“Jonesin' for a better review. . . and you got it!”
Review of Jonesin' For a Good Sandwich - CLOSED

Jonesin' For a Good Sandwich
Cuisines: American
Scarbro, West Virginia
“Jonesin' for a better review. . . and you got it!”
Reviewed 23 August 2013

This past week my colleague and I tried this local eatery on N. Eisenhower Drive for a second time. I got the boneless baby back rib sandwich combination (included homemade chips and sweet tea).

The sandwich was on a kaiser bun, and it was very good. The Memphis-style rib meat was tender and full flavored. The kaiser bun was fresh and large and still barely contained all that delicious pork. The homemade chips were crisp, flavorful and had just the right amount of saltiness. The only downside to this combination platter was the iced tea. I expected to get homemade sweet tea, but this batch of tea definitely had potassium sorbate or some other preservative (like the kind of sweet tea you find in the dairy case). This may be a small thing for some people, but for a real connoisseur of sweet tea, it makes a difference to me!

Still, all in all, this was a very good meal--filling, robust and well worth the short hop across town. Beware! Parking is limited (in fact, very limited) and once recently we tried to eat lunch there and the delivery truck had the entire parking lot blocked!

• Visited August 2013

Scarbro, West Virginia
“Not much atmosphere, but a good sandwich”
Reviewed 4 June 2013

Décor: Strange--like someone's leftover furniture--very few, but large dining room-type tables. The waitress was attired in an oversized tee shirt and low rider jeans. As she left our table, I saw her grab the back of her tee shirt and stuff it down into the crack of her butt (no joke). She also had scabs on her arms, which bothered me. Should we have walked out? Maybe, but my companion really wanted to try that deep fried turkey sandwich, and she loved it. I did manage to finish my pulled pork BBQ sandwich, even though it was a North Carolina BBQ pork and not Memphis (sloppy BBQ sauce) type--which is my favorite. Still, my sandwich was very good and they are very generous sandwiches--$7.99 each with a 20 oz. drink and homemade chips.

Would I go back? Not really excited about it, but it was a good sandwich. The waitress was very nice--just a little crude with her attire. Oh, and I gentleman came for carry-out and practically had to sit with us at our table while he waited for his order. Very small place without much room for carryout orders.

• Visited May 2013
Daniels, West Virginia
“Good made to order sandwiches!”
Reviewed 31 May 2013 via mobile

Looks like the bulk of their business is takeaway. However, the interior is nice for a sandwich spot. Service was good. Can't wait to try the next one on the menu.

• Visited May 2013