“Great Hotel and Staff”

Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Beckley
Concord, North Carolina
“Great Hotel and Staff”
Reviewed 22 October 2012

Stayed here for Bridge Day weekend. We did not have a reservation, the front desk staff was wonderful,the hotel was clean, the bed was comfortable , had a good nights rest.There was enough for everyone to have a good breakfast.I would definitely stay here when visiting WV,

Room Tip: The AC was not noisy and worked well, the only disturbance was other guests slamming their doors.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Judy_Singh

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 11 October 2012

Stayed here recently and I have to say, it was the BEST night's sleep we have had in a long time! I don't know what kind of mattresses they have, but they are the best.

The front desk staff was wonderful. They answered questions that we had about the area and made some good recommendations.

I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 25 September 2012 via mobile

I stayed for bussiness, got in late ready for bed and the room was nasty dirty, smelled. A surprise was waiting in the toilet,gross! I just flushed coated myself with Purell and was up and gone by 5 thank God! 7 hours of yuck!

Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank A F
Barrie, Canada
Reviewed 18 September 2012

My wife and I are snowbirds and we always would stay at the Hampton Inn in Beckley. We found it very clean and the hospitality was great. My wife past away last fall and we had booked our room for the 27th of Oct. I called and cancelled my reservation on the 25th. I was later charged for our room on my visa. They told me they were going to issue a refund cheque seeing my wifes visa card had been cancelled.It is now almost one year and though I've had many phone calls and emails for the Hampton chain,I have yet to recieve my refund.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Pamela D
Toronto
Reviewed 6 September 2012

We stayed here on Aug 19th on our way to Myrtle Beach. Our check-in took a whole 3 seconds. Gentleman at the front desk asked for our last name and wondered if we were going to use the same credit card as on file. When we said, yes, he handed us the key to our room. Just Amazing!!

I gave it 3 stars because the tub in our bathroom didn't drain and we were unable to take showers in the morning. We reported this to front desk, it was acknowledge and asked if they can have someone fix it. However, for us, it was too late, as we had to hit the road. We instead asked for compensation.

So overall, service was great!! Even though we had issues with the tub, the services was still great.

At the time of booking, I didn't realize that the hotel does not have an indoor pool. The day we arrived, it was raining and we were unable to use the pool.

Room, bathroom, breakfast area, and lobby, all seemed very clean smell free and very warm and comfortable.

Breakfast was standard Hampton Inn; GOOD

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Edgewater, Maryland
Reviewed 21 August 2012

We stayed here because I thought it was the best hotel in town. Afterwards, even my husband said he thought it was "marginal". The beds were very lumpy, the bathroom small and the toilet VERY loud. I really didn't want to sleep in the bed.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank An0nym0us1150
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 17 August 2012

After a bad experience with another hotel chain in Beckley last year we decided to try the Hampton Inn and were not disappointed. The front desk staff were friendly and polite. Our room was well appointed and above all, clean. There was a fridge in the room so we could safely store the contents of our cooler for the night. A comfortable and clean bed made it well worth the few extra dollars we spent.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple