Spent last week there in Cabin No. 17. Great fun for grandchildren . Boy (13) played 9 holes every week day with grand mother; terrific course at modest price. Girl 911) went on 4 one hour trail rides with very friendly and competent outfitters. played tennis (courts are only OK) each day. Nature Program is extensive and Naturalists were wonderful. Grandson did Skeet (twicw) for first time and got a weapons safety training - he loved it! Three year old loved the sandy beach at the lake ; the lake is separated into shallow and deep. But water was cold for teenagers. They did the kayaking and paddle boating ($3/half-hour) several times.
Cabin is good size with air-conditioning and fireplac (dry wood supplied). Two bed rooms with one Queen and two Twins; we got a cot from the lodge for the three days the little guy was with us. Tip: they exchange linens and towels twicw a week but the bed linens are THIN!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cacapon Resort is a mountain lodge located in Cacapon State Park, named after its close proximity to Cacapon Mountain, the highest peak in the eastern panhandle of West Virginia. The four-season lodge provides easy access to outdoor recreation including hiking, beach swimming, fishing and the Robert Trent Jones, Sr. golf course. The lodge provides guests with a relaxing setting among scenic West Virginia landscape. The onsite guest lounge comes equipped with a TV, board games and fireplace, creating a cozy area for all seasons of the year. Cabins, cottages and bungalows rentals are also available. Cacapon Resort State Park Lodge is a nonsmoking facility. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Traveltool, S.L.U. and Booking.com so you can book your Cacapon Resort State Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cacapon Resort State Park Hotel Berkeley Springs
- Cacapon Hotel Berkeley Springs
- Cacapon Hotel State Park