“Great Stay”

Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Beckley
Windsor, Canada
“Great Stay”
Reviewed 20 November 2013

Stayed one night on drive down to Charlotte. Hotel was great. Very pleased with large, clean & well furnished room. Close to a number of restaurants. Good breakfast. Only cost $131 including taxes. Would highly recommend this hotel

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Cameron_D725

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Reviewed 11 November 2013 via mobile

This is typical motel type. It was clean and the bed was fairly comfortable. Breakfast was pretty blah. We drove down the road and had breakfast.

Bathroom was very small. This motel looks to have some wear and tear.

I would actually rate it a 3 1/2 if I could.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Oakville, Canada
Reviewed 6 November 2013

The room was very clean. Bedding is clean every day, which was great. The complimentary breakfast was an added plus for us, as we wanted to get on the road quickly the next day. It was a full breakfast! The staff were great. Popcorn and warm chocolate chip cookies in the lobby upon arrival!

1 Thank Heather D
Reviewed 3 November 2013

Everything was right at the Hampton Inn in Beckley. We have stayed at many Hampton Inns before, but this one did everything right. The room was spacious with typical Hampton Inn bed linens including both soft and firm pillows. The cookies were wonderful, and the breakfast spread included cereals, waffles, and other treats.

The hotel was updated recently but the only hold-overs we found were a bit outdated shower head and a slightly loose security latch on the door frame.

and it was less than a few hundred feet from the Texas Steak House next door. great Hamburgers.

Abingdon, Maryland
Reviewed 2 November 2013

I have stayed here several times. I agree with a lot of the previous reviews. The rooms are noisy, doors slam, and you can hear neighbor's TV. The luggage carts are old and noisy. Usually I get a king bed but the rate was too high so opted for double full size beds. The must be making the beds smaller because all night I worried about rolling out of the bed and it definitely impacted my sleep. The breakfast area at this hotel is always packed so if I eat breakfast here I take it back to the room. The phones went out shortly after I arrived and I am not sure if they ever came back. Now for the good points. The staff at the desk where friendly and helpful. I had forgot contact solution and asked if they sold any in their pantry. They didn't but the staff tried to find some I could use.They also offered me coal cookies, which were delicious. The room is very clean. The location is great. Nearby restaurants within walking distance. I would stay here again but try for king bed.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank IsabellaKY63
Toronto
Reviewed 28 October 2013

We stayed here on Saturday of bridge weekend - checked in in the rain after a 12 hour drive and very tired. Rate for the night was atrocious, apparently rates 'bumped up' due to the Bridge event - with tax $169 for standard room. Very old and not up to standard. Bathroom very cramped, lighting poor and beds not great. After such a long day in the car, we did not want to go out to a restaurant, particularly in the rain and looked for restaurant info, particularly those that delivered - a list was provided in the room info, but no information. Upon enquiring at the desk, they gave me another 'list' of restaurants that delivered with just the name and number, no information - we ended up eating crackers and cheese for dinner that we had from the car. No refrigerators, no microwaves etc. etc. One of our keys did not work, and when we checked at the desk, they re-programmed the key to work - unfortunately our other key then wouldn't work - too tired to return to have it re-programmed. The luggage carts need maintenance - very noisy to move down the hallways, and we felt we may have disturbed other guests with the noise since we left very early the next morning. We have been HHonors members for years and look for Hampton as a first choice on our trips. We will not be doing so again, as we feel we were 'burned' on the rate, for a very sub-standard facility.

Morgantown, United States
Reviewed 28 October 2013

Of all the chain hotels I have stayed at, this Hampton Inn is one of the best. The rooms are spacious and have a moveable desk, internet access, etc. I love coming to Beckley because I know I have a great hotel to look forward to.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business