“We Always Come Back”

Maria's Garden and Inn
Jefferson, Maryland
“We Always Come Back”
Reviewed 3 September 2006

I frequently take little weekend "breathers" and head out to Berkeley Springs, WV, for weekend R & R.

Last year I was introduced to Maria's Garden Restaurant. Since that introduction, I always come back when in the area. Peg, the owner & primary cook, makes the BEST meatballs. They are huge, tasty, and filling. Her personality sparkles and this sparkle is reflected in her food.

I have also stayed in the "Suite" 3 or 4 different times. It is slated for renovations, but I adore the old-fashioned kitchen. It reminds me of growing up in the 60s. You can just see yourself and Donna Reed sitting down at the formica table with a steaming cup of coffee.

The Suite is clean, roomy, and affordable. It is warm in the winter and air conditioned (window units) in the summer.

Breakfast is included in the price of the room. The waitresses are friendly and helpful. One gets two choices of hot meals for the breakfast that comes with the room. Both choices are filling and satisfying.

I always enjoy walking down to the nearby 7-11, picking up a few of the local papers and a cup of cappacino, returning to Maria's for a little quiet moment on the wrap around porch with my coffee & papers.

The property is just 2 blocks from the Park and closer still to all of the quaint shops & art galleries. It is an idea location.

I have had the opportunity to inspect all of the rooms on the Angel Wing. Peg has put a lot of thought into the recent renovations. Each of the rooms are comfortable, clean, and special.

Stayed July 2006

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Washington, DC
Reviewed 24 March 2005

Recently had dinner at Maria's during a trip to Berkeley Springs. My mother and I both found the food (mostly Italian) to be excellent. Service was also good and the surroundings were very pleasant. Prices were very reasonable. I would definitely recommend Maria's. We didn't have kids with us, but it looked like it would accommodate them well.

1 Thank overnightraveler