Berkeley Springs Motel
Best Western Berkeley Springs Inn(Berkeley Springs)(Great Value!)
US$104
Travelocity
The Country Inn of Berkeley Springs(Berkeley Springs)(Great Value!)
US$134
US$127
Cacapon Resort State Park(Berkeley Springs)(Great Value!)
US$92
US$109
Hotels.com
US$71
US$67
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 November 2013

This hotel is not as bad as everyone states it to be. The location is fantastic. It was so nice walking everywhere. The unit was clean and they allow pets. I do not expect the Ritz Carlton for the price of this hotel. We were very happy with our stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 August 2013

II would like to start of by saying that I used to work in the hospitality business and there are some basic standards which go across the board whether one stays in a motel or a 5 star resort. I am not a diva by any means and I an fine in any accommodation as long as guest safety and cleanliness is a priority.

We chose the Berkeley Springs Motel because of the price and the fact that they allow pets for a small fee. We were staying overnight as I was working the Festival of Light in 2012. I was pregnant at the time and it would have been uncomfortable to make the trip for two days in a row.

When we checked in, the gentleman was nice, but spoke almost no English which was frustrating.

Outside our room, there were discarded chicken bones either from the guests, or the owners, feeding the feral cats outside. Disgusting and dangerous for our dogs.

The first thing in the room I noticed was the way the TV, Microwave and Refrigerator were set up. They were all unplugged, and the only way to get them working was to use an old funky extension cord that appeared that appeared to be from the 1970's. The coffee pot was useless because there was no coffee, tea or anything to use it with.

Later on that night, I noticed there was no smoke detector. I tried to let the gentleman know that the smoke detector was missing. All he said was "yes.. Yes.." I don't think he understand a word I said. I did not sleep well because if it. I kept imagining the smoker woman next door falling asleep with a cigarette in her mouth and burning the place down.

The Pros: The room was clean enough and the bathroom was also clean. The shower was nice and had great water pressure. If you want coffee and a bite to eat, there is a 7-Eleven around the corner. It is right in the heart of Berkeley Springs. The location couldn't be better. It is in walking distance to all of the attractions.

This year, I am not staying there. I will make the trip back and out as that room costs as much as gas to get there and back for 2 days. I think if the owners just took a little time to make sure the rooms were up to standard code-wise, noticed little things (like the coffee pot issue.. Just remove it, if you are not going to supply stuff to go with it.) and cleaned up the outside area, the Berkeley Springs Motel would be a nice affordable stay.

Room Tip: Bring a smoke detector.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Melody B
Reviewed 30 August 2013

erkeley Springs Motel is veryeasonably priced alternative to the bed and breakfasts. It is clean and it's located right in town. They also have fast wi-fi which is free of cost. We stayed multiple nights and didn't have any problems. People are very friendly and very help. Room was really clean, and was greatly really happy with the service that they provided me with.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tracy M
Reviewed 9 July 2013

If you are looking for a place to stay in Berkeley Springs then you have likely noticed there aren't many options and most of what you will find is very high-end and expensive. Berkeley Springs Motel is your reasonably priced alternative to the bed and breakfasts. Yes, it is older and it isn't fancy but it is clean and it's located right in town. They also have fast wi-fi. We stayed multiple nights and didn't have any problems. We are, however, self sufficient so we weren't bothered by the fact that they don't provide towels or shampoo or a coffee maker.

Room Tip: we asked to see our room first and i suggest you do the same...some are nicer than others
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank I T
Reviewed 18 April 2013

The room was relatively clean. The bed was comfortable. The office was closed and I had to ring the bell for checking in and out. It was slow. The office smelled of incense which isn't automatically a write off, but this was. There was a note in the fridge telling me what time I could get ice. Had to plug in the mini-fridge and wait for it to get cold. Fortunately I carry an extension cord because there was no place to plug in my computer or my phone charger. This was a house hunting trip and I checked out this motel because they allow pets and I might need a place to stay with my cat while I'm buying my house. I won't consider it.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo