Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Beckley, WV
US$68
US$76
TripAdvisor
1,201 results
All reviewsfront porchindoor outdoor poolrocking chairscookiescracker barrelhot tubbiscuits and gravyroom was cleanking suitewould stay here againwest virginiabreakfast staffhot breakfastthe breakfast areawafflesfresh fruitgreat place to stay
Reviewed 4 September 2013

This hotel was clean, with a very helpful staff which provided an overall pleasant hotel experience. The one problem we had was a due to a shortage of staff for the breakfast buffet on Sunday. We were told by one of the people working in the dining room was that two regular staff called out and they had to reassign housekeeping to the kitchen duty. They did a good job considering. We will seek out this chain in the future.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank mimischenk
Jerry S, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Beckley, WV, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2013

Thank you for the nice review. I have to give my staff credit in pitching in to make sure the breakfast area was well covered. The staff here is great, I owe to them all the success we have, they make me so proud! Thank you for recognizing them, I will pass on your comments at our next employee luncheon!

Safe travels,

Reviewed 31 August 2013

We stopped at this hotel twice within a ten day period. Both stays were great. The front desk staff were efficient, friendly and helpful both times. Our room was very clean and well maintained. The verandah and the pool area were neat and we spent a pleasant couple hours by the outdoor pool.
The location is ideal for us because we like to visit Tamarack whenever we drive by and the highway entrance and exit are very close. Breakfast choices are varied and plentiful, although the scrambled eggs are not made of real eggs. The waffles on the other hand are very good. In the future we will definitely make this hotel our stopping place on our way down south.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for the kind review. It is our pleasure to serve you and we are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay. The staff and I work hard to provide a quality product to our customers, and we are so pleased that we succeeded. Safe travels, and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 30 August 2013

First time staying at this property and would stay here again based on this experience. Room was a good size. Not crazy about the beds...metal headboard with spindles and open under the mattresses. I prefer a solid headboard and the base under the bed so items can fall/slide underneath. Room was clean and comfortable though and great for my one night stay. It did show some signs of wear and tear but not in bad shape...just some areas that could be touched up. Staff at check in and check out were friendly and helpful. Great location, especially close to Tamarack where I was attending a meeting. I didn't have time for breakfast but it looked like a good assortment of items, including hot items such as potatoes, eggs, and make your own waffles. Great government rate.

Room Tip: Just be aware that the floor plan of this hotel includes long hallways (longer than other properties). You may want to ask for rooms near the elevator if this is a concern for you.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel, we appreciate your comments and I will forward your concerns about the bedrails and headboard to ownership for review and possible replacement on our next series of updates to the property. Again, thank you for the review and we look forward to seeing you soon,

Safe travels!

Jerry Smith

Reviewed 29 August 2013

The Country Inn and Suites in Beckley has become the hotel that we stop at every summer on our road trip down south. Last year we noticed it had gone a little down hill and sadly, this year it has slipped even further. I was greeted by a friendly employee who gave me the AAA rate even though I was not a member. The room had a very odd smell, something I remember from my last stay as well- perhaps heavy chemicals to cover up the smell of smoke? The hot water took about 5 minutes to warm up and even then was only lukewarm. Absolutely no water pressure in the shower. My bed and pillow were comfy. The pullout couch was missing the majority of the springs which made for an uncomfortable night for the person who slept on it. We didn't discover the problem until 10 at night and that point we were too tired to switch rooms. The pool and hot tub seemed a bit dirty. Breakfast was bellow average for your typical 'hotel hot breakfast' in my opinion. I was turned off by two of the employees in the breakfast area get into a loud, verbal fight over a spilled tray. Very unprofessional and made myself, and I assume others uncomfortable. This property is average for the price, a few problems; but still an ok stay. I will probably look elsewhere next year when we are in Beckley, but often after a full day on the road it is easier to stick with something familiar (even when it is just ok)

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

I am so sorry that your stay was not enjoyable, please call me at 304-252-5100 or email at jsmith@hlihotels.com so I can personally address your concerns.

Reviewed 29 August 2013

clean room, restful décor, good breakfast, easy access from I-77.
breakfast crew a bit slow - the Belgian waffle batter ready 1 hour late (2 of 3 mornings), but excellent variety: stayed 3 nights and choices slightly different each morning. One day hot oatmeal, another day biscuits and gravy. had flatwear (not plastic!) and plates. Large, well-kept eating area. Enjoyed the coffee/tea available 24/7 just outside the breakfast room. would prefer if the indoor hot tub, not just the outdoor hot tub, also had the whirlpool jets. Reservation made on-line, but a little hard to get the appropriate room -- reservation defaulted to "handicapped" room, discovered (and changed) at front desk upon arrival. appreciated the separate countertop with refrigerator/microwave/coffee pot. bathroom had both a heat lamp AND exhaust fan; shower head easiest to adjust of all hotel rooms I have stayed in for the last several years.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. The staff and I are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and hope you will consider the Country Inn and Suites again if your ever going through Beckley in the future. Again, thank you for the nice comments, I will pass on to my staff at our monthly employee luncheon.

Safe travels,