“A Tucked-Away Treat!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Berkeley Springs
Manor Inn Bed & Breakfast
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Nestled up a hill from the main drag in Berkeley Springs, this charming B&B is not just distinguished by its architecture (2nd Empire Victorian and on the National Register) but by the warmth and generosity of its hosts, Ellen & Wesley. Our accommodations were lovely. We stayed in the front room, which was nicely appointed. The couple, which has owned the B&B for 12 years, takes pleasure in the smallest of touches, such as the Lindt chocolates left for us on the antique dresser (where I left my earrings after checkout and which the hosts recovered and called me about). Breakfast, which my husband and I rarely eat, was a true indulgence. Ellen, an award-winning cook, made her signature oatmeal/blueberry/banana muffins and served them with homemade banana butter and a bowl of fresh fruit and yogurt. While we thought that surely was sufficient, Ellen clearly did not. The first course was followed by a sensational baked egg dish served with local sausage and bacon and delectable sauteed sweet potatoes. Curious about the B&B and what Berkeley Springs had to offer, my husband and I peppered Ellen & Wesley with questions. They responded with great enthusiasm and we spent the better part of an hour savoring a second (and third) cup of coffee (for me) and tea (for everyone else) and enjoying each other's company. Although checkout was at 11am, when Ellen and Wesley learned that I had to take part in a conference call much later in the afternoon, they invited me to take the call on their porch (which has great cell phone reception, compared to the state park, where we were meeting friends for the bulk of the day). Count my husband and me among the many Manor Inn B&B enthusiasts.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Manor Inn Bed & Breakfast

Reviewed 29 July 2014

meeting a college roommate for a short weekend trip turned out to be a most enjoyable day of memories both at the manor and around town. playing scrabble in the parlor while listening to old records was a highlight! wesley and ellen are a treat—we will be back!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 July 2014

My wife and I were suffering from "Empty Nest Syndrome". We needed to rekindle our relationship as it was just the two of us now. I expressed this to Ellen, the hostess. Ellen & her husband Wesley sat and talked with us for over three hours after an excellent homemade breakfast. Their sensitivity, compassion, understanding and wisdom came shining through. They truly are a remarkable couple. The Manor Inn Bed & Breakfast is exemplary. The Inn is immaculate, tastefully decorated and well maintained. My wife kept finding little "jewels" all around us, yet there was not a sign of clutter. Our only regret is that we had not discovered the Manor Inn sooner. We will surely return.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank gspizler
Reviewed 17 June 2014

My partner and I stayed at the Manor Inn for a weekend. We chose the suite because of the Jacuzzi. The water comes from the mineral springs itself. Our hosts, Ellen and Wesley are two cute couple. Be sure to also chill by the bench facing the fountain in front of the manor. It is very peaceful and tranquil. Their porch area is beautifully decorated as well.

Breakfast was a combination of healthy and delicious. Ellen and Wesley prepares the food themselves. They also have good selections of teas and great coffee.

The Manor Inn is just less than 10 minutes walk to Tari's, Berkeley Springs State Park, and many shops. We enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: The suite has a mineral spring Jacuzzi
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Ameriechan
Reviewed 2 June 2014

We spent the Memorial Day weekend at the Manor Inn for the second consecutive year. It was as great as it was the first time. Ellen and Wesley are such great hosts and look after every detail. The suite was nice and quiet. We will be back again!

Room Tip: All the rooms are good, you can't go wrong.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rick F
Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

We just spent our wedding night here on May 3, and it was absolutely the best experience ever. Then we rearranged our trip so we ended at the Manor Inn as well. Ellen is warm, nurturing, and thoughtful as a hostess and person. Her cooking is out of this world. Wesley is just as lovely a person and host. The love is in the details...tiny vases of fresh flowers, cold water to take up to bed, yummy tea at breakfast, an adorable chalkboard welcome. They are a fabulous team and couple. Truly blessed and a blessing. The house is GORGEOUS and very homey. You will leave feeling better than ever and asking only when can I come back?

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank issyndj
Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at this lovely B&B for our first anniversary. The owners are very warm and friendly. They went out of their way to help plan our special day. We stayed in the suite and enjoyed the whirlpool and lounge. We can't wait to return!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Maya G
Also consider these accommodations in or near Berkeley Springs
The Country Inn of Berkeley Springs
The Country Inn of Berkeley Spri...
#2 of 4 in Berkeley Springs
Cacapon Resort State Park
Cacapon Resort State Park
#3 of 4 in Berkeley Springs
Best Western Berkeley Springs Inn
Best Western Berkeley Springs In...
#1 of 4 in Berkeley Springs
#2 of 14 in Martinsburg
Comfort Inn Aikens Center
Comfort Inn Aikens Center
#3 of 14 in Martinsburg

Been to Manor Inn Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!