“Pleasantly surprised, we were.”

Baymont Inn & Suites Beckley
Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Beckley
Reviewed 1 May 2012

The place was clean, had granite countertops, just lovely. We looked at the Microtel Inn and yuck, it was so unclean and the lobby was bad, so then we marched over to Baymont and it was perfect !!!!

Room Tip: rooms by the parking lot are quieter than the freeway side.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Kiki0412
RON F, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Beckley, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2012

we certainly appreciate your review and hope to see you soon thanks for choosing baymont

There are newer reviews for Baymont Inn & Suites Beckley

Reviewed 6 April 2012

We really enjoyed our stay at Baymont Inn & Suites. It was very clean and nice for our family for the evening. What made the stay the best was the outstanding service that we recieved. Ron was very professional and extremely friendly. I can find a clean hotel anywhere but Ron will keep us coming back to Baymont in the future. Thank you so much and we will see you again.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Heather P
RON F, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Beckley, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2012

you are welcome in more than one way..see next time ron

Reviewed 12 March 2012

After driving 16 hours from Flordia's Gulf Coast on our way back home to PA we decided to stop here for the night & get some much needed rest. We were traveling with a 4 year old, 1 year old & my inlaws. Staying here was our biggest mistake ever. Even though it was only an over night stay, just a place to rest our heads it was much too long of a stay. Our rooms were like Florida in August. I swear they were atleast 85 degrees +. The more we turned up the AC the hotter the rooms seemed to get. We were all so tired, not to mention the kids would have never gotten back into the car to save a soul that night. So, we decided to stay. There was so much noise coming from the hall way.It was hard to sleep with the noise & the heat.
The next morning while moving our things from the room we saw the maid in the hallway & she said that our room was one of the hottest rooms she had been in & told us that the AC was broken & that the hotel staff knew that. Upon check out we told the receptionist & asked to speak with the manager, she proceded to tell us that he was not there but gave us his card & schedule.
After returning home a few days later I called & spoke with the manager who then told me he would look into the situation & call me back. However, it was Labor Day weekend & he wasn't sure how many days it would take to get back to me. Needless to say it's been 7 months now & I have not heard back from him.....

Room Tip: I would not reccomend staying here unless it was the middle of January during a sub zero snow storm...
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
RON F, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Beckley, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2012

please allow me to apologize for not answering quicker..it must have skipped my mind, i did the research and saw that we had given a disount but failed to call ya bvack...however all new units ac-heat have been placed in most rooms

Reviewed 29 October 2011

I recently stayed here twice because I liked how clean it was and how comfortable the beds were. Very nice place!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank leslaas
RON F, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Beckley, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2012

we appreciate you and your review..see ya soon

Reviewed 20 September 2011

I stayed two times since the refurbishing. The first time I was thrilled, the room was very nicely decorated and equipped. I was amazed at the quality of the room for the price of a bargain hotel. It didnt last though, the next time I went back, the rooms were still very nice but the price had been jacked up considerably. For 89.00 + Tax, there are nicer rooms in Beckley, just do some shopping around. If you need a place to crash though and you don't mind the slight premium on the rate, the new rooms are refreshing.

Room Tip: Aask for a newly refurbished room. I am not sure that all the rooms are completed.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank The_Waycasters
RON F, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Beckley, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2012

Reviewed 6 September 2011

I found the hotel to be decent. The rooms have recently been refurbished and I thought they looked quite nice for a Baymont. We checked for bed bugs and saw no signs of any. The front desk staff was polite and helpful. The bathroom had a tub along with the shower, but there was no fan for the bathroom, and if there was one, it didn't work. There was also a fridge in the room. I could not hear other guests. I thought the breakfast was ok - hard boiled eggs, Yoplait yogurt, mini danish, mini cake donuts, plain bagels and cream cheese, bread for toast, self-serve waffles, oatmeal packets and Raisin Bran and Rice Krispies (I believe that's everything). While I found this to be sufficient, others in my party did not. The lobby of the hotel does have a slightly religious theme, with items such as a Last Supper clock behind the desk.
Overall, the hotel was clean enough. I did find quite a few hairs stuck to towels and house cleaning didn't do that great of a job while we were out, but there was no visible dust, no rings (from cups) on the dresser or anything, and I do believe the towels had been washed.
I don't know how great of a value the hotel was. We called the hotel directly for a price, and paid $72/night, the same price as the Hampton right next door. There is dining right by the hotel as well (Wendy's is pretty much right in the parking lot), and it is across from a gas station, and immediately off the highway.
Oh, and the lighting in the bathroom was perfect for makeup, and there was a large mirror and lots of counter space.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family

thnaks for the good review..please come again

Reviewed 6 August 2011

Upon entering this hotel, it looked to be very nice. It was HOT outside, but the lobby was very cool. The front desk employee was very friendly. We now know that he was probably just thrilled to be able to have someone pay for a room there!!! We got on the elevator and it wasn't cool at all. We didn't think much about that. We went to our room, and it was HOT!! We turned on the air conditioner (which at that point we should have just taken our stuff, gone downstairs and checked out immediatel). But since we had been traveling all day, we thought we would go get something to eat and maybe it would be cooler in the room when we got back. To call it cool would be untruthful, but we decided we could survive one night. At 12:30 a.m., there were people in the hall way talking and laughing and some kid had a flute of some kind that they were making noise with. I called the front desk and asked her to do something about the noise. She asked me, "what room are they in?" I said, "how do I know???? I'm in bed trying to sleep!!!!" She assured me she would take care of it. Well, I don't know what she calls "taking care of it", but she was worthless!!! Again, at 3:00 a.m., more noise. I wasn't about to bother Miss Congeniality again, so we just waited a little while hoping to get back to sleep. Finally, at 4:30 a.m. we decided to leave. Now, wouldn't you think if a patron was leaving your establishment at the time of night/morning, you would have the common courtesy to ask if something was wrong? Not her...she gave us our receipt, never said a word and out the door we went. I cannot stress strongly enough my warning to other travelers DO NOT stay at this so-called hotel.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sunfired_

please accept my apology...there is nothing i can say or do now,but please understand you stayed at what was park inn..since we have updated put in all new ac& heat. i will research the clerk you mention and give her a reminder guests are our business..please try the brand again