“Average hotel right off I77.”

Hampton Inn Beckley
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Beckley
Cleveland, Ohio
“Average hotel right off I77.”
Reviewed 19 June 2010

Decided to stay in Beckley on our travel to Florida. Didn't make advance reservations. Called for room rate while getting off the highway and got lucky with the last room available. We checked several other hotels with a higher Tripadvisor ranking but they were all booked. The accommodations at Hampton hotels are consistent, so we knew what we were getting. We paid $130 for a Friday night including tax and factoring in our AAA discount. The rate was a bit higher than we were hoping to pay, but our choices were limited and we wanted to get off the road.

Easy check-in and easy check-out.

Average room - only complaints were the room never seemed to really cool off and the beds were a bit hard.

Breakfast was decent and included biscuits and gravy, eggs, toast, muffins, waffles, fruit, yogurt, cereal, coffee and juice. My husband liked the biscuits and gravy. My daughter was disappointed that they didn't have plain bagels only flavored.

Computer in the lobby allowed folks to check their e-mail, but lacked privacy.

Overall we got what we expected.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
chicago suburb, il
Reviewed 2 April 2010

We stopped here for an overnite after driving nine hours. The location is very convenient to the highway and gas stations. Food was within walking distance which was greatly appreciated after our long drive. Would derfinitely stay here again...no complaints!

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
Toronto-ish
Reviewed 2 January 2010

We were retunring home to southern Ontario from FL with 2 teen sons. We booked a king suite (with foldout couch) and requested a rollaway. The hotel has recently been renovated to the newer Hampton decor. Our room was just what we needed and expected, and the rollaway was waiting for us in the room. The gentleman at the check-in desk was very pleasant and friendly, and recognized me as an Hhonors gold member. We were in our room within moments of arriving. The breakfast area is smallish (as noted in the last review) but we had no problem getting seats - granted we ate at 6:00 am. We were only there overnight so did not use the other facilities. We would certainly stay there again - it was just what we needed and decent value.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with family
Huntigntown
Reviewed 28 December 2009

I stay at Hamptons 90% of the time when I travel and have stayed from Maryland to Florida and from Maryland to California. My wife and I spent at least twenty days a year in hotels. This property is in a great location. It has three places to eat that are right next door, Bob Evans, Texas Road House and Wendy's. The entire building has been renovated and I have never stayed in a nicer room at a Hampton. The negatives are furniture placed within six feet of the entrance which means you have to walk around four large sofa chairs and a table to get in or out of the building. Another is the computer is placed next to the front desk and the chair where you sit is in the main hall. Finally the breakfast area is the smallest I have ever seen and is totally crowded with large furniture to the point that you can not move around. It has five floors so it is very difficult if not impossible at breakfast. They also have placed a counter running down the entire middle of breakfast area with bar stools that you sit on when you eat. It reminded me of a school cafeteria with high tables. There is also a wall which blocks the front doors from the main desk which seems to be a problem. Everything is new and clean but it is not well planned. I will stay at another hotel when I am in Beckley again. If all you want is room and a good location this is a good bet.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
ontario
Reviewed 2 December 2009

Excellent hotel, clean, quiet, comfortable, great breakfast, lots of casual eating place close by.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
Rochester Hills, Michigan
Reviewed 6 October 2008

While on our way home from georgia we decided to spend the night at the Hampton Inn. We were greeted by (use the term greet lightly) by a person that seemed as if we were bothering him by checking in. The hotel lobby floor was very dirty, although it was raining out, I will cut them some slack.
The rooms were nice and clean, the beds were very comfortable, overall a nice room.

• Stayed September 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
madivt93
Reviewed 28 August 2008

We were traveling home to VA for vacation and decided to save some money by using Priceline to book our room. We got a room at this Hampton Inn for $65. I think the regular rate is around $95. We were "greated" by a very rude front desk woman on the day of our arrival. The rest of the staff turned out to be ok, but this was not a good start. I have a feeling it was because we used Priceline, but I'm not entirely sure. Our room was very humid, even with the AC on high. It smelled musty and the towels were even damp in the bathroom. Our socks were dirty from walking on the hotel room carpet and we found left over candy on the floor, along with a dirty pair of men's underwear!!!! The next day, we even had bug bites around our ankles! The linens and beds were nice, but that's about the only good thing I can say about our room. The TV was older and there was no fridge; breakfast in the morning was not up to par with even the Holiday Inn we stayed at the night before. The "egg" looked like a hockey puck or a plastic toy our two year old son would play with. The trash cans at breakfast were overflowing, forcing people to put their trash on the floor beside the cans. We will never stay here again. I felt I was robbed, even at the priceline price. I feel terrible for people who payed full price!

• Liked — the beds
  • Disliked — the cleanliness of the room
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank madivt93