“Great stay”

Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Beckley
Edwardsville, Illinois
“Great stay”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

This hotel was nice. Easy on and off the interstate. Pet friendly. Rooms were clean. Breakfast buffet was good. Only issue I had was that the smell of air fresh was overwhelming and triggered my allergies. I would recommend this property to anyone seeking a clean, economical, pet-friendly hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Jerry S, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Beckley, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
I am so sorry that our air freshener triggered your allergies. Please contact me at 304-252-5100 to discuss your stay. Thank you for the review!

Jerry Smith

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
WV
Reviewed 16 June 2014

We have stayed here quite a bit but over the last few years have chosen to stay elsewhere. This year for our conference my husband and I chose to stay here again because we got a good rate through Hotwire.

I was pleased to see that the rooms have been updates as well as the carpet in the hallways. Everything has a fresh new look. Although they have maintained a warm friendly appearance there is now a more modern (less country) feel to the place.

Things we didn't like:
~The water in our room never got hot. It was only warm enough for a quick shower but would have been very uncomfortable for a bath. This was not resolved during our stay.
~ Although our room had been updated the ceilings were in bad need of painting. I was please to see the 90's decor off the walls but the lack of anything on the walls wasn't so pleasing.
~Although the room was very clean when we arrived housekeeping was a little lacking during our stay. I love to come into my room to a well made bed and 2 of the 3 mornings it was not well made.

The additional space to the breakfast area and the new library/tv room is very nice! The flowers and outdoors is very well maintained. We sat on the porch one evening with friends and enjoyed a Summer rainstorm.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Thank you so much for the kind review. We are working very hard to complete our renovations, I am so pleased that you noticed. Hope to see you soon!

Safe Travels,

Shelbyville, Kentucky
Reviewed 14 June 2014

I travel to the Northern Neck of Virginia to see aging relatives about 4 or 5 times in a years and Beckley is my approximate half-way point. We have stayed a myriad of hotels in Beckley but now, we only stay here. The rooms are clean and comfortable and I believe that the Country Inn and Suite mattress is the best in the industry. I travel with my service dog and the staff always try to insure that we are on the first floor and near the side door for our convenience. The staff are friendly and accommodating (they have never even cringed at my request of the large number of extra pillows needed to prop my back) and allow me extra checkout time for my elderly mother. Breakfast is standard fare for a breakfast included hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for your review of the hotel. I will pass on your kind comments to our staff at our next employee luncheon. Again, thank you for staying!

Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

I typically like Country Inn and Suites because of the free breakfast and predictable rooms. This place was ok. The breakfast area was super crowded and they had few choices. We are headed back thru Beckley in a few days and will try the Holiday Inn instead. There was nothing blatantly wrong with our stay, it just didn't impress us much. Sorry!

Stayed June 2014
I am sorry that you stay did not live up to our expectations. Please contact me at 304-252-5100 so we can discuss your stay.

Buffalo, New York
Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

Traveling from Athens Georgia to Buffalo New York this was our first night stop. Coming in with a 17 foot U Haul and car in tow. the parking lot was difficult to navigate. Would suggest parking in the adjacent Cracker Barrel lot if you are in a similar situation.
We checked in with no problems and were upgraded to a jacuzzi suite, as they were swamped and needed the double beds we had reserved. The decor is straight from the 80's with hunter greens and wood trims, but the room was spacious and clean. After being in the truck for 10 hours this was a welcome respite, and the hot jacuzzi was perfect for Chip's back. The bed was extremely cosituation too.
When we checked in they said there was a strict no smoking and no pet policy, and there would be a $200 fine for breaking that policy. So we left our sweet little cat in the cab of the truck overnight to weather a horrible storm by herself.
In the morning after a standard but plentiful breakfast bar, we noticed several people walking out of their hotel rooms with their dogs... and they walked right past the front desk... so much for following the rules because the hotel staff didn't bat an eye.
Overall our stay was fine and it was very helpful to have the Cracker Barrel next door where we were able to get a late dinner. If just staying on a passing through we would recommend.

• Stayed June 2014
I am sorry that pet was not allowed to stay. We are a pet friendly hotel with limited rooms on ground floor, please contact me at 304-252-5100 so we can talk about this matter. Thank you for staying, we do appreciate your business.

Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

Went for a family trip. Easy (and early) check in. Nice, clean rooms - everything worked. Asked for extra towels and blankets and they were brought up quickly. FREE WiFi was easy to connect to. FREE breakfast was crowded but nice. Indoor pool and jacuzzi was well run, always had towels (seating was very nice but limited). Free coffee and snacks all day long. The only place I saw in Beckley I would stay at.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Jerry S, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Beckley, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
What a pleasant we to begin the day with a five star review of the property. Thank you so much for the kind review. I am very proud of the staff that takes care of this hotel, they are a hard working, kind staff, I am so lucky to have them. We look forward to you next stay if your travels come through Beckley, we will leave the light on.

Safe travels!

Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

Friendly staff from front desk to houskeepers. Clean rooms, comfortable beds. Large rooms with mini fridge. Okay breakfast, usual fair...eggs, sausage, cereal, sweet rolls. Close to several restaurants. Cracker Barrell next door. Large clean indoor/outdoorpool. Would stay here again.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review hotel, we do appreciate your honest comments and feedback. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay, and we look forward to your next visit. Again, thank you.