“Relaxing luxury in a 1924 stone mansion”
Review of The Ambrosia Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Beckley
The Ambrosia Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Beckley B&B and Inns
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Relaxing luxury in a 1924 stone mansion”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

The owner greeted us when we drove through a narrow gate up to a stone mansion on almost 3 acres overlooking the town in the distance. We were the only guests and had the house to ourselves the whole evening. The suite was beautiful, upgraded perhaps in the 60s, but hardwood floors, tall kingsize bed, beautifully tiled bathroom opening onto a tile and stone second floor porch. We so enjoyed sipping a drink on the porch, and later I watched the stars from a chaise lounge with little ambient light. The next morning we enjoyed several cups from the Kuerig in the parlor outside our room and were greeted by the friendly and outgoing Bea, a calico cat, who also accompanied us to breakfast. Sawson, the gourmet cook-owner, had asked about food allergies and fixed my wife gluten-free bread and even waffles and then shared the recipe. This is a wonderfully relaxing place that we hope to return to.

Room Tip: The suite is so roomy and luxurious, but the other two available rooms each have their own bathroom...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Mack M

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Delaware, Ohio
Reviewed 28 May 2014

If you need somewhere clean, quiet and relaxing to stay, you can't go wrong here. I was traveling from Ohio to Virginia to see my mother in the hospital, so I wanted somewhere nice to stay midway. Sawsan made me, a solo traveler, feel very comfortable. I stayed there twice, once on the way down, and then again on my return to Ohio. It was a trying time for me, but staying here gave me the rest and renewal that I needed before heading back on the road. I got a great sleep, a tasty and healthy breakfast, and some very delicious coffee. I stayed in the Sage Room, which was very beautiful, just like the rest of the inn and the outdoor space. The Ambrosia Inn is a very warm and inviting place, and I felt very well taken care of there.

Room Tip: The Sage Room is very spacious and has a big outdoor space right off the bathroom. It is a very nice...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank 980ClaudiaS
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Our stay at the Ambrosia Inn was a very relaxing and delightful experience. We had to leave early but was prepared an extremely delicious box chalked full healthy muffins, cheese, juices, nuts and more for us to enjoy while on the road.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Skychief1949
Morgantown, West Virginia
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Stayed at the Inn unexpectedly; decided not to drive all the way to my home in Morgantown and instead take a little respite from my drive. I loved the property, extremely clean. The owner and chef was a lovely woman who was very accomodating to me, friendly, professional. I had a relaxing experience and particularly enjoyed that there are a few friendly house cats that are there if you want to love on them but are not pesky. I would highly recommend this B&B.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Pamela K
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 7 April 2014

We arrived late March and after a long cold WV winter, very little was in bloom but the property is expansive and one can imagine staying longer in warmer weather. The home is grand and inviting with great character. We stayed one night in the Sage Rose room with ensuite, very comfortable and clean. Chef Sawsan was delightful and attentive, as well as being a talented artist and chef. She sent us on our way the next morning, after a hearty breakfast, with a bag full of fresh muffins for our final destination to North Carolina. Very yummy and thoughtful, thank you Sawsan.
We love cats but anyone with allergies might have a concern, there are three.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank HappyCamperz2
Reviewed 17 February 2014

I slept in the Rose room and the bed was great. The rooms are very spacious and Chef Sawsan is VERY talented. The food is great and the service is great as well. The property is beautiful as well so if you dont feel like leaving you can enjoy the wide open spaces of the property.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank chiprollins
Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed 15 January 2014

We had the pleasure of staying at the Ambrosia Inn for two nights. It was our first bed and breakfast so we didn’t know what to expect but we were delightfully surprised. We stayed in the Sage Blossom Suite which was very spacious. It had a bathroom (tub and shower included) inside the suite. The bed was like sleeping on a cloud, our bodies molded to the bed. The real treat was breakfast in the morning. This was breakfast for kings (and Queens). Tea, biscuits, muffins and fruit on fine china; eggs of our choosing with potatoes, carrots, avocado, toast with homemade jam. We are “foodies” and this was by far the best meal we’ve ever had.

The Inn was very clean, and safe. There are only three rooms so it never feels too crowded and Chef Swansan Galal was very hospitable.

We enjoyed talking with Chef Swansan she even had great recommendations for lunch in the area. She did a great job of hosting, there were chocolates, beverages and even a coffee/tea maker upstairs near the bedrooms for our connivence. If anything this trip felt more like we were in the comfort of our own home than at a hotel.

Room Tip: Stay in the Sage Blossom Suite, it’s the most spacious room and the bathroom and room are combined f...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple