“A nice hotel!”

Comfort Inn Beckley
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Beckley
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I laugh when people review a small local hotel expecting it to be the Ritz Carlton.

This hotel is nice and clean, in a good location, easy access to the highway. It's easy to get in and out of the building. The front desk was very helpful, and got me checked in very quickly. The pool is very well kept.

I never comment on bed comfort because everyone's opinion of that is different, therefore mine will not help you. Besides, if you're sleeping on anything other than a bed you're used to, it's always a bit uncomfy, but that's not the bed's or the hotel's fault... that's just par for the course.. ya know?

And there's a restaurant practically next door, called Paquale's. Their pizza is amazing, and they deliver. They are a huge bargain. You need to try them if you stay here.

There are absolutely no 'warning signs' about this hotel.

If you're looking for a good stopover on I-77, this place is going to deliver.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Oklesh
BeckleyMgr, General Manager at Comfort Inn Beckley, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments about your stay at our hotel. We appreciate our guest and look forward to hearing how their stay was. I will pass along your comments to the staff and we do hope that you will come back and stay with us in the future.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

Stayed 1 night restless sleep. The next morning we saw them bringing in new mattresses. The free breakfast had a nice variety. The hotel clerk said they were doing some upgrades to the hotel that is good because they need to be done. Not bad for a roadside hotel!

• Stayed: June 2014

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to comment on Trip Advisor, I am sorry that you didn't get a good nights sleep, the mattresses you saw us unloading were to replace the ones in the smoking section we have went 100%smoke free so we had to replace the old mattresses. We have also replaced the carpet and drapes in that section as well and will be finishing the hotel. I would like to invite you back again in the future to see the wonderful changes that are taking place.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

Stayed for one night. Clean room, good location. Very easy to access highways and lots of places to eat in the area. Friendly staff. Did not get to use the swimming pool but it looked very clean and well maintained. Would definitely stay there again.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments on your stay at our hotel. We appreciate you and your feedback. I hope that you were able to enjoy our hot breakfast while you were here and hope that you will come and stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

We spent 1 night at the Comfort Inn and were overall just satisfied with our stay. The front desk staff was very nice and friendly when we checked in and out. The breakfast was a little better than satisfactory than many hotels. Overall the room was clean except for a little mold growing in the corner of the bath tub. (room 108.) I reported this to the front desk woman upon checkout, she thanked me and said it would be cleaned. After checkout I noticed I was charged $1.50 for a safe charge. I was not even aware there was a safe in the room let alone use it. It wasn't worth returning or calling the hotel to contest it. It was just annoying they would charge me a "safe charge" when I didn't use it.

Room Tip: Review your bill for the $1.50 safe charge before you leave the hotel.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MKC18
BeckleyMgr, General Manager at Comfort Inn Beckley, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to comment on Trip Advisor, I am sorry about the safe charge and if you will contact the hotel. I will be more than happy to remove that, we offer safes to keep guest items in, but we are glad to remove the charge at the request of the guest. We do hope that if you are in Beckley again you will stop and stay with us.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

We only stayed here one night. I requested a late check-in and when we first arrived there was a note at check-in that rep was helping another guest. This didn't bother me; but after a long drive would have been nice for quicker check-in. I requested a room with Double queen beds, and that's exactly what I got. The room was nice for our short stay, and the beds and room seemed recently updated. We were on the first floor and you could hear noises from outside (a car starting up in the middle of the night) and noises from room above us. Normally it's not a problem but we already got in around 10pm and these noises were in early morning (between 1am-5am). This place had a free breakfast but it wasn't very good. Not to mention the breakfast room was packed and things were placed all over the place. There were waffles (blueberry and original), scrambled eggs that were horrible, sausage links, bread, bagels, only 2 danishes when we got there at 8am, hard-boiled eggs, yogurt, and cereal. I would have loved for some biscuits and gravy rather than the eggs and sausage. I will say the attendant did her best to keep up with demand. I only give this place a 3 star because of the breakfast and noises. Plus for $99/night was a little high for 1 night.

