“Good Return on Investment”

BEST WESTERN Berkeley Springs Inn
Hanover, Pennsylvania
“Good Return on Investment”
Reviewed 1 September 2013

Relatively new, with friendly staff, pleasant accommodations, and good breakfast. Good value for price. I could mention a lot more I liked about this Best Western, but for succinctness I will only discuss several items that could be improved. 1) Coffee in lobby is available 24/7, but made in some instant process. The coffee you can make in your room is much better. 2) While the hot breakfast is OK, there are only 4 tables inside and several outside. Could be an issue in the winter. 3) The carpet in the corridor was spotted in places. I do recommend this Best Western.

1 Thank SeniorTraveler73
BWBerkeleySpringsInn, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Berkeley Springs Inn, responded to this review, 6 September 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future. We hope you will come back and see us again soon. If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me. Thank you again for staying with us, and we hope to see you again soon!

Best Western Berkeley Springs Inn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Korean first
State Line, United States
Reviewed 22 August 2013

My daughters and I typically spend a "girls' weekend" away. The hotel offered several of the amenities we were looking for: free breakfast, a pool, and a room large enough to accommodate. I reserved the Queen suite because I was told it had 2 queen beds and a sleeper sofa. When we arrived, our room had 2 queen beds and no sofa. Front desk offered a rollaway but gave no discount; I would have liked them to offer one since I paid for the Suite. The breakfast was great; better than most. Breakfast area is too small, but we ate at the outside tables the second morning. The outdoor heated pool was wonderful; my daughters had a blast. We ate supper at the adjacent Angus and Ale Restaurant, where the food was delicious and the staff was very friendly. We would definitely stay again.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

BWBerkeleySpringsInn, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Berkeley Springs Inn, responded to this review, 24 August 2013
Dear Margaret,

Thank you for your wonderful comments regarding your recent stay with us. Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. We do offer a variety of suites. Some with sleeper sofas and some without. I apologize if you were expecting a sleeper sofa in your room. Please be sure to request a room with a sleeper sofa in the future if needed. The rollaway we provided was offered at no charge, and I hope this accommodated you to your satisfaction. We hope you will come back and see us again soon. If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me. Thank you again for staying with us, and we hope to see you again soon!

Frederick, Maryland
Reviewed 18 August 2013

I believe most of these reviews very accurately describe the same great service, clean comfortable rooms, great breakfasts, and value that I found in my recent visit. The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. Rooms very clean and restful. And the breakfast bar better than we had even hoped for (especially if you too are a biscuits & gravy fan). We will be back.

Room Tip: Good restaurant right across the parking lot.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
BWBerkeleySpringsInn, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Berkeley Springs Inn, responded to this review, 19 August 2013
Dear Hugh,

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. We are very appreciative of your wonderful comments, and strive to provide all guests with the same great experience. We hope you will come back and see us again soon. If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me. Thank you again for staying with us, and we hope to see you again soon!

Reading, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 17 August 2013

My husband and I enjoyed our stay here very much. The beds were very comfortable with plenty of pillows,air conditioner worked great and room was very clean. They even let us keep our bikes in our room so we knew they were safe:) Our drain in the tub was slow but upon checkout I told the clerk and she said than you for letting them know. Stayed here after riding bike trail in near by Hancock MD. Would stay here again. They do give a Triple A discount.

Dear Amy,

Thank you for your wonderful comments regarding your recent stay with us. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your stay in Berkeley Springs and the surrounding areas. The weather has been perfect for biking and all other types of outdoor activites. We hope you will come back and see us again soon. If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me. Thank you again for staying with us, and we hope to see you again soon!

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 17 August 2013

The hotel smelled of rotting food and cigarettes. More attention to detail as there was food left on the stairs when I checked in and was still there the next day when I said something about it. When I did, it was immediately removed and the bad food smell dissipated the next day.

haymarket, United States
Reviewed 16 August 2013

This was the first the Doctors have allowed me to travel we wanted quite, country. Berkely Springs fit the bill. Staff was very helpful getting my oxygen in. I have recommend this hotel to several of my friends.

Dear Isaac,

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. We are glad you were able to visit with us, and are excited to hear you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again soon. If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me. Thank you again for staying with us, and we hope to see you again soon!

Harrisburg, Illinois
Reviewed 16 August 2013

I found the hotel to be clean but dated. The lobby had a tired look and could have used some remodeling. The rooms were dated and the furnishings were very cheap looking. There was a floor lamp that looked like one my grandmother had years ago. The bed was comfortable with good pillows. The bathroom was clean but once again the bar lighting above the sink was quite dated. Overall it was very average hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business

Also consider these accommodations in or near Berkeley Springs
The Country Inn of Berkeley Springs
The Country Inn of Berkeley Spri...
#1 of 4 in Berkeley Springs
Motel 6 Martinsburg
Motel 6 Martinsburg
#4 of 14 in Martinsburg
Quality Inn Spring Mills - Martinsburg North

Been to BEST WESTERN Berkeley Springs Inn? Share your experiences!