“Great full service hotel in southwest WV”

Holiday Inn Barboursville
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Barboursville
Montgomery, New York
“Great full service hotel in southwest WV”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

Pretty setting on a hill, large fish tank in the lobby a nice touch. Rooms spotless. Huge indoor pool!!! Decent exercise room. Cozy, welcoming bar.Good breakfast buffet. Pick up one of those motel discount papers at a rest stop for a super discount.

• Stayed June 2014
marcy k, General Manager at Holiday Inn Barboursville, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Thank you for your review. We appreciate your business!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Winston Salem, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

I had not been to Huntington in a couple of years and was so glad to find this Holiday Inn hotel. They rule in the MARSHALL area for quality and service. This has to be one of the best Holiday Inn locations I have visited. They really seem to understand customer service and make certain the staff is empowered to excel in meeting your needs. GO HERD!!!!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for your great review. We appreciate your business and we are proud to serve you and all of our guests with the best services we can provide. GO HERD!
Lebanon, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

I really liked this hotel it seems very clean and it's in a nice location. When you look a bit closer you see things small details missed. Bulbs that are different colors, stains in furnature, elevator wasn't only squeeky but a bit dirty as well.

The service was nice lady checking us in was polite. Breakfast was meh it just left something desired with so many hotel chains offering free it's hard to compete.

I will come back here let's just focus on the details.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Daniel P
marcy k, General Manager at Holiday Inn Barboursville, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Thank you for your comments, we will continue to work to improve the issues that you found during your stay. Hope that you will return again soon.

Myrtle
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

The staff is friendly and accommodating. Our room was small considering they call it a suite but it worked fine for our stay as we were in town to visit relatives. The complimentary breakfast buffet was very good with a wide range of choices.

Room Tip: Pick up a coupon at the state Welcome Center to receive a discount on rooms.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Nancy O
Thanks for your review of our hotel. We appreciate your business.

Midlothian, Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014

First room had dust and hair behind toilet and a drip of urine under the bowl on the side. I wiped up the urine and figured I would go with it. Then I lifted the seat and there were what looked like splashes of feces on the underside and along the rim of the bowl.

Moved to a different room. Dust and hair behind the toilet but no drip of urine and the toilet seat was up so I could see there was no feces. Yay! Then I looked down in front of the bowl and there was a yellow build up of pee with dust in it along the caulk. Too tired to move. I just had hubby get sanitary wipes and I cleaned myself.

Two tables had residual rings from drinks that I wiped away. I had to go down to the front desk for sheets that weren't replenished in the bag for the pullout bed. And there were specks of something sticky on the comforter. I felt dirty while there because clearly the cleaning staff does not clean! I usually find holiday inn pretty reliable but I would NEVER stay at this one again!

Front desk was very polite.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Shannon H
marcy k, General Manager at Holiday Inn Barboursville, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our property/business. We truly value the opinions of our customers and we apologize that we did not meet your expectations. Providing our guests with the best possible hospitality and service has always been our mission. We have addressed the cleanliness issue, and have taken steps to prevent this for future guests. Again, I would like to apologize that your stay wasn't everything that it should have been.

Marcy
Crown City, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014

First off, I want to say to Marci that works at this hotel from my staff, thank you for a flawless meeting! From Jacob at the front desk to the Maintenance employee who quickly brought an extension cord and table for our projector (that we had forgotten to arrange with you) to our server, Kim. I asked Jacob if he could prepare an additional sign outside the Violet room and Jacob even made the sign GREEN (our school colors)! The staff at this hotel went out of their way to make us feel welcome and take care of our needs hosting a meeting at this location!

Kim was always waiting in the wings “at the ready.” She was cheerful and quick with bringing a delightful container of cucumber/strawberry infused water and delicious coffee with plenty of cups, sugar, etc. The appetizers were quickly prepared by your kitchen and were hot, and condiments cold and delicious. Kim was attuned to attendees comfort levels and brought refills when asked. You can tell wait-staff from the “old school” by their attitude to the customer, attire and personality. She was correct in taking orders and brought the food as prepared with as little disturbance as possible after the meeting had begun. Which is what we wanted for the attendees to eat while we presented our program. We were a little over-due leaving, but was never reminded that our time was up.

Thank you again and I look forward to working with you and Holiday Inn Barboursville again. My personal thanks goes to Kim!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
marcy k, General Manager at Holiday Inn Barboursville, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Thank you so much! The Holiday Inn Barboursville greatly appreciates your business and your great review. I am so glad that our employees were able to meet all your needs and exceed your expectations. We hope you will be back soon!

Marcy
Overland Park, Kansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014

When we first arrived I thought the hotel was new, but the nice gentleman at the front desk told me it was several years old and they take pride in keeping the place looking nice. You don't hear that very often! It would help to have sign that is easily seen, but the signs on I-64 direct you right to the place. The room was large and clean, with fairly comfortable beds. The fridge and microwave came in very handy. Everyone that I ran across was extremely friendly and helpful - shout out to Matt in housekeeping! I had mixed experiences in the cafe: First time, we had great food and very timely service. We went back with a slightly larger group three days later and it took almost an hour to get our food (not sure why it took that long to make some salads and appetizers). I guess we should have informed the server that we were under time constraints but, unfortunately, this made us late for a funeral. However, both times the food was very good and reasonably priced. Because we were there for a funeral, our rate was discounted and that was very much appreciated. Now, if only they could improve the traffic pattern around the mall and nearby restaurants....

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
marcy k, Manager at Holiday Inn Barboursville, responded to this review, 11 April 2014
Sorry to hear that there were some hiccups in your stay. . We appreciate your honest review and we will work on these issues for future guests.We hope that the next time you visit it is under better circumstances Thank you!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Barboursville
Hampton Inn Huntington / Barboursville
Red Roof Inn Huntington
#3 of 12 in Huntington
Fairfield Inn & Suites Huntington
Hampton Inn Huntington University Area

Been to Holiday Inn Barboursville? Share your experiences!