Room Tip: Get something on 2nd floor. First floor is too noisy.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to comment on Trip Advisor, I am sorry that you felt our breakfast wasn't what you expected, we don't serve biscuits and gravy but we offer so much more, such as the eggs boiled and scrambled and sausage. We offer micro fridges in all rooms and a seasonal outdoor pool. I am sorry your were inconvenienced but I do hope that if you are in our area again you will stop and stay with us.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

This hotel I have a mixed opinion about. If it was a lower cost hotel I would have to give it a much better rating, but they price themselves in the mid range pricing for the area so I have to compare them to the other like hotels around. The employees were super nice. They tried to accommodate any question or need that you would have. The facility was well kept. The dedication of the employees and their willingness to serve you is truly the best asset of this hotel. The breakfast room was decent sized and they had plenty of options available. Those choices were spread out around the room and could be more centralized, but still excellent over the typical continental breakfast found in some hotels. There was a outdoor pool available on the grounds to use. It was kind of small but still cool and refreshing for a hot day. The hotel is off the main exit road, but still right by the interstate and the interstate is easily accessible. The Harper Road exit can be extremely busy certain times of day though so I will put that warning out there. There was an Italian restaurant well within walking range to eat at. Little pricy for the portion size, but the food was good

On the opposite side of the equation is that this is still an older hotel bought from the Day's Inn chain. That original construction still shows in the overall design. The noise quality is not quite up to par with what I would expect in a typical Comfort Inn. The floor of the room above me creaked and I could literally hear every footstep the occupant took. Around the door is not as well insulated so there was more hall noise as well. The hotel offers 2 choice of beds - 2 doubles or 1 king rooms. I chose the 2 doubles, but would recommend against that. It was more like a twin on steroids glorified twin. I was on one side and rolled over once and almost rolled out of bed. The bed itself seemed older as well and not as up to date or comfortable or conforming as a more modern bed would be. They did give the choice of softer or firmer pillows though. The television was a flat screen, but the control given was only the bare minimum. It didn't even have a sleep button for those who like to go to sleep by the television There was a small table with a chair and lamp available to use as a work area. The chair was just a wooden chair and not a fancy office type chair though in case you do look for that option. .

Overall the motel wasn't that bad, but one of the other Choicehotels in the area may be the best option for now until some upgrades are installed to warrant the higher cost in my own personal opinion. It is still better than the lower cost motels in the area though so this would be one you would just have to try yourself to truly make a decision for yourself.

Room Tip: Getting a king bed would be advisable due to the smallness of the double beds. A room on the back s...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank alman4869
BeckleyMgr, General Manager at Comfort Inn Beckley, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Thank you for your comments to Trip Advisor concerning your stay at our hotel. We appreciate all of our guest feedback. You are right in that we used to be a Days Inn, we are continually working to identify us as a Comfort Inn, we have redone the outside of the hotel, added an elevator and guest laundry. We have just recently went from smoking to a smoke free hotel, and will be replacing the wall vinyl in each room with textured paint, new drapes and new carpet. I am sorry that you were disappointed in our bed size and that you felt our pool was to small. We would like to invite you back again to see the new changes once completed.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

If you are traveling Interstate 77/64 this is a great location with great value. Front desk staff very knowledgeable about the area, Plenty of parking. Security excellent. Plenty of restaurants nearby. This was a business trip so we got up early and went down stairs for breakfast. The attendant was always present making sure that all food items were replenished in a timely fashion.

Room Tip: Top floor away from freeway noise.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank juansalon
BeckleyMgr, General Manager at Comfort Inn Beckley, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Thank you for you comments to Trip Advisor about your stay at our hotel, we appreciate you staying with us. I am happy to hear we were able to accommodate all of your needs and will pass your comments on to the staff. We do hope if you are in our area again you will stop and stay with us. We are in the process of making a lot of new changes.