“Good overnite on the way to PA”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Beckley
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Beckley
North Carolina
“Good overnite on the way to PA”
Reviewed 26 November 2007

Traveling with 2 small kids on the way to grandmother's house for Thanksgiving... we chose this hotel based on Tripadvisor reviews and were pleased overall. Nothing fancy for me to write about... just a clean, safe place to stay. The kids are easy to impress with rides on the luggage carts and cookies in the lobby before bed. My only negative was the street noise we experienced. We asked for a room with a door between the suite and the bedroom hoping that would help with putting the little one to bed earlier... all it did was put us in a room at the end of the hall closest to a busy, busy road. Since I did not see a room w/o the door, I assume they are set up basically the same way.. just some with a door and some without.. I would not bother with the door if it means you are in a loud room. Trucks went up and down that road all nite and kept Mom and Dad awake but the kids slept fine. Staff was very helpful and friendly. Lots of places to eat nearby. Decent breakfast included in the room price.

Stayed November 2007
1 Thank bargbee

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
AL.
Reviewed 20 October 2007

This is by far the nicest, best maintained, super, super clean hotel. Everything about this hotel was very nice. The best hotel I have ever stayed in my life. Very , very nice by hotel standards, beds very comfortable.

Stayed August 2007
Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed 19 August 2007

Very nice hotel for the money. Loved the pool. Very rare to get a full breakfast included in your room price. Clean hotel and most of the staff very nice. Asked for adjoining rooms a couple of weeks before our stay and was unable to keep request. After 10 minutes of complaining, we were able to at least get all four of our rooms on one floor.

• Liked — Very Clean and spacious rooms
  • Disliked — not being able to have rooms adjoining
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled with family
1 Thank richsarcar
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 31 July 2007

I booked this place due to reading the other reviews...

I planned to drive thourgh that way because it was for me the easiest way for driving back from Miami to Toronto...

The Hotel was quite big for so a remote Area, but it was pretty full :)

Also it was December and it snowed a little... (but it was cold out there) lucky the rooms very nicely warm!!!

The rooms where quite large and also very clean...
I had first my doubts on it because I never stayed before in a Country Inn & Suites... but I was proven otherwise...

As well what I do look always critical is the bathroom and the bed and they were clean... ps. it was also one of the only places I walked without socks on the floor, I do that not verrrry often!

More I can't say because it was a night stay.

• Liked — Size of Room and Clean
  • Disliked — hmmm none
  • Stayed December 2006, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Worldtraveller06
Reviewed 4 July 2007

We met relatives here to go whitewater rafting and found the large rooms helpful. The pull-out couch was pretty beat up, however. The pool is very nice, and the breakfast good.

• Stayed July 2007
2 Thank mlading
Mooresville, North Carolina
Reviewed 25 June 2007

We stayed here on an unplanned basis (late start due to car repairs) and because we trust the brand. It's a great hotel, facilities, pool and rooms are all very clean. Yes they do accept pets but be aware that this will automatically get you a SMOKING ROOM not to mention dirty looks by staff as if you are trying to sneak something by them.

My daughter has mild asthma and was extremely congested/ wheezy and I had a bloody nose by morning.

It's a nice hotel with restaurant within walking distance which is very convenient. The pool is large and well kept and provided added fun for my daughter. Breakfast was adequate if rather tight seating so my overall opinion is GOOD. I would have appreciated a Non-smoking option for us.

• Liked — Convenient Location off the Turnpike
  • Disliked — Smoking only rooms for pet owners
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled with family
Chicago, Il
Reviewed 25 June 2007

This place is amazing! It had a pool that was the best we have seen. It was indoor/outdoor and you swam under a wall to get to each. Our kids loved it!!! The rooms were spacious, the beds were great and the staff was very helpful. They have a great continental breakfast. I would highly recommend this place.

Stayed June 2007