“Great price and place!!!”

Berkeley Springs Motel
Wilson, North Carolina
“Great price and place!!!”
Reviewed 30 August 2013

erkeley Springs Motel is veryeasonably priced alternative to the bed and breakfasts. It is clean and it's located right in town. They also have fast wi-fi which is free of cost. We stayed multiple nights and didn't have any problems. People are very friendly and very help. Room was really clean, and was greatly really happy with the service that they provided me with.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tracy M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 9 July 2013

If you are looking for a place to stay in Berkeley Springs then you have likely noticed there aren't many options and most of what you will find is very high-end and expensive. Berkeley Springs Motel is your reasonably priced alternative to the bed and breakfasts. Yes, it is older and it isn't fancy but it is clean and it's located right in town. They also have fast wi-fi. We stayed multiple nights and didn't have any problems. We are, however, self sufficient so we weren't bothered by the fact that they don't provide towels or shampoo or a coffee maker.

Room Tip: we asked to see our room first and i suggest you do the same...some are nicer than others
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank I T
Apex, NC
Reviewed 18 April 2013

The room was relatively clean. The bed was comfortable. The office was closed and I had to ring the bell for checking in and out. It was slow. The office smelled of incense which isn't automatically a write off, but this was. There was a note in the fridge telling me what time I could get ice. Had to plug in the mini-fridge and wait for it to get cold. Fortunately I carry an extension cord because there was no place to plug in my computer or my phone charger. This was a house hunting trip and I checked out this motel because they allow pets and I might need a place to stay with my cat while I'm buying my house. I won't consider it.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 13 April 2013

You get what you pay for. Old rooms. Dirty linens. Bugs. And the owner and his daughter are RUDE. Tried to get our money back after 3 hours and they just wanted to argue. Skip it at all costs. This place is not worthy of the charm of Berkeley Springs. Shop keepers and other hospitality was excellent. Stick with the locally-owned businesses!

• Stayed April 2013
2 Thank ustraveler3574
Wilson, North Carolina
Reviewed 23 December 2012

it was the comforts of home away from home had fresh new linens on the bed, staff was great, room looked and smelled great. have to say the housekeepers do a great job. The other hotels were too high priced for a quick stay..We were impressed with the one story lay out and could get our luggage in and out of the room quickly and easily.The desk clerk was fast and friendly and informed me about that the WIFI is free at the motel. I am very pleased with the service we received, the facilities and the price. Price: One of the cheapest in the area and well worth the price. the great thing about the motel is that its pet friendly.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Tracy M
Gaithersburg, Maryland
Reviewed 1 April 2012

I come to Berkeley Springs every weekend to see my boyfriend. Usually we stay at the Best Western. Last week money was tight so we decided to try the Motel. It was a spur of the moment trip up. We got there after 11pm. The owners were nice as could be, and it was obvious we had woken them up. The room was small and could use some renovations, BUT it was clean, comfy and had what we needed. At the best western it costs more for a fridge and microwave. The motel had it in our room and the room was $30 less. We had the best nights sleep. The bed was comfy. It felt like home not being in a hotel. Like I said, it could use some renovations but for the price its accecptable.

• Stayed March 2012
5 Thank CWDK
Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed 21 December 2010

My husband and I were very excited to check out Berkeley springs, but it ended with horrible choice from the point we entered Berkeley springs Motel. None of rooms were clean when we got there, front desk girl was calling someone to clean the room. We had to wait till she figured out which room we can get. My husband came said, she upgraded our room to king from queen size. The room was tiny didn't look anything like picture, dark and freezing. I tried to get hot water from the sink and no hot water. We called her and she came with fan and said " It will warm up, this room wasn't used for months." As soon as we heard that comment, we wanted to leave and didn't want to touch anything in the room. We went out bought cheap blanket and cover up bed to sleep. Also, bathroom was tiny. I am 5'5'' about 125lb and I had to suck my stomach in to sit on toilet. When I sat on toilet literally my face could touch the sink. Also, towels were stained and DIRTY. Will never never go back. The only reason, we picked this place cuz we had to bring out dogs with us. By the way, people were not very friendly in this town. Berkeley springs motel is across from the municipal building. And they have small grass area not like Berkeley spring state bath house, there was no sign saying dogs are not allowed no sign what so ever. So we took our dogs for walk and cleaned after them. One mean white guy came out yelling at us don't let your dogs this area take them to behind the motel whatever, we have k9 here. What the heck! If that ground belongs to city then it is public area and if you don't want some other people dogs in, put the sign on!!! dont yell at tourist! I have no desire to spend any penny on this town from now on. This is town pretty much live on tourists money and treating trourist that way eventually the bussiness will go down. Seriously disappointed. BTW there are nothing to do in this town beside bath. pretty much dead town.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank whitty82
Also consider these accommodations in or near Berkeley Springs
The Country Inn of Berkeley Springs
The Country Inn of Berkeley Spri...
#1 of 4 in Berkeley Springs
Cacapon Resort State Park
Cacapon Resort State Park
#3 of 4 in Berkeley Springs
BEST WESTERN Berkeley Springs Inn
BEST WESTERN Berkeley Springs In...
#2 of 4 in Berkeley Springs
Americas Best Value Inn
Americas Best Value Inn
#2 of 2 in Hancock
Super 8 Hancock MD
Super 8 Hancock MD
#1 of 2 in Hancock

Been to Berkeley Springs Motel? Share your experiences!