“No Refund Given !!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Beckley
Barrie, Canada
“No Refund Given !!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2012

My wife and I are snowbirds and we always would stay at the Hampton Inn in Beckley. We found it very clean and the hospitality was great. My wife past away last fall and we had booked our room for the 27th of Oct. I called and cancelled my reservation on the 25th. I was later charged for our room on my visa. They told me they were going to issue a refund cheque seeing my wifes visa card had been cancelled.It is now almost one year and though I've had many phone calls and emails for the Hampton chain,I have yet to recieve my refund.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Pamela D

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Toronto
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2012

We stayed here on Aug 19th on our way to Myrtle Beach. Our check-in took a whole 3 seconds. Gentleman at the front desk asked for our last name and wondered if we were going to use the same credit card as on file. When we said, yes, he handed us the key to our room. Just Amazing!!

I gave it 3 stars because the tub in our bathroom didn't drain and we were unable to take showers in the morning. We reported this to front desk, it was acknowledge and asked if they can have someone fix it. However, for us, it was too late, as we had to hit the road. We instead asked for compensation.

So overall, service was great!! Even though we had issues with the tub, the services was still great.

At the time of booking, I didn't realize that the hotel does not have an indoor pool. The day we arrived, it was raining and we were unable to use the pool.

Room, bathroom, breakfast area, and lobby, all seemed very clean smell free and very warm and comfortable.

Breakfast was standard Hampton Inn; GOOD

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Edgewater, Maryland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2012

We stayed here because I thought it was the best hotel in town. Afterwards, even my husband said he thought it was "marginal". The beds were very lumpy, the bathroom small and the toilet VERY loud. I really didn't want to sleep in the bed.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank An0nym0us1150
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2012

After a bad experience with another hotel chain in Beckley last year we decided to try the Hampton Inn and were not disappointed. The front desk staff were friendly and polite. Our room was well appointed and above all, clean. There was a fridge in the room so we could safely store the contents of our cooler for the night. A comfortable and clean bed made it well worth the few extra dollars we spent.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Blacksburg, Virginia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2012

The biggest problem I found is that some rooms are smoking rooms and they do not tell you in advance or give you the option, you just get there and then you have to spray Febreeze on top of everything.
Everything else is just HI standard. good beds, nice desk and average continental BF.

Room Tip: make sure you ask if it is a smoking or non-smoking room. If possible from the moment you make the r...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank MexKaz
Brantford, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2012

I am a single Dad and I like to travel with my two boys who are 9 and 5 years old. We are currently on our trip in Myrtle Breach but wanted to take some time to detail our travels so far (so i dont forget and because they are still sleeping). We left from South Western Ontario at 7am and the Hampton Inn was a good place to stop the first night. With a couple stops we arrived at 5:30pm. The hotel was located just off the highway and we had a standard King Size room with a pull out couch...perfect for us. The pool was located outside the building but was very nice with lots of seating and a shallow end for my 5 year old to play in. Free breakfast was included which is always nice and makes it easy to get back on the road. The best thing about this hotel was the location. We had 2 restaurants almost in the parking lot so we did not have to get back in the car to go find dinner. We chose the Bob Evans which is a 30 second walk. I had nver been to a Bob Evans but it was terrific. My oldest had mashed potatoes and mac and cheese, my youngest had pancakes, and i had a special. Total cost was $21.00...crazy good value!

Room Tip: Pick this hotel if you dont want to get back in your car to go find dinner!
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Jason31_12
Spartanburg, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2012

We spent one night here on a two-day drive from SC to Niagara Falls. Located right off the interstate, it was quite convenient for us. Our room was clean and well appointed. We got in pretty late, so we didn't get the opportunity to use any of the hotel amenities. The hotel staff were courteous and helpful. Breakfast was better than average, for a Hampton Inn; including waffles, eggs, bacon and various breads, pastries and cereal. They also had a nice selection of fruit and yogurt.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family