“Wonderful!”
Review of Atasia Spa

Atasia Spa
More attraction details
Owner description: Atasia Spa is a full-service spa located in the middle of West Virginia's Town of Bath, one block from the Berkeley Springs State Park. Known for its spas, Berkeley Springs has many fine restaurants, B&Bs, hotels and shopping establishments - within walking distance of Atasia Spa.
Manchester, PA
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Wonderful!”
Reviewed 27 April 2013

I do taxes for a living, so it is important to be able to take a break and relax after so many stressful days of work. Hubby and I decided massages were in order. Leslie gave me my first (and most definitely NOT my last) hot stone massage and I didn't want to leave. Hubby got a theraputic massage by a Hugotte (probably not right but close) and we fought about who was bringing their lady home. Jeannie followed up my massage with a sugar scrub that left my skin feeling wonderful. I would recommend this spa to anyone and I can't wait to go back!

Visited April 2013
1 Thank HELJAN

Cleveland, Ohio
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Nice”
Reviewed 19 April 2013

I scheduled a eucalyptus steam, whirlpool bath and the rain drop massage treatment.
The steam room was very hot. The steam ran constantly. I had to step out a couple of times. This could be a personal thing - some like it very hot. I can't say that I noticed the eucalyptus very much, They provided towels, ice water, and a robe. No slippers. I walked throughout the building in my bare feet.
The whirlpool is the standard whirlpool tub. It was about 8 inches deep and 5-6 feet across, The water was nicely hot.
The raindrop treatment involved the dripping of oils on the spine, then gently running finger tips up and down the spine. I was told that the oils might burn a little and if it was really uncomfortable to tell the masseuse. It did burn a lot and when I told her she immediately cleaned it off The massage is mostly on your back and consists of mostly pressure point work. When done I was told to sit in the serenity room for a few minutes and sip some water. The chairs in the room were very low and in my opinion uncomfortable. I would probably not do the rain drip therapy again it is expensive and I didn't care for the burning sensations of the oils.
The staff was pleasant enough although I kind of felt I was being rushed through the first two treatment. The building and equipment was clean and tidy.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank floppsie256
Washington DC
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Simply Awesome”
Reviewed 24 March 2013

I received a massage yesterday by a wonderful lady named Leslie. I have been to Atasia many times and they never fail to exceed my expectations. It is by far the best Spa in Berkeley Springs. If you're looking to spend the day pampering yourself, also try the facial, various body wraps, and of course the mani/pedi. The spa is always trying new things so even if you've been there before, you'll be in for a wonderful surprise the next time you come back.

Don't bother trying to shop around trying new places--you'll be disappointed if you don't always come back to Atasia--and if you find a therapist you really love, always ask for them by name!

Visited March 2013
Woodbridge, Virginia
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Love the spa, the people, the location...”
Reviewed 17 March 2013

Atasia Spa is most certainly the spa of choice in Berkeley Springs, WV! We have a group of women (from approx. 7 - 13/year) that travel to this spa each year. We absolutely love the spa. They go out of their way to make all of us feel welcome and enjoy our experience. It's very nice to have the staff know who we are and to have the most relaxing experience. The robes are plush and the serenity areas are the best we have seen. We cannot wait to return for another visit. WE love you Atasia!

Visited April 2012
1 Thank Shani93
Rising Sun, Maryland
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Wonderful Place!”
Reviewed 20 February 2013

We have tried 3 different Spas over the last 5 years. I will say though that it all depends on the person you get, not that she wasn't nice, but I didn't get the full time/massage. Out of 4 of us ladies that went, I was the last one in the rooms and the first one out. After that visit I didn't want to go back. However, I was talked into it, and glad that I went back for a second chance. The person I had this visit was just terrific and I will definitely go back again! Love the atmosphere, people there are very nice.

Visited November 2012