“Clean & Comfortable”

Baymont Inn & Suites Beckley
Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Beckley
Reviewed 29 October 2011

I recently stayed here twice because I liked how clean it was and how comfortable the beds were. Very nice place!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank leslaas
RON F, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Beckley, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2012

we appreciate you and your review..see ya soon

Reviewed 20 September 2011

I stayed two times since the refurbishing. The first time I was thrilled, the room was very nicely decorated and equipped. I was amazed at the quality of the room for the price of a bargain hotel. It didnt last though, the next time I went back, the rooms were still very nice but the price had been jacked up considerably. For 89.00 + Tax, there are nicer rooms in Beckley, just do some shopping around. If you need a place to crash though and you don't mind the slight premium on the rate, the new rooms are refreshing.

Room Tip: Aask for a newly refurbished room. I am not sure that all the rooms are completed.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank The_Waycasters
RON F, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Beckley, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2012

Reviewed 6 September 2011

I found the hotel to be decent. The rooms have recently been refurbished and I thought they looked quite nice for a Baymont. We checked for bed bugs and saw no signs of any. The front desk staff was polite and helpful. The bathroom had a tub along with the shower, but there was no fan for the bathroom, and if there was one, it didn't work. There was also a fridge in the room. I could not hear other guests. I thought the breakfast was ok - hard boiled eggs, Yoplait yogurt, mini danish, mini cake donuts, plain bagels and cream cheese, bread for toast, self-serve waffles, oatmeal packets and Raisin Bran and Rice Krispies (I believe that's everything). While I found this to be sufficient, others in my party did not. The lobby of the hotel does have a slightly religious theme, with items such as a Last Supper clock behind the desk.
Overall, the hotel was clean enough. I did find quite a few hairs stuck to towels and house cleaning didn't do that great of a job while we were out, but there was no visible dust, no rings (from cups) on the dresser or anything, and I do believe the towels had been washed.
I don't know how great of a value the hotel was. We called the hotel directly for a price, and paid $72/night, the same price as the Hampton right next door. There is dining right by the hotel as well (Wendy's is pretty much right in the parking lot), and it is across from a gas station, and immediately off the highway.
Oh, and the lighting in the bathroom was perfect for makeup, and there was a large mirror and lots of counter space.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
RON F, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Beckley, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2012

thnaks for the good review..please come again

Reviewed 6 August 2011

Upon entering this hotel, it looked to be very nice. It was HOT outside, but the lobby was very cool. The front desk employee was very friendly. We now know that he was probably just thrilled to be able to have someone pay for a room there!!! We got on the elevator and it wasn't cool at all. We didn't think much about that. We went to our room, and it was HOT!! We turned on the air conditioner (which at that point we should have just taken our stuff, gone downstairs and checked out immediatel). But since we had been traveling all day, we thought we would go get something to eat and maybe it would be cooler in the room when we got back. To call it cool would be untruthful, but we decided we could survive one night. At 12:30 a.m., there were people in the hall way talking and laughing and some kid had a flute of some kind that they were making noise with. I called the front desk and asked her to do something about the noise. She asked me, "what room are they in?" I said, "how do I know???? I'm in bed trying to sleep!!!!" She assured me she would take care of it. Well, I don't know what she calls "taking care of it", but she was worthless!!! Again, at 3:00 a.m., more noise. I wasn't about to bother Miss Congeniality again, so we just waited a little while hoping to get back to sleep. Finally, at 4:30 a.m. we decided to leave. Now, wouldn't you think if a patron was leaving your establishment at the time of night/morning, you would have the common courtesy to ask if something was wrong? Not her...she gave us our receipt, never said a word and out the door we went. I cannot stress strongly enough my warning to other travelers DO NOT stay at this so-called hotel.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sunfired_
RON F, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Beckley, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2012

please accept my apology...there is nothing i can say or do now,but please understand you stayed at what was park inn..since we have updated put in all new ac& heat. i will research the clerk you mention and give her a reminder guests are our business..please try the brand again

Reviewed 6 August 2011

The ad in the motel magazine said the property had recently been refurbished and from the look of things, new carpet and mattresses were major components.

Desk clerk was friendly and quite informative.

Pool is small and shallow, but one would not be going to a motel for lap practice or diving instruction. Just the right size for a few guests to cool off or soak after a long day driving.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Jim M

thanks for the good words spread it

Reviewed 1 February 2011

This hotel was very nice! It was well decorated in the lobby area and the rooms were nice as well. The staff was not bad and very helpful. They gave us extra amenities since me and my husband travelled with small children. The breakfast had a few varieties including danishes, donuts, two juices and bread, bagels, etc. The hallways were not as well lit as I wanted but the rooms were very spacious and clean. No beg bugs either!! The staff informed me that the hotel will receive a name change and some renovations, which is always a good thing. I would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank me_l0ve_2_travel

thank you..we welcome all come as guest and leave as family

Reviewed 26 March 2010

Room was supposed to be non smoking and it reaked of smoke. Sheets and pillows were old and appeared to be dirty. Furniture and carpeting was filthy. It was the only available room that we could get for that night as all other hotel rooms were booked. I told the manager and he gave me spray for the room which did not work. My wife put towels over the pillows which were as flat as the bed and we still couldn't sleep. Additional pillows could not be found in the room. The next day I talked to the manager and he did reduce the price by half. This was nice but I will never go back there again. I would rather sleep in my car.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple

so sorry that your stay was not up to par, but please tell someone on staff the mintute you ahve aproblem and we posssibly fix it then please try us again