“Great Family Hotel”

Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Beckley
Leitchfield, United States
“Great Family Hotel”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

The staff was wonderful. The hotel was great for families. The accomodations were clean, fresh, and up to date. The hotel was very welcoming. The pool was nice. Breakfast was great and plentiful. I can't say enough about how great the staff was with my daughter-she's 5 and that is not always the case when you are traveling.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank Anne G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Even though this is a small town Hampton Inn, it was the perfect halfway point for my two-day drive, both north and then south the following week.conveniently just off I-77 I found my King Study room to be different - better - than any other Hampton Inn where I've stayed. The cabinets and desk area were on one whole side of the room, and looked like beautiful wood that you'd see in an upscale hotel. Even better was the incredible service I got both times from the desk employees. For some reason, the wireless connection was difficult to access, so I called downstairs for better directions. Those didn't work, so a desk clerk came up to my room quickly, on each of my stays. I was very impressed.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Carrollton, United States
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Enjoyed the stay. We went rafting and the hotel was only 30 minutes from the New River Gorge. We stayed in the one bedroom with a king sized bed that was extremely comfortable. The breakfast was good. The hotel was just off of interstate 77 before the first toll plaza.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank John M
Cleveland
Reviewed 26 June 2014

On our travels from Florida to Ohio, we stayed at this Hampton Inn. Our room that we booked was very small. There was neither a refrigerator nor a microwave. As we entered this hotel the odor of stale smoke greeted us and that odor carried over into the lobby area. The clerk that checked us in was friendly and of course the beds are comfortable.There are lots of restaurants nearby. It is quite a busy area but convenient off I-77. This Hampton Inn cost us $30.00 more than the Hampton Inn Savannah we stayed at the night before and it wasn't half as nice.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank PeachesCleveland
Waynesburg, United States
Reviewed 9 June 2014

The Hampton is a great place to stay. the rooms are clean and the staff friendly. Lots of places to eat nearby. it is very close to the major highways thus making travel easy. the rooms are very quiet and the beds are very comfortable.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

Lexington, South Carolina, USA
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Booked a rewards room for my wife and father in law for a funeral. Booked 3 nights but cancelled after 1 night. Called April 2nd (next day) and spoke with manager to cancel. No problem. Called 800 number to try and get 60k points returned. Was advised to call hotel direct for request. Called again and spoke to manager on 4-10 and requested points reimbursement. Was advised it would be done. Now June 4, still no points returned. Somebody needs to address the issue because I am fed up with incompetence. Really, do I have to drive 500 miles to talk to slack manager in person? Calling did no good. Why can't I email my problem to web site? Rewards program is more work than it is worth. Holiday Inn Express would have fixed this in 1 day. Get with the program people. issues like this cost hotels cusomer loyalty. I am done with this chain.

Room Tip: Try the HI down the street. At least they are honest.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Stayed here for two nights. Room was clean, bed was comfortable, staff were friendly. Hot breakfast was good, and the waffles came out great. The hotel also has coffee/tea available throughout the day, which was nice. Our room did not have a microfridge, but there is a common microwave available for use in the main lobby. Good stay overall.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family