so-so, mushy, with no evidence of crab. The coq au vin was also so-so - chicken was tender, but the sauce missed the robust flavor mark. Shrimp and pasta - average.

Reviewed 25 August 2013 via mobile

We enjoyed our outing at the carousel last night. The starters were good especially the French onion soup though the description in the menu was confusing. My steak was excellent and cooked perfectly to my temperature. It was as good as any steak I've ordered at a steakhouse. The veggies were nicely presented and not over cooked. I'd definitely go again for a special occasion.

Reviewed 27 July 2013

So its a little place with a big heart. It is trying to bring some correctly made thoughtful food to a city that needs it.

1  Thank Coug8491

Been to Carousel French Cuisine? Share your experiences!