“Love this place!”

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Barboursville
Shady Spring, West Virginia
“Love this place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

First off let me start by saying that I myself have worked in the hotel business at the Holiday Inn Express in Canon City Colorado. So I know how much hard work goes into the whole hotel being that clean and nice. I know that the house keepers are human and everything is not going to be perfect and they may forget something here or there when they are in a hurry because they have 20 rooms to clean before 3pm. From the time we walked into the hotel until the time we left the hotel (which was late, so that my children could swim) we were welcomed with warm smiles and willingness to help in anyway possible. The front desk was helpful and very nice to talk to. The morning lady was chatty and we had a few laughs together. The housekeeping lady's were waiting to clean our room and didn't seem to complain that we were staying late. I asked them for towels because we are a family of 4 who had been to Camden park before check in so we were dirty and had to shower as soon as we got there. She was more than happy to give us the towels and insisted on giving us extra soap, shampoo and conditioner as well. :) We woke up late (which never happened) and almost missed breakfast so we rushed down so that my daughter who was the only person out of our family that wanted anything to eat, could get some cereal. The lady insisted on it being free which was a nice gesture. Maybe I am a little more laid back about the hotel situation because I worked in one and I know how much work everyone puts in for it to be spotless so someone like one of the lady's post about going in and looking to find something anywhere she could. Good job to everyone working there as it was a very nice hotel. It was above standards on the cleanliness and the friendliness. The huge fish tank was beautiful and my children loved it. The pool and hot tub were very nice and the fact that they had a bathroom in there was a huge plus. I was very impressed at this hotel. Good job to the GM and all the other employees who make it as great as it is. We will be back next week for another stay and we are already looking forward to it!!!!

Room Tip: They offer many discounts so before booking with travelosity or orbits call them and I am sure they...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
marcy k, General Manager at Holiday Inn Barboursville, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Thank you for this wonderful review! We greatly appreciate your kind words and your business! We truly love taking care of our guests and doing anything we can to help make their stays a 10. We are so happy that you are coming back, and cannot wait for you and your family to stay again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Montgomery, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

Pretty setting on a hill, large fish tank in the lobby a nice touch. Rooms spotless. Huge indoor pool!!! Decent exercise room. Cozy, welcoming bar.Good breakfast buffet. Pick up one of those motel discount papers at a rest stop for a super discount.

• Stayed June 2014
Thank you for your review. We appreciate your business!
Winston Salem, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

I had not been to Huntington in a couple of years and was so glad to find this Holiday Inn hotel. They rule in the MARSHALL area for quality and service. This has to be one of the best Holiday Inn locations I have visited. They really seem to understand customer service and make certain the staff is empowered to excel in meeting your needs. GO HERD!!!!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for your great review. We appreciate your business and we are proud to serve you and all of our guests with the best services we can provide. GO HERD!
Lebanon, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

I really liked this hotel it seems very clean and it's in a nice location. When you look a bit closer you see things small details missed. Bulbs that are different colors, stains in furnature, elevator wasn't only squeeky but a bit dirty as well.

The service was nice lady checking us in was polite. Breakfast was meh it just left something desired with so many hotel chains offering free it's hard to compete.

I will come back here let's just focus on the details.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Daniel P
marcy k, General Manager at Holiday Inn Barboursville, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Thank you for your comments, we will continue to work to improve the issues that you found during your stay. Hope that you will return again soon.

Myrtle
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

The staff is friendly and accommodating. Our room was small considering they call it a suite but it worked fine for our stay as we were in town to visit relatives. The complimentary breakfast buffet was very good with a wide range of choices.

Room Tip: Pick up a coupon at the state Welcome Center to receive a discount on rooms.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Nancy O
Thanks for your review of our hotel. We appreciate your business.

Midlothian, Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014

First room had dust and hair behind toilet and a drip of urine under the bowl on the side. I wiped up the urine and figured I would go with it. Then I lifted the seat and there were what looked like splashes of feces on the underside and along the rim of the bowl.

Moved to a different room. Dust and hair behind the toilet but no drip of urine and the toilet seat was up so I could see there was no feces. Yay! Then I looked down in front of the bowl and there was a yellow build up of pee with dust in it along the caulk. Too tired to move. I just had hubby get sanitary wipes and I cleaned myself.

Two tables had residual rings from drinks that I wiped away. I had to go down to the front desk for sheets that weren't replenished in the bag for the pullout bed. And there were specks of something sticky on the comforter. I felt dirty while there because clearly the cleaning staff does not clean! I usually find holiday inn pretty reliable but I would NEVER stay at this one again!

Front desk was very polite.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Shannon H
marcy k, General Manager at Holiday Inn Barboursville, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our property/business. We truly value the opinions of our customers and we apologize that we did not meet your expectations. Providing our guests with the best possible hospitality and service has always been our mission. We have addressed the cleanliness issue, and have taken steps to prevent this for future guests. Again, I would like to apologize that your stay wasn't everything that it should have been.

Marcy
Crown City, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014

First off, I want to say to Marci that works at this hotel from my staff, thank you for a flawless meeting! From Jacob at the front desk to the Maintenance employee who quickly brought an extension cord and table for our projector (that we had forgotten to arrange with you) to our server, Kim. I asked Jacob if he could prepare an additional sign outside the Violet room and Jacob even made the sign GREEN (our school colors)! The staff at this hotel went out of their way to make us feel welcome and take care of our needs hosting a meeting at this location!

Kim was always waiting in the wings “at the ready.” She was cheerful and quick with bringing a delightful container of cucumber/strawberry infused water and delicious coffee with plenty of cups, sugar, etc. The appetizers were quickly prepared by your kitchen and were hot, and condiments cold and delicious. Kim was attuned to attendees comfort levels and brought refills when asked. You can tell wait-staff from the “old school” by their attitude to the customer, attire and personality. She was correct in taking orders and brought the food as prepared with as little disturbance as possible after the meeting had begun. Which is what we wanted for the attendees to eat while we presented our program. We were a little over-due leaving, but was never reminded that our time was up.

Thank you again and I look forward to working with you and Holiday Inn Barboursville again. My personal thanks goes to Kim!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
marcy k, General Manager at Holiday Inn Barboursville, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Thank you so much! The Holiday Inn Barboursville greatly appreciates your business and your great review. I am so glad that our employees were able to meet all your needs and exceed your expectations. We hope you will be back soon!

Marcy
Also consider these accommodations in or near Barboursville
Hampton Inn Huntington / Barboursville
Red Roof Inn Huntington
#3 of 12 in Huntington
Fairfield Inn & Suites Huntington
Hampton Inn Huntington University Area

Been to Holiday Inn Barboursville? Share your experiences!