“excellent food, great service”
Review of Panorama at the Peak - CLOSED

Panorama at the Peak
Price range: US$12 - US$50
Cuisines: American
Good for: View, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Panorama at the Peak is made unique by our dedication to amazing local, organic New Appalachian cuisine on Capacon Mountain with views unlike any other! We're a restaurant with a knockout view that's completely dedicated to the tradition of good, whole food. We work within our regional food systems and most of the farms that grow and supply our food are within a 65-mile radius of Panorama at the Peak. To us, it's simple - the fresher the food, the better it tastes! When we can't get it local, we buy USA organic. And if we can't get it local or organic? We don't serve it. Each item on our menu is made from whole, not processed, food and we know each ingredient by heart. Whether you're vegan, gluten-free, or allergic to certain foods, we can cheerfully accommodate you! Our menu is always changing, a reflection of what is freshest each day. Guest favorites include our signature Dad's Perfect Rueben, Pan Fried Trout, and crisp Kale Salad! It's Panorama's commitment to innovative cuisine that has awarded us a place on WV Executive's 15 favorite restaurants in the state and Slow Food DC's Snail of Approval. Of course, none of this would be possible without a thoughtful staff that is dedicated to fantastic service and an unforgettable experience for each guest. Call today to make your reservation to enjoy a wonderful meal made from local, organic ingredients and accompanied by unbelievable views of the iconic Overlook in Berkeley Springs, West Virginia!
Reviewed 29 October 2009

We have been to Panorama at the Peak several times in the past year, including having them host the Rehearsal Dinner for our wedding. Every time we've eaten there, the food has been excellent, the service has been great, and nothing beats the views! If you get a chance, we highly recommend trying their food, especially the Pecan-Encrusted Chicken or the Fall/Spring Harvest Ravioli. Most (almost all?) of the ingredients of everything on the menu are locally grown/raised, and it definitely shows.

Our Rehearsal dinner was spectacular! Everyone who attended raved about the food, and the owners (Patti and Leslie) as well as the Chef (Scott) were so accommodating and approachable with special requests and last minute changes. Despite bad weather that obscured the amazing view, the dinner was definitely a major success and made for a memorable experience.

I would HIGHLY recommend hosting special occasions with Panorama at the Peak!

Reviewed 18 October 2009

I've eaten here about a dozen times in 18 months and, since the new chef's arrival about a year ago, the meals have been getting better and better. After my meal two nights ago, I'd say this restaurant has arrived and now rivals the much-lauded (and previously my hands-down favorite) Lot 12 for food quality. I especially like the tavern side of Panorama ("Niner's Lounge") with its romantic fireplace and cozy antique booths. The commitment to local, high-quality ingredients makes for great salad and vegetable selections: great for vegetarians, vegans, and ominoveres alike. The watercress salad was wonderful; as were the surprisingly tasty turkey croquettes (they'd been recommended by friends but had never sounded appealing - but they were fantastic). I chose the sides of root vegetables and a baked sweet potato; very comforting and tasty. The excellent food, warm and attentive service, and romantic atmosphere made for a wonderful evening.

Reviewed 26 September 2009

I took my lady there and left with a fiancee. Simply beautiful. Our table was waiting, with a Reserved sign on it - that she took with her and will keep. Highly recommended. The food is local, and delicious.

Reviewed 26 August 2009

I'm an experienced traveler and have been to many restaurants. Panorama at the Peak is one of those places that is more than just an eatery. The owners strive to use only local organic produce and humanely raised meat. Their green and eco-friendly philosophy, as well as an experienced and highly talented chef, make Panorama one of the best restaurants I've ever had the pleasure to frequent....and I have been back many times. The service is good, the owners are warm and knowledgeable and the view can't be beat.

Reviewed 10 August 2009

This restaurants name is properly "Panorama at the Peak" Their website is their name please check it out before going.

This restaurant uses local, organic ingredients when possible. Most of the meat is humane raised and local. We ate on a Friday night and had a salad and two vegetarian entrees. We called for a reservation and got a seat with a view. The service was a tad slow in a restaurant with not many patrons.

I appreciate what the restaurant is doing and thought the entrees were forward thinking. My pasta dish, overall was very good, the portion was huge and the homemade pasta was tasty.

Go here if you are looking for a view and good organic food.