Hoo boy. This is going to be a kind of strange review, but bear with me.
My family booked two nights at this hotel, July 29 and 30th. The room I was put into(along with two other family members) was a king suite with a sleeper sofa. The room was okay, although the carpet was a bit worn. Around bedtime, with the other two senior citizens in my party already settled in for the night, I discovered that the sleeper sofa only had a twin mattress. Not only that, but the mattress was exceptionally thin, making it easy to feel the support bars through the mattress. Rather than switch rooms as such a late hour, I decided to try to tough it out for a night on this "bed". BIG MISTAKE. I was only able to catch about four and a half hours sleep and woke up with a back so stiff and sore that I couldn't go back to sleep.
For the second night, we requested a move to a room with two queen beds. This room was much better! The queen beds were very comfortable and the room seemed to be in a bit better repair.
A very strange aspect of this hotel is that there is only smoking allowed in four rooms. All of these are located at one end of the third floor. However, the smell of smoke hangs in the entire hallway on this floor. Seems kind of half baked to me, either have a whole floor of smoking rooms or just ban it altogether.
Also strange is that none of the bathrooms in the hotel have working fans. According to the desk staff, apparently they were taken out during the most recent renovation. Why would these very standard bathroom features be taken out?
A couple of more positives are worth mentioning. All of the staff we encountered, from management and desk staff to housekeeping were all very friendly. Also, the hotel is in a good location near the Interstate and various restaurants.
Overall, an okay hotel. Not overly great or overly terrible.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Baymont Inn & Suites of Beckley, WV, will provide you with the comforts of home, for a great value. Whether traveling on business or leisure you will find ideal accommodations, Free Wireless Internet Access, Free continental Breakfast, in room coffee makers, Cable TV, hair dryers, microwaves and refrigerators, are a few of the amenities that are offered. We are easy access off Interstate 64/77 at exit 44 and have several nearby restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Baymont Inn & Suites Beckley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Baymont Inn And Suites Beckley
- Baymont Inn & Suites Beckley Hotel Beckley
- Park Inn Beckley