I gave this hotel 2 stars because of the lack of cleanliness.
Pros: Right off Interstate 64
Price (Room is small, no microwave, coffee maker, or fridge in rooms and breakfast was just cereal, but it does reflect in the low price)
Near shopping, a hospital, restaurants, gas, and attractions (Tamarack, Exhibition Coal Mines, New River Gorge, etc.)
Front Desk woman was knowledgeable about the area attractions
Beds were comfortable
Window can open a little and seat at window is comfortable
A/C was loud but worked very well
Cons: See pics.....
Smell - The non smoking 3rd floor reeked of cigarette smoke
Noise - I could here everything from the person snoring beside me to the conversations of the people in the parking lot
TV - An old Zenith "box" type
Light - The light cover above the bed was broken
Trash can in bathroom had a ripped bag
Sink had hair in it and around the sink was dirty (I cleaned it myself)
Floor of bathtub sunk in
If you have any breathing problems, avoid this hotel because even the non smoking floor stinks of smoke. It must be in the carpet. Maybe if they renovated the hotel and made the non smoking floor at the base level, it would help. Also, if you are a light sleeper, you will be miserable here. Do keep in mind it is no longer pet friendly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are no longer a pet friendly hotel. NO PETS ALLOWED ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Microtel Inn by Wyndham Beckley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Microtel Inn & Suites Beckley Hotel Beckley
- Microtel Inn And Suites Beckley
- Microtel Beckley
- Beckley Microtel
- Microtel Hotel Beckley