“Overnight Stay”

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Beckley
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Beckley
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

My family spent the night at this place after 12 hours of driving from Florida. The rooms were spacious and clean and the staff were friendly. I can only think of 3 negatives. First, the floors seem to be made from wood rather then concrete because we could hear every footstep from the room above us. This doesn't make for a good night of sleep. Second, there was a light mounted outside of our window and the curtains wouldn't close so light shined into our room all night long. Third, the hostess at their resteraunt which was pulling double duty as our waitress was forgetful. We had to ask her more then once for water and silverware. She was nice but clearly needed help, or additional training.

• Stayed: June 2014

Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

Not sure what all the buzz hype is about this place. It is a clean place in a good location. Close enough to I-77 to be convenient but far enough so you don't hear the highway noise. The hotel itself is loud. From your room you can hear everybody in the hallway and in the rooms above. AND as with most H-I Hotels the bed and pillow are cheap and uncomfortable.

Stayed: June 2014
Jay W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Beckley, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Dear Whammie787,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. You are right, there is quite a buzz about our property and our guest are very satisfied which makes us the number 1 rated hotel in Beckley. Our pillow and mattresses quality is dictated by the Holiday Inn Brand and I assure you are very good quality. Our pillows with choice of soft or firm right on the bed are all brand new and our mattresses are Serta Perfect Sleeper brand. I am sorry that you weren't completely satisfied with your stay as that is our goal for each and every guest. Please reach out to me at jwilliams@hlihotels.com. and I would be happy to discuss it with your further.

Thanks again,
JW-GM

Reviewed 13 May 2014

We decided to meet family members traveling from N.Carolina here for mothers day weekend. Looked at MANY places in Beckley and chose this hotel mostly because of it's outstanding rating as well as the price of the suite whereas we could all be together in the same room. Two queen beds in the bedroom, small living room to gather, etc. Microwave, refrig were most welcome. We needed more towels and the front desk offered them up without question. The pool was too cold for this gramma to get in, but the kids and grandkid did enjoy. Already looking forward to next year! We had dinner in the restaurant the first night. Somewhat slow, but the food was excellent!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Patti M
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Heading home from FL to MI we decided Beckley would be a good place & we were right. We stayed 2 nights. The staff were very helpful, lending me a broom to help clean my car and allowing me to salt around it. The room was comfy and we spent a relaxing day before resuming our trip.

Room Tip: We chose a room with a microwave and fridge so we could stop to pick up things for breakfast since t...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

Best bet in beckley - nice pool, clean rooms - better than expected. Free coffee is nice and strong - glad we stopped here. Don't miss the coal exhibition if you are traveling with kids- great staff and a nice pit stop on an are we there yet road trip

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 14 April 2014

I have stayed at this hotel a couple of times and overall liked the hotel but had a poor experience in the restaurant (especially during breakfast). I am pleased to say that I was served quickly and efficiently. The food was good and my needs were met.

The hotel continues to be clean with comfortable rooms. It is very conveniently located near the back entrance to the Tamarack. I recommend it highly for travelers who will be staying in the Beckley area.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Heidicphq
Reviewed 10 April 2014

I chose this hotel because research showed it was in the nicest area with the most restaurants and amenities close to Winterplace Ski Resort. Rooms and common areas were clean and up to date, spacious, and comfortable. The pool and hot tub area were very nice, largest hot tub I've seen! Staff members were friendly, courteous, and professional. The "Gas Card" package is the way to go!!! I paid approximately $5 more/night for the room, but got $50 in Shell gift cards, which more than covered our fuel for the entire trip. There are lots of restaurants, a nice supermarket, and Tamarack, one of West Virginia's treasures, all on the same exit as this hotel, excellent location. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends