My son and I recently made the trip from the Great White North for a weekend of much needed green grass and golf. We stayed in the lodge in a room with a queen size bed and single. Rooms in loge are not large but sufficient for our needs. It is dated but truly has a rustic feel. Staff were all very friendly and helpful.
Golf course was a fun play and had some very strong golf holes. Because the tough winter for WV it was still in spring like condition but very playable. Pace of play was very good and Ranger made sure that groups let others play through if necessary.
We had a nice buffet dinner for a resonable price.
They are planning quite an expansion which I am sure will bring more people into the park
Defoinitely planning another golf venture there in the future!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cacapon Resort is a mountain lodge located in Cacapon State Park, named after its close proximity to Cacapon Mountain, the highest peak in the eastern panhandle of West Virginia. The four-season lodge provides easy access to outdoor recreation including hiking, beach swimming, fishing and the Robert Trent Jones, Sr. golf course. The lodge provides guests with a relaxing setting among scenic West Virginia landscape. The onsite guest lounge comes equipped with a TV, board games and fireplace, creating a cozy area for all seasons of the year. Cabins, cottages and bungalows rentals are also available. Cacapon Resort State Park Lodge is a nonsmoking facility. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Cacapon Resort State Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cacapon Resort State Park Hotel Berkeley Springs
- Cacapon Hotel Berkeley Springs
- Cacapon Hotel State Park