“A little tired”

Best Western Plus Vintage Valley Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Zillah
Reviewed 19 August 2013 via mobile

The good: The staff was efficient and quick. The bad: The room had the odor of age, cleaner, and pet visits. The beds squeak (the couple next door emphasized that problem). The furnishings are probably the original issue when the motel was built. Bath room very small. This motel is begging for an update.

• Stayed: August 2013

Reviewed 8 July 2013

Stayed here two nights. Didn't expect much because of the hotel brand. It was very nice. Large room with king bed. Room in very good condition except that bathroom showed a little age with soiled moldings, etc. Flat screen tv. There is a main lobby entrance and another at the end of the building so access to the rooms is on the interior. Generally very quiet. No road noise. Heard a barking dog one morning in the adjoining room, but only that one time. Staff very professional.

Breakfast good. Standard fare at motels these days with make-your-own waffles, hard boiled eggs, scrambled eggs, sausage, cold cereal, etc. All was plentiful when I went.

Here is my one complaint. I asked for a non-smoking room. When I checked in, I went to the room and smelled cigarette smoke in the room. Went back to the front desk and asked for new room. Was immediately given another. That room was fine.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Skytrekker
Reviewed 6 July 2013

Staff were amazing. We booked adjoining rooms and they accidentally gave one away before we checked in. The assistant manager had a house keeper come and make up two rooms for us. They went out of their way to make our stay great. The breakfast buffet is awesome too! This hotel is about 10 minutes from Yakima and there are many things to do around the area.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank ar97426
Reviewed 28 June 2013

We have a fleet of 4 hauling trucks. Our drivers stay at this hotel because they get great, friendly service and the rooms are clean and quiet. Rates are affordable and there is room for the trucks and trailers to pull in and out with access to the freeway. This our company's "go to" hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Ruth G
Reviewed 26 June 2013

Staff was wonderful! The hotel itself was quite neat. Nice breakfast selection, and they served snacks! They had everything I could possibly want!!!!! Reasonable rates worth every penny. Will stay there every time I come west.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Heather E
Reviewed 24 June 2013

I had the "spa suite". $139/night. Big room with a in-room deep tub jacuzzi. Bed was in need of replacement as it sagged quite a bit. Did not sleep well at all. HVAC worked great. Shower head did not have good spray and not easily adjusted. Bugs in the bathroom when I went in first thing in the morning. In the towels and on the counter. Yuck. Pool area was nice and clean. The breakfast was very much above average and well prepared. Lots of choices to eat. I would stay here again given the location. Staff was very nice and friendly.

Room Tip: Get a bottom floor room at the far end. Quieter and easily accessed.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank MitchellSeattle
Sandra F, General Manager at Best Western Plus Vintage Valley Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2013

Thank you for your review about us. We appreciate the kind words about our staff. We do try to make our guests feel welcome. Thank you for bringing the other issues to our attention. There are always areas in which we can improve, and we use every opportunity for training our staff. Thanks again and the next time you visit the area we would like to show you how your comments were used to improve your stay.

Reviewed 29 May 2013

I was on the road by myself and came down with stomach flu. Head ache, vomiting, body aches, and diarrhea so bad I probably qualify for a colonoscopy this morning. The staff at the Zillah, WA Comfort Inn hotel were willing to put me into a room early but at the very highest rate. Okay, I understand that. Unfortunately the room was on the second floor and there is no elevator. NO elevator! Sleeping and watching TV was the only thing I wanted to do. They list 70 channels unfortunately 46 channels were unwatchable, including ABC, NBC, CBS, FOX, ESPN, ESPN2, and several of the other major channels. In fact there was only 2 semi interesting channels. Mostly shopping channel and stuff like that. Then to make matters worse the next day's Choice Hotel (Roadway Inn in Stevenson, WA) wouldn't cancel my reservation for today.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Zillah
3 mi away
#10 of 24 in Yakima
Oxford Inn Yakima
Oxford Inn Yakima
#3 of 24 in Yakima

Been to Best Western Plus Vintage Valley Inn? Share your experiences!