“Truly Local Joint”

Earth Dog Cafe
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 7 January 2014 via mobile

Crazy local, small town atmosphere. Very nice staff that accommodated a late arriving traveler. A great cross between a hippie joint and Mel's Diner. It'll never be a five-star place, and that's terrific. Would eat here again, and I would like to see it busy because I'm sure it's loudness and madness. Clean, but older fixtures.

1  Thank Harold M

Reviewed 25 November 2013

Stopped because I had seen it on here. My husband's turkey reuben was wonderful. I had an omelette and home fries which were good but not very exciting. Lots of vegetarian options, which will be a plus for my daughter. Would definitely go again but only after I had exhausted other options.

1  Thank Julieroadtrip
Reviewed 12 November 2013

We didn't have very high expectations after our dismal experience at Diddy's but we were in for a great surprise. The staff at Earth Dog couldn't have been more friendly. The menu had lots of options, and we were waited on promptly. Even the staff that wasn't waiting on us greeted us warmly. We loved that there was a stash of table games available to play while we waited, but we didn't have a chance to get started, that's how fast we were served! The atmosphere of the whole place was festive, although I would've been fine without the garish halloween decorations. The other customers seemed to be having a great time as well. I'd be glad to stop back here anytime I'm in Berkeley Springs! What a fun place!

Reviewed 6 November 2013

We recently visited Berkeley Springs and Earth Dog Cafe was a few blocks away from the cottage we rented. We had dinner there on one evening, shared the 2-meat BBQ platter (brisket and pork), and still had so much leftover! A couple of days later we went for breakfast. Again, portions were generous and hubby had to take some of his breakfast home. Two different waitresses but no complaints about service. Very attentive. Reasonable prices.

Reviewed 23 October 2013

We ride through here every time we visit family but never have time to stop. Well, we made it a point to stop and boy was it great. We didn't want to eat too much so we just got a sandwich each -- a pulled pork and a brisket. We halved them and shared so we could both try. The meat was so juicy and tender -- I just couldn't believe it. And, everyone was so friendly. And, the portions were huge. We were in for an early lunch and they serve breakfast all the time. So, we also got to see their great omelettes and fried potatoes. We'll be back and we encourage you to go!! it's the best barbecue we've had -- ranking above some that we've had in Memphis and Nashville. Way to go guys and gals of Earth Dog Café!! Hope to eat with you soon!!