“No second chance for a first impression”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Beckley
Aiken, South Carolina
“No second chance for a first impression”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Due to traffic delays on a trip through the area, we arrived late for our check-in. Upon entering the front door of the hotel (approx. 8:30pm) we were met by, what I would describe, a local "pavement princess",(female, I think), wearing less than what a postage stamp would cover, for clothing. She proceeded into the lobby and passed the front desk with the acknowledgement of the front desk clerk. (Indicating this is not the first time). The immediate impression was the hotel was renting out rooms by the hour. Later we find out, there is a lounge attached to the hotel and the staff require the patrons to enter through the front door of the hotel in order to be carded when they enter the lounge. This being the case, even though there is a separate, outside entrance/exit to the lounge.
The room was clean and spacious, but the first impression was difficult to overcome.
Will not return to this hotel in the future.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Pat K
Debbie P, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
On behalf of our entire team, I am very sorry your experience at our hotel was not positive. I've addressed your issue with our General Manager. The staff and management team are working very hard to please every guest we encounter. I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience.
Sincerely

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Westbrook, Maine
Reviewed 9 June 2014

My husband and I arrived here at around 9pm, after a long day on a motocycle heading from SC to ME. To our huge relief, the check-in process was swift and there was an attached restaurant open until 10pm. There was also a free breakfast served the next morning, which was a great start to our new day. The facility was sparkling clean and bed was quite comfotable. The Express Check-Out in the morning greatly facilitated our getting backon the road at an early hour. I wish we could have stayed longer, but this was a super place to stay and a great value for the money.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Debbie P, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
We very much appreciate and value your feedback and will share it with our team. Your review will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our quests.
Sincerely
Wheeling, West Virginia
Reviewed 4 June 2014

stayed here for a weekend in may! very nie plce, nice morning breakfast, nice people at front desk...right down to the people at the nite club, treated u like guest should be treated....only one thing that was bad! smoking in the bar area was horrid! got sick had to leave the bar. would have spend alot more money there if there was no smoking!

Room Tip: non smoking rooms and if u need a referator yd better request one all rooms dont have them
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Debbie P, Director of Sales at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. Thank you for sharing your experience and we hope your next visit will be even more pleasant than the previous one. I am very sorry you became ill from the cigarette smoke in the lounge, unfortunately at the current time our bar is a smoker friendly facility. Hope to see you again soon.
Debbie Potter
Hagersville
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This property is a comfortable stop when travelling. Easy on/off the interstate with on site restaurant on site. There are lots of other places to eat in the area.
Good breakfast included. The clerks at the checkin were very friendly. Rooms were large enough not to feel cramped.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
SPettry, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to fill out trip advisor with such positive feedback! I have shared your comments with my staff, and they join me in thanking you for your kind words. We take pride in our hotel and the services we provide and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay.

Stephney Pettry
North Carolina
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Their rooms were cleaner than some that I looked at in the area that were a little more money. Stayed there two nights and they did not do as good of job cleaning my room when I left my stuff in there for the second night.
When I was coming up from their breakfast bar I did see them completely stripping everything off the beds of the rooms that had been totally vacated. You should be able to take that for granted, but I know from past experience that is not always true.
Breakfast bar I would rate a 7 or 8 on a 10 scale. People were waiting for eggs, and the potatoes were hard, but there were a lot of people taking advantage of it.

Room Tip: They have rooms for smokers and I had to take one. My choice, but I would not do it again. Windows d...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Thank you for your comments regarding our hotel. Feedback from our guests is very important to us and your input helps with our continuing efforts to provide excellent service and a great stay. Thank you so much for your business and we look forward to seeing you in the future.
Kind Regards
Virginia
Reviewed 29 March 2014

Not good for a solo traveler seeking a quiet room. Sprawling older property with some upgrades; they seem to be trying hard with what they have to work with. I requested a quiet, upper floor room, not knowing there was no elevator and that I would need to park in the rear parking lot, go up steps to the keyed, manual door, and then up more steps to the room. (in the rain.)The room I was given was immediately adjacent to the stair well door, which was in no way quiet, and continued to be opened/closed through 3 a.m. Parking lot noise was also audible, even with room fan running continually.

Be aware that even if you book a main floor room, there is a floor below that (more stairs), and that the main entrance has two sets of manual doors that must be managed while moving luggage in and out.

The room seemed clean until I noticed hair in many places on the bathroom floor and in the sink. Made me question the cleanliness of everything if that much visible hair was left after "cleaning".

Front desk personnel were friendly, bed was comfortable, but had cube pillows instead of full size. Wi-fi worked fine, furniture was a little old/worn, room temperature was manageable, flat screen TV, breakfast looked standard for the class (didn't eat), but the coffee was really not good. Breakfast space seemed adequate.

It's raining as I prepare to leave, so I will be schlepping luggage down stairs and walking out in the rain to the end of the parking lot. The covered "pull-up" space in front is very small, and then there are those two sets of manual doors.

Room Tip: I can't think of a way to make this "good" if you are traveling solo. Corporate should...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
SPettry, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 16 October 2014
Thank you for taking time to write such a detailed review. All your comments are essential to educating our staff about good and bad service. We will ensure your feedback will be given to all. We hope you will give us another chance to make it up to you.

Travellers are raving about these Beckley hotels

Oakville
Reviewed 26 March 2014

We were stopping in Beckley on our way to Myrtle Beach and had booked a room at another hotel in town through Expedia. The booked room was uninhabitable and not at all the star rating stated by Expedia, so we had to look for an alternate. Fortunately the Quality Inn had rooms available, reasonable priced, large, bright, clean and fresh smelling. The on site restaurant had a roadhouse type menu with good, hot food, and friendly staff. The included breakfast was well stocked with a good selection of options. Would certainly recommend this property.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank acorn2011
Thank you for your comments regarding our hotel. Our staff takes great pride in our hotel. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again very soon.