“A good overnight”

Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Beckley, WV
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Beckley
Reviewed 25 July 2014

We stayed one night on our way to North Carolina. This hotel was a very good value for the money. The room was very clean and had a good suite layout; sometimes even two people like to have a little privacy, and this room worked well to that end. Roomy bathroom, good mattresses, and quiet at night make it easy to get a good night's rest.

The breakfast was very good, and we especially liked having chunks of fresh fruit in addition to the usual better-than-average free fare. Lots of cookies at the front desk, too, along with bottled water in the morning. Definitely a family place; lots of folks seemed to enjoy the pool, although we did not check that out.

This is our first stay at a Country Inn. Very competitive offering with Holiday Inn Express. Would definitely check in here again in the future.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Jerry S, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Beckley, WV, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Thank you for the review of the hotel. I agree that we are a good value compared to the others brands that you could have chosen, we do appreciate you choosing us. The hotel is so much fun to work at, I do love the staff at this hotel, they are great! Hope to see you soon, again thank you for the review!

Jerry Smith

Write a ReviewReviews (1,176)

Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

We decided to come to the area to see a friend in the Hatfield and McCoy Outdoor Drama and in order to make it a relaxing trip, we chose to stay the night in Beckley. We had stayed at Country Inns in Asheville so it was nice to stay once again at their properties. Our stay was wonderful and the staff was very helpful. The room was clean and the breakfast was nice. We will stay again when traveling.

Stayed: July 2014

Thank you for visiting the Beckley area, we hope you enjoyed the show! The staff and I take pride in doing a good job, we are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 21 July 2014

After 9 hours of travelling by car, we arrived at the hotel on July 13 at 4pm and as we are parking, there people who are smoking in front of the hotel (right by the entrance). As we started to enter the hotel, we realized they are employees, they greeted us and said "Hi"... we went inside the hotel BUT there is no one at the reception area to greet us... we waited for about 20 mins and finally the two people who are smoking went inside - they both turned out to be the receptionists! One guy and one woman named Jaime. They apologize but we're not impressed at all. Jaime checked us in and went to our room which is a bit old but ok. I forgot my slippers and went back downstairs if they have complimentary slippers - they don't and did not really apologize that they do not have one. I was hoping that some smokers will be sensitive to non-smokers - even if they are not employees... they should not allow people to smoke right at the entrance of the hotel!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
CarlsonRezidor, Online Customer Support at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Beckley, WV, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

I am sorry to hear of your check in experience. We take the time to listen to your constructive comments so we can continually improve our services. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We hope for another opportunity to exceed your expectations!

Reviewed 20 July 2014

Everything about this hotel was excellent! Easily accessible location from the interstate. Close proximity to Tamarack. Adjacent to our favorite restaurant - Cracker Barrel. Park your car at the hotel and walk around the back to the restaurant immediately behind.

The room was impeccable, as was the entire motel. Beautifully decorated throughout. Huge pool. Wonderful breakfast. The breakfast room was crowded the morning we were there, so we took our food out to a table in the enclosed pool area. It was quiet and relaxing, to say the least.

Staff and service were efficient, knowledgable, friendly, and readily available. I don't believe you can find a better place to stay in this entire area. Great introduction to our vacation in West Virginia!

Room Tip: If you want to visit Tamarack, ask the staff how to get there via the "back" road. It'...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thank you so much for the wonderful review, it was a pleasure serving you during your visit. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay. The staff her are a good bunch of folks to work with, I am so proud. Again, thank you for the kind review, we hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed for a conference at the Beckley-Raleigh Conference Center. It is about a 15 minute drive with traffic. The staff are excellent. Always willing to help. It was clean and convenient. The breakfast is awesome... The hospitality.... Top of the line. Check it out! Totally recommend this place. The price is not too bad either.

Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank Andrea C
Jerry S, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Beckley, WV, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

If I ever needed good vibes on a Friday, today was the day. Thank you so much for the glowing review, we are so pleased you enjoyed your stay. I am so proud of the staff at this facility, they are truly the best people to work with, and they are so smart, and willing to provide that home away from home service we strive to perfect. I owe all the credit to them, truly amazing staff! Again, thank you for your review, you made my day! Hope to see you soon,

Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

This hotel is the best one in Beckley. It is super clean, the rooms are quiet and the pool is huge! I love the layout of the hotel and the location is perfect. It's a classy hotel. We stay here for weekend getaways.

• Stayed: March 2014
5  Thank CHarper15
Jerry S, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Beckley, WV, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Your review has made my day. I was on vacation last week and today is my first day back. It is such a good feeling to see such a wonderful review. I am proud of my team, they are the best. Wait till you see the new furniture, artwork, and lighting for all the guest rooms. We begin replacement at the end of July, hope to see you soon! Thank you for the kind review.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

We have always liked our stays at Country Inns & Suites but this one is exceptional. Would have thought it was brand new. Very clean. Staff very kind and attentive. We stayed in a king suite and it looked like a small apartment. Very impressive. Bed was exceptionally comfortable and breakfast delicious. Now we are trying to plan our next get away so that we are passing through Beckley to stay here. Our hats are off to you. An excellent facility!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mom2adkd

What a lovely review, thank you so much! Of all the hotels I have managed in my 20+ year career, this hotel is by far my favorite. The staff at this facility is awesome, they are good people who like to do good work. I am so proud of their spirit of hospitality. Thank you for the comments, I will share this with my crew at our next employee luncheon.

Safe travels.

Jerry Smith

Also consider these accommodations in or near Beckley
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Beckley
Comfort Inn Beckley
Comfort Inn Beckley
#7 of 14 in Beckley
The Resort at Glade Springs

Been to Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Beckley, WV? Share your experiences!