All reviewsroman catholicstate parkpegspiritualmatters
Reviewed 13 July 2017

The food in the restaurant is mediocre at best. The service is terrible, and the prices are high. There are so many other better places to eat in town, no need to go here. I've not stayed overnight, but if the restaurant is any reflection of the acomodations, don't bother

Room Tip: Go to another hotel
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 April 2017

My party entered the restaurant as two other couples were finishing up. We were then alone in the restaurant. My party consistent of three. I have a sensitivity to pepper so I always inquire about that before ordering and was assured nothing was heavily seasoned. We placed our order and waited. We had placed an order for soup so the expectation was it would be brought out quickly. After fifteen minutes it still had not arrived. When it did finally arrive, it tasted like the pepper shaker had fallen into it and the soup tasted "old". We again waited for the rest of our meal. Mind you there was no one else in the restaurant. After over 25 minutes, our food arrived. The french fries tasted like the oil was rancid. My rubuen which was 8$ looked like two pieces of toast with a piece of meat on it and crushed chips next to it. We refused to eat the meal, complained and left the restaurant.

Stayed: April 2017
Reviewed 28 March 2017 via mobile

Went for dinner at 7:30 but to our disappointment they closed early because of no business, with No note on the door, so I called an left a message, Pat did call the next day explaining to save cost she closed, of which we understand.... so we went back to our hotel The Country Inn and had a fabulous anniversary dinner. Call first!

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Linda G
Reviewed 5 October 2016 via mobile

I stay here everytime I come to town which is about 3 times a year. It's clean and cozy. I'm always treated like family by the staff. Peg is a wonderful lady. The decor is "different" and can be a little overwhelming at first if you're not a terribly religious person, but it grows on you and is never pushed down your throat. Breakfast is included with your stay. The food is always great. Mindy, who works in the kitchen is a great person. And Mario, the dining room attendant is wonderful. I love staying here. The place has character!

Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 August 2015

We have stayed at this Inn a few times over the past several years and have always enjoyed it. We stayed again this past weekend.

The Inn is an easy walk and just about 2 blocks away for the State Park and Springs. The rooms are large and comfortable and quiet. The atmoshere is very relaxing and creates a great sense of peacefulness. The breakfast is good and the service very friendly. Peg, the owner and her staff, go out of their way to make you feel at home in this Inn that has a spiritual aura to it.

Room Tip: Upper levels, Gabriel Room is very nice, roomly and nice lighting from the large windows
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple