“Very very friendly”

Earth Dog Cafe
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 30 September 2013

Visited 3x this month. Every time the staff went out of his or her way to make me welcome. Enjoyed a real nice grill shrimp salad and my friend had a tuna steak sandwich. Chile was tasty too. Looking at the other reviews may try the pulled pork next time.

Reviewed 23 September 2013

I can only speak for the pulled pork. It is a 3 OMG rave. We usually do fast food on our way south, because we don't allot a lot of time for food when we travel, until we stop for the evening.
However, the parkng lot looked empty, and we thought that would work for us....getting in and out. BTW, there were a lot of walk ins....locals. I ordered the pulled pork and my husband wanted an egg sandwich. Well, how surprised were we! Who would think you could make an egg sandwich special? His was pale yellow, fluffy, and stacked on buttered toast. Amazing.
As for the pulled pork, it makes a pig proud. The meat was juicy, tender and tasty. No sticky bbq sauces, just a pile of perfect, pure, pork. If I didn't do anything else in Berkley Springs, I would never miss the Earth Dog. As West Virginians would say, "it's almost heaven"!

Reviewed 5 September 2013

My husband and I are locals and often eat at Earth Dog. In the beginning we could depend on a rack of ribs being outstanding. The past couple of times we have gone for lunch, albeit mid-afternoon, the ribs left a lot to be desired. In our opinion, if something you are serving is not top notch, don't serve it. If the ribs are dried out or slightly burned, the waitress should suggest another entree. We crave the ribs and go back even after an occasionally disappointing experience hoping that we will not be served anything but their best ribs. Upon entering the restaurant, one is taken aback by the decor or lack thereof. It gives the appearance of being dirty, but check out the kitchen. It is very clean as are the tables and eating areas. I think it is the decor that gives the restaurant the appearance of being dirty, certainly old and lacking good taste. We want to see this restaurant succeed because the menu is varied, creative and the food usually delicious. If more care is taken to serve only the food that is the very best possible (not just something you need to get rid of in the case of the ribs), the decor is upgraded a bit, and more effort is made to make at least the eating area near the kitchen spotlessly clean, folks will flock to your restaurant. What a great name for a restaurant.

Reviewed 23 August 2013

The second time through Berkeley Spring we at the Earth Dog. BBQ is one of those things in our opinion served fresh has one flavor and after while another. We ate at Earth Don at 3PM in the afternoon. Definitely not prime time and the BBW was pretty good. I ordered the combo dish which had a lot of food and had good flavor. We liked that they did not lather their BBQ in sauce. Sauce was provided at the table so you can control how much or little you wanted. My wife is not a big sauce fan and I tend to like more which made it great since we always share our meals. My wife ordered the summer salad and that was AWSOME. Unfortunately it’s not a special and not on the menu.

We definitely would like to try their BBQ hot off the smoker.

1  Thank Antonio T
Reviewed 20 August 2013 via mobile

Another local business we were visiting recommended this restaurant to us. Great food. Green bean appetizer is out of this world. Service was great. Toys for kids to play with. Vegetarian food is actually good, hummus is to die for. The Turkey, Bacon, and Avocado special is superb, would recommend getting without lettuce, as it's a rather big bite to begin with! Kids grilled cheese was excellent as well. All around great food, fair value, entertaining menu, and lax atmosphere. Enjoy!